Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The American Health Care Act - Summary of Provisions

Message 21 of 21

For those of you who are interested in facts rather than fake news, here is a Summary of the American Health Care Act.

This summary describes key provisions of H.R. 1628, the American Health Care Act, as passed by the House of Representatives on May 4, 2017 as a plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act (ACA) through the Fiscal Year 2017 budget reconciliation process.

Kaiser Family Foundation May 2017 - Summary of provisions in the American Health Care Act

I see this as a plan to lower insurance premiums in this marketplace but at the same time encourages insurers to stay in this marketplace to foster competition.

I see this as giving states more of a decision making role in their state insurance plans in the individual and small group marketplace - plan design and premiums.

Seems to me that more local control is best because it is closer to the citizens; IF A STATE WANTS TO GO THAT DIRECTION - their choice.

Same thing with the Medicaid changes - states can make their best decision based on their population that needs this benefit.  We have already began to move away from institutionalized care for many; leaving that very expensive care for those that actually must have it.  Now if we can only develop the workforce numbers that we need to take care of the low income aged, blind, disabled.

I see a lot of good things within it - I like more local control over things that directly effect citizens within a state and things concerning health care are definitely local.  Even in countries with some form of universal health coverage, a lot of the actual running and managing of it is on a more localize scale.

Now if we could get on to controlling some health care cost, maybe premiums would start sliding downward even more.

Happy Reading and researching.  

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies