Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: The Ach The Need to Quarentine

Message 1 of 14

@JANMB wrote:

Ms Stretch wrote ---Our groceries do not have hand sanitizers or bleach cleaners. and so is amazon. so, what other ideas regarding cleaners can we do?

Besides staying away from groups of people.  A man from CDC said families spread virus and bacteria just by sharing meals together at a table.   

Sterilize your tooth brush---don't reuse the same glass---and don't let the guys drink out of refrigerator containers.

Vinegar is recommended as a cleaning agent. 

I use  clear   Amonia in a spray bottle.   You have to be careful with it of course ......using gloves and open spaces.  It leaves no residue..  Put some in your laundry....in your dishwasher....a couple dabs will-do-ya.  

Even rubbing alcohol can be put on small pieces of paper towels stored in a baggie to use out of the house.   

I have managed to not have a cold or flu  this past decade.....I drink OJ every day and a slice of lemon in  a glass of water once a day.   
Most  is luck Prayand I'm not around kids  

Actually I wasn't the one who wrote this.

Ms Stretch wrote ---Our groceries do not have hand sanitizers or bleach cleaners. and so is amazon. so, what other ideas regarding cleaners can we do?

I was quoting a previous post, but thanks for the tips. I did suggest using isopropyl alcohol for a variety of things. 

Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds; hand sanitizer is used if you cannot do that, it is not an absolute cure-all or deterrent against any virus.

I went to Walmart today to get a few items like cat food and toothpaste, but I noticed hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes were sold out.  No surprise.  But interestingly, they had plenty of rubbing alcohol, which I figured would be gone too since it can also be used for cleaning too.  And the TP shelf was empty.  I had to laugh.  Maybe they plan on hibernating, but, as a rule, people don't shut themselves off from the rest of the world very long.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (3)
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: The Achilles Heel

Message 2 of 14

The day that racial fragmentation is  eradicated from this country, that will be the day that this country will reach racial equality.
But, I don't see that happening any time soon. Here people are white or are African Americans, or are Latinos or are Jewish Americans or Brown, or whatever color they are known as.
The problem lies, in the fact that they should all be Americans. and they are not. If I was an African American I would be and feel insulted if anyone called me an African American. why? after all that these people have gone thru in this country and they don't even get to be a full American?  same with all the other fragmented people.
Old people whenever you are whatever, are the risk population in this situation of the virus. whether you are white, Asian, Latino, brown, black if you are old. follow the rules of what we all should be doing. and stop for once calling people white or black or whatever.

no name
Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 14

@Richva wrote:

"... but when white, old people start dying or getting stuck on cruise ships...........the pressure is on..."

I'm truly confused as to why ethniticity was brought into this discussion, but since it was please provide source(s) that "white, old people" is an accurate statement. An acquaintance who is not caucasian has been lost to this and he would have been so sad to read that line from your post, not just as racial but as ageist.

When will we finally stop basing everything on ethnic origin and begin to recognize humanity as our reality? This is just so sad to me that 60 years after some of us came together to unite everyone there continues to be so many derisive issues...

I know, I may not be making sense to some, but I just don't get why we're still defining ourselves and others by ethniticity and/or age and/or gender...

Thank you for reading...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 14

Someone gave me this recipe. alcohol 60% and aloe and lavender oils. mixture. that sounds good, now I have to find those oils. lol
Gee, looked in Amazon, gone, out of stock. 

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 14

Besides staying away from groups of people.  A man from CDC said families spread virus and bacteria just by sharing meals together at a table.   

Sterilize your tooth brush---don't reuse the same glass---and don't let the guys drink out of refrigerator containers.

Vinegar is recommended as a cleaning agent. 

I use  clear   Amonia in a spray bottle.   You have to be careful with it of course ......using gloves and open spaces.  It leaves no residue..  Put some in your laundry....in your dishwasher....a couple dabs will-do-ya.  

Even rubbing alcohol can be put on small pieces of paper towels stored in a baggie to use out of the house.   

I have managed to not have a cold or flu  this past decade.....I drink OJ every day and a slice of lemon in  a glass of water once a day.   
Most  is luck Prayand I'm not around kids  

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 14

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Our groceries do not have hand sanitizers or bleach cleaners. and so is amazon. so, what other ideas regarding cleaners can we do?

Isopropyl alcohol is a great handy-dandy household item for cleaning items and hands.  Although I suspect that will be hard to find soon, if not already in some areas.  You can Google or Bing it and find a million uses.

It is actually recommended you wash your hand with soap and water for 20 seconds.  Use hand sanitizer if that's not possible (60% or higher alcohol).

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 14

The reality is that most of us are over 60. and we are the most at risk. so what are all doing about this?
Personally, I am avoiding going anywhere that I don't have to go. Just Dr's appt. and to buy food that I need. Been buying extra just in case. We at this time have had no local cases. the one that was treated here and passed was  from another country.
So, are we taking the predictions that we need to take?
Our groceries do not have hand sanitizers or bleach cleaners. and so is amazon. so, what other ideas regarding cleaners can we do?

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 14

@LouLit01 wrote:

I don't know why you're all so worried. Trump said the virus will die out in April. I think April is also the month Mexico will pay for the wall.

Has anyone told tRump that the virus is thriving in parts of the world where it is warm now?

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 14

@Panjandrum wrote:

Above all, muzzle Trump and get him out of the way with his misinformation and pathetic bragging.

Two things that are simply impossible.

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 14

I don't know why you're all so worried. Trump said the virus will die out in April. I think April is also the month Mexico will pay for the wall.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.

Top Authors