Honored Social Butterfly

The 2020 Elections

The most important elections will be now in the minds of all of us.
lets review the past and make sure that we don't make any mistakes, because we cannot afford them.
26 years of Republican power. but why? Have the Democrats done the correct thing in order to win those elections?
2016 elections. Hillary , was crown as the first woman President by the Democrats and chose  a very bad candidate that not even Democrats could vote for.
2018 elections. Ky. who was the candidate that the Democrats put against Mitch McConnell?  a woman that no one  knew about?
2012 elections. Florida. a b lack guy against Scott, again, in Florida
2018 elections. Florida again, another balck guy against a guy that it was not that popular or known De Santis? 

2020 elections. South Carolina a  black guy against Linsey Graham an incumbent of so many years?
2020 elections. prediction. If Bernie Sanders become the candidate for the Democratic Party, he will loose.  why?
Because PaCS will not vote for Sanders, Independents will not no vote for Sanders and  Moderate Democrats will not vote for Sanders. 
So, if you are all willing to risk your next elections, it will up to you, to do so.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

If Bernie Sanders become the candidate for the Democratic Party, he will loose.  why?
Because PaCS (people of color) will not vote for Sanders, Independents will not no vote for Sanders and  Moderate Democrats will not vote for Sanders. 
So, if you are all willing to risk your next elections, it will up to you, to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

newsweek poll bernie supporters.jpg

"Vote Blue No Matter Who", says who...

The National Emerson College Poll of 1,128 registered voters between January 21 and January 23 found that 53 percent of Sanders supporters said "yes" when asked if they would support the Democratic nominee even if it is not their candidate.

Another 31 percent of Sanders supporters said it depends on who the nominee is and 16 percent flat-out said no. The poll, conducted via landline calls and an online panel, has a 2.8 percentage point margin of error.

The poll suggests some Sanders supporters are out of step with their own chosen candidate on the question of supporting the Democratic nominee regardless of who it is.

"Let me be clear: If any of the women on this stage or any of the men on this stage win the nomination—I hope that's not the case, I hope it's me—but if they do I will do everything in my power to make sure that they are elected in order to defeat the most dangerous president in the history of our country," Bernie Sanders said at the recent Iowa debate.

By comparison to Sanders, 87 percent of former vice president Joe Biden's supporters said yes to voting for whoever wins the nomination, 9 percent it depends on the winning candidate, and 5 percent said no to anyone that is not Biden.

And 90 percent of Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren's supporters said they would vote for whoever is the nominee, while the remaining 10 percent said it depended on who won the nomination.

None of Warren's supporters said they would not vote for the eventual nominee if she loses the Democratic race.

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-poll-warren-biden-2020-nominee-emerson-college-1483831

newsweek bernie black voters.jpg

A majority of African Americans said they would consider voting for Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont in the presidential election, according to the results of a new poll from Ipsos and VICE News.

56% of African American voters said that they would possibly vote for Sanders.

54% who said they might vote for former Vice President Joe Biden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23% of African American respondents said they would not consider voting for Sanders at all.

24% said they would not consider voting for Biden.

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-black-voters-say-they-could-vote-bernie-sanders-2020-election-1482...

Honored Social Butterfly

And do you remember the 2016 election polls and who was the favorite to win? not even Trump thoght that he would win. Remmber that?

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The dems need to decide who they are and what they represent. IMO Bernie and his ilk are the future of the democrat party. I also believe Bernie would do "better" with Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate. She checks every box he can't and she is the dem party equivolent to Sarah Palin. 

I also see after the loss ( no chance of winning) in 2020 presidential election,  the centrist dems and the rino's forming a third party. Names like Romney, Kasich, Clinton , Bloomberg, Pelosi, etc. That's the money and the power of elitists coming together, to take control of politics. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

And do you remember the 2016 election polls and who was the favorite to win? not even Trump thoght that he would win. Remmber that?

Of course I remember that and trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes.

I also remember someone here saying it would be good if trump won, it would teach America a lesson.  How's that going?

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Of course I remember that and trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes. The popular vote, and since when the popular vote elects anyone?

I also remember someone here saying it would be good if trump won, it would teach America a lesson.  How's that going?

I probably said that, and I do believe that many need to understand your own laws.  Remember how many times I have said that we don't have the mechanisms to stop Trump? Well I guess that I was correct.  And now, you are willing to blow these coming elections also? to what gain?

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Of course I remember that and trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes. The popular vote, and since when the popular vote elects anyone?

I probably said that, and I do believe that many need to understand your own laws.  Remember how many times I have said that we don't have the mechanisms to stop Trump? Well I guess that I was correct.  And now, you are willing to blow these coming elections also? to what gain?

Why do you refer to laws in America as as "your own laws", are they not yours also?  Yes you did say all of those things about trump and helped him get elected, I hope you're happy about that. Trying to tell Democrats how to vote or run their Party is maybe something you should be doing with your own Political Party, you know, the one that just had a Senate Trial with no witnesses so that Trump could walk.

Maybe you should work on changing your own Political Party, it might work better than bashing Democrats and trying to instruct them on how to vote or who to run as a candidate. Ever think about changing Party affiliation? I certainly wouldn't want to be affiliated with a Political Party that just conspired to let Trump go free.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why do you refer to laws in America as as "your own laws", are they not yours also?  Yes you did say all of those things about trump and helped him get elected, I hope you're happy about that. Trying to tell Democrats how to vote or run their Party is maybe something you should be doing with your own Political Party, you know, the one that just had a Senate Trial with no witnesses so that Trump could walk.
And how did I accomplished that ? because If I remember correctly in 2016 I voted for Hillary Clinton.in the Genral elections.

Maybe you should work on changing your own Political Party, it might work better than bashing Democrats and trying to instruct them on how to vote or who to run as a candidate. Ever think about changing Party affiliation? I certainly wouldn't want to be affiliated with a Political Party that just conspired to let Trump go free.
So what it shows that you can't take criticsms and therefore in my view you will continue to compound on your mistakes.
And yes, you are correct your laws are my laws also. but I do pay attention to my laws. many don't.Soory, if you don't like a registered Republican 

telling you what yo do wrong/ but it would help if you paid attention. or at least listen. and  don't think you are so perfect. otherwise you wouldn't have had the Republican Party for 26 years. 
And you claim that you are not as cultish as the Trump followers.? Well, at tis time, I have no intention on changing party. but that does not say as to how I will vote in the 2020 elections. If you want to know, I have been voting for most Democrats since 2016 if you care to know.
You should thank me for providing you with a differnt point of view and not being part of the choir

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Bold print, lots of misspellings, wacky posts ... I know that MO.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

If you mean me.  everyone here knows that I have a sight problem and even with my bold print and spelling check, you will find errors. does that make me stupid? I don't think so.  As far as posting wako post, that is your opinion an problem not   mine.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Well, guys and gals, the time has come. do your best. we really need it
and make sure that the one you pick can win.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Have you noticed that the regressives are always more worried about the quality of the paper than they are about the ideas being expressed on it?

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

We learned that Presidnet Trump policies are working... bigley. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

We learned that Presidnet Trump policies are working... bigley. 

Of course they are working ............  for the 1%.

The tax cuts given to them will cost Americans over  $$$$ 1 1/2 Trillion $$$$. Income and wealth disparity has grown rapidly over the past three years, reaching record proportions not seen since prior to the 1700's. The number of homeless in America has grown, almost half of all Americans now live at or just above the poverty level, and millions lost their health insurance since tRump took office. The opioid epidemic increased mass murders by white males has increased and racist hate crimes have increased. You can call that "working" or 'making America great again', but I certainly dont'.

Honored Social Butterfly

Roxanna,are you posting under a new ID? Inquirying minds want to know.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, because there were individuals that decided to disclosed my true identity.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

Thought so .Your posts look similar to your old  ones. BTW-I wasn`t one of those individuals but it wasn`t hard to see the similarity and  figure it out.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png