Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Thats all folks!!!

Message 1 of 14

@jimc91 wrote:

Ask your working children how their 401k has done in 2017...

Ask people how their 401Ks did that had to retire right after the Republican induced economic and stock market crash happened.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@intersan wrote:

What always amazes me is why very few politicians ever address the tremendous costs of these senseless wars and foreign interventions. The Republicans, of course, want to diminish our essential social programs that people are paying into. If they're such deficit hawks, how can they give tax cuts again as Bush did? They know very well that these corporations won't return to the US with jobs that matter for the working people. Will they pay someone here $20 an hour when they can employ foreigners for 50 cents an hour? If they do return some jobs, they'll demand that they pay no taxes while they robotize their factories. We'll have limits on what we can deduct, but they'll actually be rewarded for increasing their profits. 

If there is a U.S. corporation that can hire workers at $.50/hour, there is NO incentive to bring that part of work back here.  There are many companies that don't have $.50/hour workers that will return if corporate taxes are low enough.  Right now (for instance) Ireland has a corporate tax rate of 12.5% compared to our 35% rate.  You don't think that will bring some of the high tech jobs back (who obviously are NOT making $.50/hour)?

Your claim about the tax rate is bunk because no corporation in America pays an actual rate anywhere near 35%. America is about in the middle of all other countries on the actual corporate tax rate paid.

If American POLs had put in worker protection laws into the NAFTA agreement like certain European countries had the wisdom to do then manufacturing jobs wouldn't have left the country to begin with.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

Hello

Since I have been a Child and before then Americans have been purchasing products from other countries because the items cost less than American Made Products 

Being A Active. Member Of AARP like you are makes a difference

Business like Wal-Mart exist because they sell qualify products made in other countries.

Do you purchase items from Wal-Mart

Why can't you Train to become a Home Health Aid

There are a lot of Jobs that you can do

Think about what you need and can you provide this need to others at a reasonable price.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

Ask your working children how their 401k has done in 2017...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14
no.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

@intersan wrote:

What always amazes me is why very few politicians ever address the tremendous costs of these senseless wars and foreign interventions. The Republicans, of course, want to diminish our essential social programs that people are paying into. If they're such deficit hawks, how can they give tax cuts again as Bush did? They know very well that these corporations won't return to the US with jobs that matter for the working people. Will they pay someone here $20 an hour when they can employ foreigners for 50 cents an hour? If they do return some jobs, they'll demand that they pay no taxes while they robotize their factories. We'll have limits on what we can deduct, but they'll actually be rewarded for increasing their profits. 

If there is a U.S. corporation that can hire workers at $.50/hour, there is NO incentive to bring that part of work back here.  There are many companies that don't have $.50/hour workers that will return if corporate taxes are low enough.  Right now (for instance) Ireland has a corporate tax rate of 12.5% compared to our 35% rate.  You don't think that will bring some of the high tech jobs back (who obviously are NOT making $.50/hour)?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@intersan wrote:

I heard/read a similar report. Corporate profits are up and have been for a while. The reinvestment money is going into R&D and more technology. The rest is going to shareholders, not laborers. If corporations wanted to give raises, they could have done that already. Needless to say, they are not going to employ more people than they need, and technology allows for less, not more, employees.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@erikm219989 wrote:

This is not good at all, I just found this message in my e-mail from what I think is a Hispanic Coalition. When translated to English, it sounds like the threat of an all out war against the Republican Congress could be coming in response to the bill that was passed last night. I don't know if it is originating from somewhere in Mexico or in Spain, but it is making me feel scared what things are coming to if we aren't finding ways to stop them. This is the original context of the message below that I had to use a translator on since I only understand and speak English. 

Los republicanos serán eliminados. Le mostraremos cómo es la guerra real. No tienen esperanza de vencernos. Tu débil Congreso perecerá. No negociamos con los débiles. Tus republicanos simplemente deberían renunciar. Podemos dirigir a nuestro ejército para aniquilar a cualquier enemigo. Debes prepararte para la guerra total. Nuestra temida unidad de Fuerzas Especiales puede recibir órdenes de atacar a la velocidad del rayo una vez que estalla la guerra. También estamos preparados para lanzar un ataque con misiles preventivos contra Washington DC. Los golpes serán borrados, trayendo muerte a todos y cada uno de los republicanos. Su comportamiento errático solo anunciará su destrucción final. Como dice el refrán, un hombre que es aficionado a jugar con fuego está destinado a perecer en llamas. Una vez que se emita la orden, nuestras fuerzas romperán las cinturas de tus republicanos. Cortarán completamente sus tráqueas y así se les mostrará claramente cómo es una verdadera guerra. Eso es todo

Copy the Spanish part and right click "copy".  Then Google Spanish to English translator and "paste" in the Spanish to get an English version out.

BTW, what you will see is total nonsense!

you beat me to it NOT. for once we agree...kinda gibberish.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@erikm219989 wrote:

This is not good at all, I just found this message in my e-mail from what I think is a Hispanic Coalition. When translated to English, it sounds like the threat of an all out war against the Republican Congress could be coming in response to the bill that was passed last night. I don't know if it is originating from somewhere in Mexico or in Spain, but it is making me feel scared what things are coming to if we aren't finding ways to stop them. This is the original context of the message below that I had to use a translator on since I only understand and speak English. 

Los republicanos serán eliminados. Le mostraremos cómo es la guerra real. No tienen esperanza de vencernos. Tu débil Congreso perecerá. No negociamos con los débiles. Tus republicanos simplemente deberían renunciar. Podemos dirigir a nuestro ejército para aniquilar a cualquier enemigo. Debes prepararte para la guerra total. Nuestra temida unidad de Fuerzas Especiales puede recibir órdenes de atacar a la velocidad del rayo una vez que estalla la guerra. También estamos preparados para lanzar un ataque con misiles preventivos contra Washington DC. Los golpes serán borrados, trayendo muerte a todos y cada uno de los republicanos. Su comportamiento errático solo anunciará su destrucción final. Como dice el refrán, un hombre que es aficionado a jugar con fuego está destinado a perecer en llamas. Una vez que se emita la orden, nuestras fuerzas romperán las cinturas de tus republicanos. Cortarán completamente sus tráqueas y así se les mostrará claramente cómo es una verdadera guerra. Eso es todo

Copy the Spanish part and right click "copy".  Then Google Spanish to English translator and "paste" in the Spanish to get an English version out.

BTW, what you will see is total nonsense!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors