Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Thats all folks!!!

Message 11 of 14

This is not good at all, I just found this message in my e-mail from what I think is a Hispanic Coalition. When translated to English, it sounds like the threat of an all out war against the Republican Congress could be coming in response to the bill that was passed last night. I don't know if it is originating from somewhere in Mexico or in Spain, but it is making me feel scared what things are coming to if we aren't finding ways to stop them. This is the original context of the message below that I had to use a translator on since I only understand and speak English. 

Los republicanos serán eliminados. Le mostraremos cómo es la guerra real. No tienen esperanza de vencernos. Tu débil Congreso perecerá. No negociamos con los débiles. Tus republicanos simplemente deberían renunciar. Podemos dirigir a nuestro ejército para aniquilar a cualquier enemigo. Debes prepararte para la guerra total. Nuestra temida unidad de Fuerzas Especiales puede recibir órdenes de atacar a la velocidad del rayo una vez que estalla la guerra. También estamos preparados para lanzar un ataque con misiles preventivos contra Washington DC. Los golpes serán borrados, trayendo muerte a todos y cada uno de los republicanos. Su comportamiento errático solo anunciará su destrucción final. Como dice el refrán, un hombre que es aficionado a jugar con fuego está destinado a perecer en llamas. Una vez que se emita la orden, nuestras fuerzas romperán las cinturas de tus republicanos. Cortarán completamente sus tráqueas y así se les mostrará claramente cómo es una verdadera guerra. Eso es todo

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

This bill was the same as I experienced in 1980's with Ronald Reagan.  My husband and I voted for him because of the tax cut.  We got 3%.  The 3% ended up being the biggest tax hike we could have imagined.  A lot of deductions were eliminated which we used and increased our tax bill.  We ended up cleaning out one of our savings accounts during that time to pay the deceit. My husband and I ended up paying for the tax breaks for others.  We had no children. We never got a tax refund from that time forward.  We claimed no depends and had extra taken out of our checks to cover the deceit.  Fast forward.  He is gone and I am widowed. News after he died was, bad news you loss 2/3 of your income out the household but you will be in the same tax bracket because you are single. Worse bad news, you have to start paying quarterly tax unless you have it taken out of your paycheck.  Sorry!  I just filled out my tax deduction form for next year to take an extra $100 per pay  out of my check to cover this deceit. I am 67 and still working.  I am feeling the pressure to retire.  THIS is very scary.  Don't feel the allocates on a short term tax cut for you. The provision to raise taxes if this doesn't work will come to you first, not to the top.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

The Republican's can now officially be called " PLUTOCRATS ".

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Thats all folks!!!

Message 14 of 14

We now have a dominant govt ( executive, legislature, courts) that no longer has the citizens best interests at heart. Some of the people that voted for this tax bill admitted their corporate masters would no longer donate to them if they didnt pass this bill. Their masters ADMITTED the money wouldnt go to the citizens, but to buy back stock.The end of the US constitutional government, as some here accept it with glee.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/opinion/editorials/a-historic-tax-heist.html

A Historic Tax Heist

With barely a vote to spare early Saturday morning, the Senate passed a tax bill confirming that the Republican leaders’ primary goal is to enrich the country’s elite at the expense of everybody else, including future generations who will end up bearing the cost. The approval of this looting of the public purse by corporations and the wealthy makes it a near certainty that President Trump will sign this or a similar bill into law in the coming days.

The bill is expected to add more than $1.4 trillion to the federal deficit over the next decade, a debt that will be paid by the poor and middle class in future tax increases and spending cuts to Medicare, Social Security and other government programs. Its modest tax cuts for the middle class disappear after eight years. And up to 13 million people stand to lose their health insurance because the bill makes a big change to the Affordable Care Act.

Yet Republicans somehow found a way to give a giant and permanent tax cut to corporations like Apple, General Electric and Goldman Sachs, saving those businesses tens of billions of dollars.

more at link

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Replies