Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Texas paper nails Trump for lying

http://shareblue.com/texas-paper-nails-trump-for-lying-about-witnessing-devastation-of-hurricane-fir...

 

Texas paper nails Trump for lying about “witnessing” devastation of hurricane “first hand”

 

Hurricane Harvey was the first test of how Donald Trump would handle a domestic crisis — and he failed that test miserably.

 

On Tuesday, Trump traveled to Corpus Christi, Texas, to be briefed on the response to the storm, which destroyed an estimated 30,000 to 40,000 homes in the Houston area alone. With the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) expecting to see as many as 450,000 people register as disaster victims, the impact of Harvey could end up being greater than Hurricane Katrina.

 

However, during his visit to the area, Trump was apparently more concerned with seeing large crowds at his speech than seeing the impact of the disaster or assessing the need for help.

 

“With Houston still inundated, Trump kept away from the heart of the disaster zone,” Dallas News reported. “Even a few miles from Corpus, he would have encountered homes destroyed by flooding. But with first lady Melania Trump and an entourage of cabinet members in tow, he kept his distance.”

 

According to Dallas News, Trump didn’t even visit a hurricane shelter or have any interactions with anyone who lost a home or was otherwise affected by the storm.

 

So when Trump tweeted out a statement about “witnessing first hand the horror & devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey,” reporters from the area were baffled — and it didn’t take long for Trump to get called out for lying about his visit.

 

Think they're being a little hard on Trump? I mean lying is what he does, why expect anything less.

Social Butterfly

He's a fake, a liar and he has a hole where his heart should be.
Honored Social Butterfly


mimi0000 wrote:
"...He's a fake, a liar and he has a hole where his heart should be....".

Maybe. ButTexas voted in both Trump and Cruz along with being the home of Joel Osteen.


"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Social Butterfly

retiredtraveler
Maybe. ButTexas voted in both Trump and Cruz.

I'm missing you point.
Honored Social Butterfly


@mimi0000 wrote:
"...I'm missing you point....".

Point is, doesn't matter what the papers think of him. The people of Texas supported the prez, support the person who voted against Sandy, and support one of the biggest fraudsters in the country.

        I suspect they will continue to support all of them.

 


"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Honored Social Butterfly


@retiredtraveler wrote:

@mimi0000 wrote:
"...I'm missing you point....".

Point is, doesn't matter what the papers think of him. The people of Texas supported the prez, support the person who voted against Sandy, and support one of the biggest fraudsters in the country.

        I suspect they will continue to support all of them.

 


And on top of all that TEXAS holds the award for the most racist state in the union with a Governor that has contested women's rights, minority rights, gay rights and on and on..... not to mention that TEXAS is home to more KKK chapters than any other state by far...even the ones we call DEEP SOUTH, like Mississippi and Alabama.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos
555 Views
12
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@nctarheel wrote:

@retiredtraveler wrote:

@mimi0000 wrote:
"...I'm missing you point....".

Point is, doesn't matter what the papers think of him. The people of Texas supported the prez, support the person who voted against Sandy, and support one of the biggest fraudsters in the country.

        I suspect they will continue to support all of them.

 


And on top of all that TEXAS holds the award for the most racist state in the union with a Governor that has contested women's rights, minority rights, gay rights and on and on..... not to mention that TEXAS is home to more KKK chapters than any other state by far...even the ones we call DEEP SOUTH, like Mississippi and Alabama.


In fact, the Democrats are responsible for racism and even starting and perpetuating the KKK.

https://www.prageru.com/courses/history/inconvenient-truth-about-democratic-party

0 Kudos
763 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


In fact, the Democrats are responsible for racism and even starting and perpetuating the KKK.

https://www.prageru.com/courses/history/inconvenient-truth-about-democratic-party


PRAGERU.... ARE YOU SERIOUS??????????

 

This high tech merchant for the uninformed is neither an institution nor a university. It is a trickster YouTube site that has been "RESTRICTED" time and again by YouTube. It is beyond heavily biased, it is beyond ALT-RIGHT and it is certainly, not to be believed by anyone at any time.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Trusted Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


In fact, the Democrats are responsible for racism and even starting and perpetuating the KKK.

https://www.prageru.com/courses/history/inconvenient-truth-about-democratic-party


PragerU says on its official site:  "We use the best ideas from the best minds and distill them into five focused minutes."

 

PragerU publishes on this website a disclaimer after each of the items listed on the website curricula:  Prager University is not an accredited institution and does not offer certifications or diplomas.  Prager University does claim accreditation from the National Association of Private Schools [NAPS].  Prager University is a creation of Dennis Prager who, before this venture was a far right conservative talk show host.  Prager University is supported by donations.  

 

PragerU products appear virtually verbatim in opinion posts on youtube, facebook and aarp.

Honored Social Butterfly


@umbarch64 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


In fact, the Democrats are responsible for racism and even starting and perpetuating the KKK.

https://www.prageru.com/courses/history/inconvenient-truth-about-democratic-party


PragerU says on its official site:  "We use the best ideas from the best minds and distill them into five focused minutes."

 

PragerU publishes on this website a disclaimer after each of the items listed on the website curricula:  Prager University is not an accredited institution and does not offer certifications or diplomas.  Prager University does claim accreditation from the National Association of Private Schools [NAPS].  Prager University is a creation of Dennis Prager who, before this venture was a far right conservative talk show host.  Prager University is supported by donations.  

 

PragerU products appear virtually verbatim in opinion posts on youtube, facebook and aarp.


Aahhh - we see - Prager Universtity is like Trump University - a university in name only - but with the addition of crackpot frothing-at-the-mouth RWNJ delusions and racist nonsense...

 

No wonder RWNJs support it with donations...

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

To those of us in these affected areas we wouldn't care if he visited homeless shelters or wherever nor political postering here.  And especially nonsensical comments about racism when there are those of all groups here in the same situation and are helping each other.

 

And all one has to do is go out and see the distruction all around without any politician, Democrat or Republican interrrupting for photo-ops.  We just got back from checking on our house to see the aftermath and the flooding that is rising.  

 

We had extensive distruction during Hurricane Ike and the comments then were a thousand percent nice than those now.  Shows how the forum has deteriorated with the quality of posters since then.

0 Kudos
534 Views
7
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your fellow Texan's Tex. IMHO , the greatest show on earth will be ending sooner than later and our Nation can concentrate on getting some things accomplished for all Americans.

0 Kudos
773 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

To those of us in these affected areas we wouldn't care if he visited homeless shelters or wherever nor political postering here.  And especially nonsensical comments about racism when there are those of all groups here in the same situation and are helping each other.

 

And all one has to do is go out and see the distruction all around without any politician, Democrat or Republican interrrupting for photo-ops.  We just got back from checking on our house to see the aftermath and the flooding that is rising.  

 

We had extensive distruction during Hurricane Ike and the comments then were a thousand percent nice than those now.  Shows how the forum has deteriorated with the quality of posters since then.

No .... it (the topic) shows how the Presidency has "deteriorated" under Trump ..... and those who still support him no matter how vile his actions and omissions become!


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly


@myexper wrote:

No .... it (the topic) shows how the Presidency has "deteriorated" under Trump ..... and those who still support him no matter how vile his actions and omissions become!


 


You have just proved what I posted by being more interested in petty politics rather than concerned by the thousands who have lost everything this past week.  I'm sure that they would be happy if you and the other poster was here instead of elsewhere.

 

Hate comes in many forms, but lack of compassion is the worse. 

0 Kudos
754 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

No .... it (the topic) shows how the Presidency has "deteriorated" under Trump ..... and those who still support him no matter how vile his actions and omissions become!


 


You have just proved what I posted by being more interested in petty politics rather than concerned by the thousands who have lost everything this past week. 

Nope Tex ..... I posted ON THE TOPIC. 

You changed the topic by introducing another completely different subject ..... having NOTHING to do with the topic ......just so you could contrive another false accusation!

 

I'm sure that they would behappy if you and the other poster was here instead of elsewhere.

????????????? .......

 

Hate comes in many forms, but lack of compassion is the worse. 

Another straw man argument Tex!

 

I NEVER advanced anything to indicate a "lack of compassion" for those "who lost everything" ....... as you falsely accuse. You made that up!

 

My comment pertained to the TOPIC ..... as it should ..... and NOTHING to warrant the accusation you contrived against me!


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

No .... it (the topic) shows how the Presidency has "deteriorated" under Trump ..... and those who still support him no matter how vile his actions and omissions become!


 


You have just proved what I posted by being more interested in petty politics rather than concerned by the thousands who have lost everything this past week.  I'm sure that they would be happy if you and the other poster was here instead of elsewhere.

 

Hate comes in many forms, but lack of compassion is the worse. 


An interesting but not entirely accurate "opinion".

Opinions are not created equal - they issue from well or less well educated and more or less biased sorts of personalities, don't they?

 

The hateful premeditated murderous act act of James Alex Fields,Jr, - driving a car at speed into other vehicles surrounded by a crowd and subsequently being the actor responsible for murdering a young woman who was acting lawfully and constitutionally - that is a far worse thing than a "lack of compassion".

 

Trump displayed HIS abominable and despicable lack of compassion when he demonstrated that he cares far more about his image and "how he looks" than he cares (he doesn't really) about those who have lost everything - that's how it is with malignantly narcissistic rich white trash like trump...

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@alferdpacker wrote:



An interesting but not entirely accurate "opinion".

Opinions are not created equal - they issue from well or less well educated and more or less biased sorts of personalities, don't they?

 




Another "compassionate" liberal who is more interested in political accusations than for the people of Corpus Christi, Houston, etc.  What does Fields have to do with the disaster that has disrupted the lives of thousands?

 

Can any of those who are criticizing Trump regarding this consider themselves better then he? They have been disregarding the victims and is more interesting in political politics?  Can they consider themselves any better than what they accused him of?

 

God help the country if it has degenerated into this.


0 Kudos
712 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

 


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 

God help the country if it has degenerated into this.



It's too late - god allowed a serial adulterer, liar and criminally dishonest malignant narcissist to be elected - thereby signifying his approval...

 

Yep - it's crystal clear - trump voters and supporters sure do have every appearance of approving of degeneracy, criminality, racism, and bigotry - fine folk that Herod, Nero, Hitler and Stalin would have been proud of...

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@gruffstuff wrote:

According to Dallas News, Trump didn’t even visit a hurricane shelter or have any interactions with anyone who lost a home or was otherwise affected by the storm.

 

So when Trump tweeted out a statement about “witnessing first hand the horror & devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey,” reporters from the area were baffled — and it didn’t take long for Trump to get called out for lying about his visit.

 

Think they're being a little hard on Trump? I mean lying is what he does, why expect anything less.


Not only lying, but inappropriately fundraising at the site of a national disaster.

 

He wore his "fund raising" hats ($40 each) to his public appearances like he was on the campaign trail rather than a disaster.

 

He doesn't know how to show empathy because he is a sociopath and a snake oil salesman.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png