Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
100
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

100 Views
Message 1 of 36

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
What is denied and argued is the cause and the fix. The global weather is measurable and unpredictable.

We can measure the weather patterns for a very long time via glacial deposits... and using 100 years as a bench mark is crazy ... and science knows this. We need brain power not political power.

Did you watch Jordan Peterson's video?

I'm glad we're out of the Paris accords.

In which branch of science does Jordan Peterson have his PhD? OH. Right. clinical Psychology.   Um. Do you call a plumber when you need dental work?


Did you watch the video? 

You realize the "fear" being used by dems (and others) as a motivater for climate resolution.... right? The psychology  of climate changes affects and dilutes the science. Who doesn't know this? 

 

You should watch the video and comment on his intellectual view as he addresses the psychology of climate change as  uniting influence to battle said problem. 

 

I swear it won't hurt. Get a glass of wine for comfort and report back to us.

 


Of course I did not watch the video. I read scientific publications and watch factual shows reporting on such.  I gave up worrying about how science made me feel when I recognized that science did not care.  Facts are facts and the theory of man made global warming has yet to see any facts which disprove.  

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
100
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
107
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

107 Views
Message 2 of 36

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
What is denied and argued is the cause and the fix. The global weather is measurable and unpredictable.

We can measure the weather patterns for a very long time via glacial deposits... and using 100 years as a bench mark is crazy ... and science knows this. We need brain power not political power.

Did you watch Jordan Peterson's video?

I'm glad we're out of the Paris accords.

In which branch of science does Jordan Peterson have his PhD? OH. Right. clinical Psychology.   Um. Do you call a plumber when you need dental work?


Did you watch the video? 

You realize the "fear" being used by dems (and others) as a motivater for climate resolution.... right? The psychology  of climate changes affects and dilutes the science. Who doesn't know this? 

 

You should watch the video and comment on his intellectual view as he addresses the psychology of climate change as  uniting influence to battle said problem. 

 

I swear it won't hurt. Get a glass of wine for comfort and report back to us.

 


"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
107
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
109
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

109 Views
Message 3 of 36
@ MsStretch Weather is a numerical value that is recorded after the fact... therefore it's measurable over very long periods of time.

Prediction of weather is increasingly subjective as time increases. See hurricane predictions cones as an example or computer models of such.

Therefore it's accurate to say it's measurable and unpredictable.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
109
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
126
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

126 Views
Message 4 of 36

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
What is denied and argued is the cause and the fix. The global weather is measurable and unpredictable.

We can measure the weather patterns for a very long time via glacial deposits... and using 100 years as a bench mark is crazy ... and science knows this. We need brain power not political power.

Did you watch Jordan Peterson's video?

I'm glad we're out of the Paris accords.

In which branch of science does Jordan Peterson have his PhD? OH. Right. clinical Psychology.   Um. Do you call a plumber when you need dental work?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
126
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
138
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

138 Views
Message 5 of 36

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
What is denied and argued is the cause and the fix. The global weather is measurable and unpredictable.

We can measure the weather patterns for a very long time via glacial deposits... and using 100 years as a bench mark is crazy ... and science knows this. We need brain power not political power.

Did you watch Jordan Peterson's video?

I'm glad we're out of the Paris accords.

This is where we diverge on opinion.  You are losing me on weather being measurable, yet unpredictable.  Bottom line: I believe that human beings are the cause of accelerated climate change and it will and IS resulting in dire consequences.

 

I tried to watch the video, but like I said I had to take it with a grain of salt given that Peterson is a clinical psychologist whose main areas of study are in abnormal, social, and personality psychology, with a particular interest in the psychology of religious and ideological belief.  That, and if I heard one more "Good luck with that", I was going to scream.  (But again, I can't listen to Trump speak either.)  I did note that Peterson is very diverse.  He has opinions on many things, including gambling, transgender pronouns. gay couples with children, equal pay in Iceland.

 

I also admit that I am NOT a scientist or climatologist or meteorologist or expert in the field; therefore, I defer to the majority consensus.



    

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
138
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
149
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

149 Views
Message 6 of 36
What is denied and argued is the cause and the fix. The global weather is measurable and unpredictable.

We can measure the weather patterns for a very long time via glacial deposits... and using 100 years as a bench mark is crazy ... and science knows this. We need brain power not political power.

Did you watch Jordan Peterson's video?

I'm glad we're out of the Paris accords.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
149
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
155
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

155 Views
Message 7 of 36

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

No one denies climate change and most accept the science without the politics. 

 

If that's the consensus the issue becomes what do we do? AOC's green new deal is stupid. The idea of reducing CO2 is the challenge and how to do that without an ensuing economic disaster. 

 

Good science, industry, innovators, entrepreneurs, will help, politicans and politics never do. However the two are now so interminggled, we can't seperate the two. 

 

Natural Gas (peak demand) along with solar and wind (when available) along with nuclear (base) is the direction we are going. I'm OK with that. There are other more reliable natural sourses, like tidal, geo thermal, and we must still pursue the  holy grail of power ... fusion (not there.... yet)

 

 


I agree with what you say with the possible exception of "No one denies climate change".   Politics and economics are the greatest stumbling blocks.

 

Yes, perhaps the Green New Deal may be too extreme NOW, but I applaud AOC for daring to aim high and bringing it to the table and sparking discussion.  Scoff at it like Al Gore was scoffed at, but it is the future, whether we live to see it or not.

 

Politics.  What do we do?  I admit I just can't get past the fact that we have a president that pulled us out of a collective agreement made by the whole world to address the manmade acceleration of climate change and the consequences and believes wind turbines cause cancer and is worried that he won't be able to watch his beloved TV.

 

Thank God for the scientists and the innovators and the entrepreneurs and dreamers who continue to believe they can save the world.  May they never stop believing.



    

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
155
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
173
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

173 Views
Message 8 of 36
http://news.mit.edu/2019/progress-practical-fusion-energy-0124

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
173
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
174
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

174 Views
Message 9 of 36

No one denies climate change and most accept the science without the politics. 

 

If that's the consensus the issue becomes what do we do? AOC's green new deal is stupid. The idea of reducing CO2 is the challenge and how to do that without an ensuing economic disaster. 

 

Good science, industry, innovators, entrepreneurs, will help, politicans and politics never do. However the two are now so interminggled, we can't seperate the two. 

 

Natural Gas (peak demand) along with solar and wind (when available) along with nuclear (base) is the direction we are going. I'm OK with that. There are other more reliable natural sourses, like tidal, geo thermal, and we must still pursue the  holy grail of power ... fusion (not there.... yet)

 

 


"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
174
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
190
Views

Re: Temps. in both Australia and Alaska hit record highs.....

190 Views
Message 10 of 36

Just think, we can fix the climate instantly by passing the green new deal. Happy days will be here again and we can return to Camelot and enjoy life for the next 12 years instead of the planet dying.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
190
Views