Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: In honor of President's Day this year, tell us who is your favorite U.S. President of all time a

Message 251 of 343

FDR...Truman....JFK....

FDR ended the depresson, helped winn WW2, brought us Social Security.....etc. etc...etc...

Truman was a good strong no nonsence guy, nothing phony about him.

JFK was a handsome man, was about to do great things when he was killed.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: In honor of President's Day this year, tell us who is your favorite U.S. President of all time a

Message 252 of 343

My favorite, and the one generally considered by historians to be our best President, is Harry S. Truman.  He was dropped totally unprepared into the Office of President by the sudden death of FDR, and was not even aware of the atomic bomb tests being conducted.  He made the decision to drop the bomb as soon as it was ready, and in doing so saved the lives of at least a quarter million American servicemen and even more Japanese civilians by bringing World War II to an end.

I've never considered myself political, but as an eight-year-old I went door-to-door in my neighborhood asking people to vote for Truman and not Dewey.

Give 'em Hell, Harry!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 253 of 343

@df2093 wrote:

I find Johnson to be one of the WORST because of his comment "give the "N"'s welfare and they will vote Democrat for life. HOW demeaning! AND? Racist. FYI It was the other side of the aisle the right side that actually fought and won the end of segregation and were the ones that fought the hardest FOR civil rights. The Democrats looked at blacks like bait and exploited them for votes. They destroyed the black family by making there be zero responsibility for fathers to care for their kids with handouts to the women in wlefare.

Problem is those Dixiecrats are now running the GOP, along with the John Birch Society rebranded as Teabaggers.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 254 of 343

I thnk he will go down AS THE MOST DIVISIVE THAT'S FOR SURE. and THE ONE WHO TMADE THE RETURN  to racism as his community agitator beliefs led him. I would never call an advocate of Saul Alinsky a great anything excpet a left wing radical

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 255 of 343

I find Johnson to be one of the WORST because of his comment "give the "N"'s welfare and they will vote Democrat for life. HOW demeaning! AND? Racist. FYI It was the other side of the aisle the right side that actually fought and won the end of segregation and were the ones that fought the hardest FOR civil rights. The Democrats looked at blacks like bait and exploited them for votes. They destroyed the black family by making there be zero responsibility for fathers to care for their kids with handouts to the women in wlefare.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 256 of 343

President Barack Obama.

Facing a hostile and obstructionist Congress, President Obama has still managed to rack up an impressive list of accomplishments. But beyond accomplishments, his maturity, his grace and his vision for a better future has helped our country move in the right direction.  Just one example:  think about how gay marriage was viewed during the Clinton or Bush administration vs. its widespread acceptance today.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 257 of 343

I find that a terrible thing to say honestly. Apparently you have bought into the divisiveness of this President. republicans are Americans just like you are and have many of the same wants, needs and desires. We just DON"T desir36+e to have someone else be responsible for us. Glad I'm not a democrat if you feel that way about fellow Americans just based on political bents. Sad for you

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 258 of 343
Ronald Reagan
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 259 of 343
After reading Doris Kearns Goodwin, Abe Lincoln. I agree with so many others, too: TR and FDR.
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 260 of 343
Lincoln, I believe will always be my favorite. A self made man with integrity. He was in office during exceedingly difficult times. He fought to unite our country and make all people free from slavery. He knew what was right and never backed down. Honesty and integrity. Great man
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors