Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Tell us who is your favorite U.S. President of all time and why

Message 81 of 343
Obama??? If he did so much for the common working people, why did they vote en mass for Trump? If you believe the things you wrote, I have some swamp land in Florida you'll want to buy. Obama's legacy is: Race relations deteriorated to a point unmatched since the 1960's, constant war overseas throughout his 8 years, taking soldiers out of Iraq before military advisers felt the Iraqi's were ready, thus making a nice opening for ISIS, increasing loss of American jobs to overseas markets, police being killed for no reason other than being police, health insurance for those who can barely afford it increasing in cost by about 30%, hospitals and insurance companies dealing with extremely expensive, restrictive requirements, acting as if he were a king by pushing through laws without congressional consent, running a war without declaring war, and representing only the half of the country that voted for him. He ran rough-shod over the deeply held beliefs of millions of Americans, thinking he knew better than the citizens. No other president has or will ever be able to get away with what he did. He didn't even attempt to bring the country together or work with Republicans. You want shame?? Try to pay for health insurance now! If you are among the working poor who don't qualify for Obamacare, you are paying double to provide it for others. Liberals think they represent the poor, but they could care less about the people put out of work by their environmental mandates. Obama could have gradually cut back on coal production, while helping the people put out of work get training for comparable jobs, but he ignored the workers' concerns because the liberal media could care less about people in certain parts of the country. No one would see them, but fortunately, they still had a vote. And what did Hillary promise? More of the same. Those people don't want handouts. They want good, honest work. They want to earn their way. And Trump is already bringing back jobs for people who want to work. They'll get their pride back. No wonder so many people are glad to welcome a change! And we won't even mention Michelle Obama's junkets on Air Force One with her friends! (Air Force One is supposed to be for the president only, or for his family when they accompany him.)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 343

The question is tell who your fav president is, not bash what others are saying. Everyone has a right to their opinion on who is their favorite president, let's let them say it. It's taking the fun out of it.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Harry Truman

Message 83 of 343
Did you happen to know that he wrote several books that became best sellers. Do the math? I believe you are reading too much fake news.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Harry Truman

Message 84 of 343

Harry had honesty and integrity.

On the subject of Obama, some intelligent fellow extolled his legacy: Nearly doubled the National Debt!  Made $400,000 a year for 8 years and just bought a $6,000,000 house.  You do the math, Mr. Intelligent fellow.  Can you say puppet of Soros?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 343

President John F. Kennedy, "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You, But What You Can Do For Your Country!".   I was on 10 years old when I heard him speak those words.  Words I will never forget!  There were jobs in this country.  President Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy were admired by the world. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 343

Bobby Kennedy will always be my favorite (almost) POTUS. He had the heart for the people, the experience to see what needed to change, and the guts to get it done. Sirhan Sirhan did this country a grave disservice when he ended this promising young life; and I believe it also had a profound emotional impact on the people that remember it; how it changed our worldview...........

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 343

So who was your favorite POTUS?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 343

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion. I just think President Obama gave out so much money to no end and the US lost so much credibility across the oceans in prestige and militarily. He never fired anyone and the banks got away with murder. I do give him credit for Osamas demise!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 343
And, he was a pedophile--impregnated a 15-year-old.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 343

Harry Truman!  He was honest, fearless, a regular human being, and faithful to his wife.  What you saw was what you got.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22