Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tell us who is your favorite U.S. President of all time and why

Message 91 of 343
No question that Obama was the best. He did more for minorities and average working people despite everything the Republicans could do to stop him. If it wasn't for their years of obstruction, he could have put through universal health care, rebuilt our decaying infrastructure, addressed climate change and so many more urgent programs that will not get done now. Republicans will go ahead and take away the health care from millions who desperately need it.. They have no shame.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 343
I was in the military when Reagan took office. 1) Yes, he did give us a desperately needed raise! 2) He threw money to the military to upgrade their equipment and training, but did not initiate any oversight for misappropriations. 3) Grew the national debt to astronomical heights in the process of bringing down the USSR. 4) He initiated the degradation of the middle class with his destruction of America's unions, when he fired the Air Traffic Controllers who went on strike, and wouldn't let them be rehired, setting a new standard against workers. 4) Eliminated a great many civil service jobs on military bases as a cost saver. That resulted in undocumented workers taking the jobs civil servants had on the bases I lived on, to perform routine housing maintenance. It became difficult to get housing repairs and when you did to was poor quality. Shortly after eliminating those government positions, a woman was raped on the installation I was at, in the housing area, by one of those undocumented workers. 5) Reagan lied about his Iran-Contra involvement and hung LTC Oliver North out to dry . But I learned a valuable lesson, just say "I do not recall," and you have a good chance of getting away with it. 6) He was against Roe v. Wade. He should have minded his own business.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 343

President Reagan!! He took care of us active duty soldiers like no other. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 343

President Barack Obama!!!!! I love the way he held his position no matter what. I could say more but a little sad.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 343
Obama. Saved our economy from the brink of disaster left by his predecessor, created jobs, gave healthcare to millions, stood up for human rights for all, 0 scandals, a great man, loving husband, wonderful father. Set an amazing standard. Will be greatly missed.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: favorite President

Message 96 of 343

I'm with you! Carter's the only president that I believe really tried to follow through on his promises and beyond. Terrible the way Reagan and his cronies exaggerated his mis-steps (what? he was supposed to be perfect?), and delayed his negotiations with Iraq to free American hostages so that Reagan could reap the glory of all his work. Truly a shameful act that many are still unaware of or are misinformed.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 343
Reagan never did a thing to help minorities, he sold arms to Iran which was an impeachable offense. He is lucky that we was not removed from office. He ran up huge deficits like Bush did. A really terrible president. Almost as bad as Trump will be.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 343

Agree with you completely!  LT/Col. Retired Donald Floden.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 343

President Ronald Reagan because he cared for all Americans and took care of his troops of which I was part of!!!    He made Russia sway away from Communism (exceot for Putin).  Our pay was the best it ever was!   LTC (Ret) Jerry Gonzales, San Antonio

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 343

OBAMA

Kudos
Views