Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tell us who is your favorite U.S. President of all time and why

Message 111 of 343
In my lifetime I'd say Reagan. He brought an economic, and social stability along with a military strength that hadn't existed since before the Vietnam War.......
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 343

Good on you! The work associated with, or an advocate for mental health, creates more awareness of problems associated this subject than most I feel certain..

If I may, the US method(s) this country has/have,for the most part, employed,.e.g.,humane and appropriate care and eliminating the "Stigma and. Fear," the latter of which still remains too great a percentage of our citizens moves forward.

That is as far as my thinking takes me.

Charlee6

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 343
Good on you for keeping all to remember those spelling tests in elementary school. Hated oral tests, but written did well.
We ali make typos; I know I certainty have made my share. Beginning on an Underwood manual, going through all changes since, difficult but welcome. Then Word Processing - WOW!
First computer I saw took up a very large room. We, and a those who never gave up, we have at present. Cannot wonder - what is next.
Sure all now are are aware am quite "long on the tooth" for sure.
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 343

No disagreement, especially.  Obviously, a great deal of research and genuine respect was involved by the author.  It is, however, a bit "long on the tooth" do you not agree?

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 343

But, Trump is NOT a US President; president elect, yes but not yet officially sworn in. -  right?   Of course, RIGHT!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 343

Andrew Jackson. Although he could not read or write well, spat his tobacco into conveniently placed spitunes around the White House, and was prone to being blunt, crude, and stubborn, he was, never-the-less, a "common man's" president of first order. He founded the Democratic Party, did away with a monarchy style rulership, and reformed the outdated and scandal riddled banking system. His use of the veto system was legionary and showcased his visionary skills. As with all presidents, he had his downside. American Indian and slave issues continued to be a dark cloud over his otherwise brilliant career. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 343

Thomas Jefferson. His contributions to our great nation; his insight and vision of what our nation can be; and his statesmenship, a truly great American president. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 343

Pres. George Washington!  Name another that had to face that type of adversity? I don't expect my government or President to decide or provide for my every need. I do expect them to use my tax dollars WISELY which is a pipe dream. I also expect them to not use my tax dollars to fund "groups" by using mathematical process to pad numbers for next election. If you classify people by Color, Sex, Age, Sexual preference, political party, environment, kill babies/don't kill babies etc, and you use tax dollars directly labeled to support that demographic, you have failed as government. Show me a President that focused on Uniting, Employment and Security and I will show you a successful President. Now, name one! 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: favorite President

Message 119 of 343

Ronnie is my favourite.  Felt so proud of this wonderful country of ours.  He brought back how things were, how Iremember so very long ago.

I wish to thank everyone for the " kudos."  Was not able to find the topic and posts, so putting my appreciation here.  

Having computer probs today - we all know about that!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: favorite President

Message 120 of 343

Jimmy Carter. The poor guy didn't understand the school yard tactics of national politics, but he had personal integrity and a service orientation that vanished from federal government. JFK is my number two pick during my lifetime.

In my memory, Ronald Reagan is the worst president because he not only set us up for economic disasters with his deregulation of financial organizations, but also began the shift to protect corporate economic health over human public health with decisions that ranged from declaring ketchup a vegetable for school lunches to his promotion of science experimentation with genetic engineering and pesticides. This corrupted the culture of our regulatory agencies. Both Bushes, both Clintons, and President Obama continued that lack of integrity and responsibility with their administrations. As a matter of fact, I'd say Obama is the second worse president because despite promising to reduce fluoride exposure via pesticides and promote scientific integrity and transparency, he has been totally coopted. His "no drama" persona allowed him to go along and justify his actions, to be willfully blind to the harm caused by any number to policies that were economically profitable. 

Don't kid yourself...  Obama's betrayals and the Clinton promotion of GMO and vaccinations contributed to Donald Trump's popularity. It doesn't get more personal than ill health caused or worsened by poisoned water, food and medicine. 

Recent Items: 

As to the future, JFK's words from long ago echo in my head today, “There is nothing in the record of the past two years when both Houses of Congress have been controlled by the Republican Party which can lead any person to believe that those promises will be fulfilled in the future. They follow the Hitler line - no matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as truth.”  ~ John F. Kennedy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors