Highlighted
Contributor

Re: In honor of President's Day this year, tell us who is your favorite U.S. President of all time a

Message 201 of 343

Kennedy, because I really felt something about him, but Reagan was kool, Nixon was fine, Carter was allright, Ford was good. There are so many, I'm sure I missed a few.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: In honor of President's Day this year, tell us who is your favorite U.S. President of all time a

Message 202 of 343
Lyndon Johnson. History will judge him as an excellent president despite the Vietnam War. A study of his achievements will bear me out. He knew how to negotiate with the opposition and to get things done in Washington, not like today's Congress.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 203 of 343
My favorite will always be L B J. But I think FDR, dwight Eisenhower did the most for this country. I know that John Kennedy was some people's favorite but he did not accomplish anything significant. Think of it Dwight D Eisenhower built the interstates across America, tell me that's not significant.
Highlighted

Message 204 of 343

FDR - he didn't let his physical challenges keep him from doing what was necessary to bring our country back from the depression and then in a time of war.

Truman - he was thrust into the job and then made  one of the most difficult decisions to do what was necessary to end the War.

Reagan - the one or two times he was wrong, he stepped up and admitted to being wrong.  Most of the time, made us want to stand tall, be strong, and most of all, be proud to be Americans.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 205 of 343

i love, love, love obama and clinton and roosevelt. i am 100% democrat and very proud of these presidents. it is what they stand for and what they try to accomplish. to me they represent compassion and cautious optimism and are inclusive for all people. obama has done so much for our country, his greatest legacy will be the affordable care act. he has also developed relationships with iran and cuba and we need to have relationships with these countries. he has worked against discrimination of all kinds and even though the congress has been rude and stubborn with him he has been able to accomplish these things. he is the best president and i am proud of him and proud to be an american because of him.

Highlighted

Message 206 of 343

Reagan ?

Who layed the foundation for the destruction of the middle-class !

Who should have been impeached for what he did in South America !

For the deal he made with Iran to post pone the release American hostages !

Nothing more than a GE flunky !

Highlighted

Message 207 of 343

My fav would be LBJ  who I think is one of the most underrated Presidents.

His work with Medicare and civil right should put him in the top of any list.

He knew how to get things done ! And he was one of the last Democrats that

really fought for the middle-class.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 208 of 343
Jimmy Carter
Highlighted

Message 209 of 343

Harry S Truman:  He rose to the challenge with the sudden death of FDR.  He made the decision to use the BOMB to end the war.  A prolonged blockade or invasion would have cost millions of lives, Allied and Japanese.  Tens or hundreds of thousand of GIs' would not have come home which means a great many people reading this today would not be here, along with many of hte people crying about it today.  When Stalin cutoff Berlin by land, the US and British kept it supplied by air for eleven months, I doubt any of our current "leaders" could come with today.  The other vote goes to George Washington.  We simply would not have a country had he not stuck it out during the revolution.  The attack on Trenton in 1776 was the turning point, and, that he kept the U S Army (in January 1776 even before the Declaration of Independence that the Continental Army was hence fore the United States Army) in the field all those years is what made it happen.  Had he not agreed to be the first President I doubt we would have the Constitution we have today.  Any road or rail line through the Allegheny Mountains still relies at the start on his surveys.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 210 of 343

Andbody but Obama who is no friend to seniors or the disabled.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors