Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Tell Me It Isn't So.... Garrison Keiller Fired for Sexual Harrassment

Message 21 of 23

No factual data leading to a conclusion as to whether it's true or not.

However, after various discussions and conversations over the last 25+ years regarding males making improper advances and/or engaging in improper behavior on the edge of sexual attack and sexual harassment with most women in my extended family, numerous members of a support group for battered women and others - not a single one of them has been free of unwanted sexually related physical contact up to and including attempted rape and commission of rape.

I strongly suspect that nearly half of the male population has been involved in some form of improper and unwanted sexual advances - even after being told that advances were not welcome.

Thinking with the wrong head - no other possibility.

It's likely that whole bunches more women will finally get the courage to speak up about improper, unethical, unprofessional, possibly unlawful, and unwanted sexual contacts they have been subjected to...

When you hear or read of a male speaking out against and increasingly large number of women coming forward with their stories - you will know just exactly what kind of "not-man" that is...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Tell Me It Isn't So.... Garrison Keiller Fired for Sexual Harrassment

Message 22 of 23

And the hits just keep on comin'.  Who's next?  MisterRogers?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Tell Me It Isn't So.... Garrison Keiller Fired for Sexual Harrassment

Message 23 of 23

Garrison Keillor, ex-host of ‘A Prairie Home Companion,’ fired after allegations of improper behavior

Garrison Keillor, who hosted the popular radio show “A Prairie Home Companion” for decades until his retirement last year, has been fired from Minnesota Public Radio after allegations of “inappropriate behavior,” MPR confirmed in a statement Wednesday.

“Minnesota Public Radio is terminating its contracts with Garrison Keillor and his private media companies after recently learning of allegations of his inappropriate behavior with an individual who worked with him,” the statement read.

Keillor had told the Associated Press earlier on Wednesday that he’d been fired over “a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard.”

MPR said it learned of the allegations last month, and that they “relate to Mr. Keillor’s conduct while he was responsible for the production of A Prairie Home Companion.”

Prairie Home Companion Creator Fired

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors