Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Tell Me It Isn't So.... Garrison Keiller Fired for Sexual Harrassment

Message 11 of 23

@mimi0000 wrote:

While reading these comments I thought of how I was treated by the variety of men I worked with when first stepping into a "man's job".  Granted that was in the dark ages of the seventies.  The group that treated me with the most respect was not the Lawyers, Bankers, Actors, Dancers,  Artists, Politicians, Stagehands, Musicians, Laborers, etc.  It was the  Mafia guys with whom I negotiated Union contracts; every single one of them over 15 years behaved like gentlemen.

Hmmm.... MIMIOOOO's post has a very good point.

Many considered "upper class" are not necessarily so in all respects.

Consider trump - there are probably prisoners serving life sentences with better ethical standards than liddle donnie...

Now that I'm retired, I find myself hanging out with more women than men - a result of my having supported women's rights, women's movements and minority rights groups and working against those who never supported the 99% (mostly degenerates who are trump supporters as well as being impediments to the advancement of society and the human race)

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 23

@jims730656 wrote:

And the hits just keep on comin'.  Who's next?  MisterRogers?

Well, Trump is long overdue!!!!!

This should have started at the top with Trump ...... a moron who stated that his celebrity status entitled him to grope women ..... AND THEN BRAG ABOUT IT!!!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 23

@Centristsin2010–Thanks Cent for posting this article!!  I knew about it but lack the IT knowledge to post it to this site.

Megan Kelly said it—“This is a sea change.”  

Since the beginning of time, women have been the “lesser”of the sexes. We have now been empowered. Men who feel they have the right to grab, squeeze, press, and worse are on notice.

RE: Mr. Rogers—If he has harassed or molested women  in the past or now, he just may be next.  And it willbe justified.

trump should be fired for the atrocities he has perpetrated on women, Moore shouldn't have a prayer. Today the House enacted a bill with regard to sexual behavior in the workplace. This is a training that large companies have mandated for years. 

No no one should care WHO it was who took advantage of women—if proven true, none have any place in government or in any professional position. 

With regard to this recent crop—including the scum in the Oval,  the evidence is clear.

For those foolish enough to ask “what proof?” I direct you to reality and credible news sites.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 23

While reading these comments I thought of how I was treated by the variety of men I worked with when first stepping into a "man's job".  Granted that was in the dark ages of the seventies.  The group that treated me with the most respect was not the Lawyers, Bankers, Actors, Dancers,  Artists, Politicians, Stagehands, Musicians, Laborers, etc.  It was the  Mafia guys with whom I negotiated Union contracts; every single one of them over 15 years behaved like gentlemen.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 23

While reading these comments I thought of how I was treated by variety of men I worked with from first stepping into a "man's job".  Granted that was in the dark ages of the seventies.  The group that treated me with the most respect was not the  Lawyers, Bankers, Actors, Dancers,  Artists, Politicians,  Stagehands, Musicians, Laborers, etc.  It was the  Mafia guys with whom I negotiated Union contracts; every single one of them over 15 years behaved like gentlemen.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 23

First, it was Anthony Weiner.

Now, it's everyone's weiner.

A sad commentary on today's society.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 23

@NerdyMom wrote:

I hope it’s not half of all men. I think it’s a minority of men who end up harassing a significantly large number of women. 

But who knows? Ugh!

I agree, and I don't think it's nearly 1/2 of men guilty of this.  Like Alferdpacker  I've seen plenty who are (I used to hang out in some pretty seedy bars) but still I have to say the majority of the men I've met have a great deal of respect for women and  treat them as equals and not lesser then themselves.  I know it used to be that way, but I believe we are, as a society, getting away from that.

I think part of it is our own Media and sites like Facebook where all we SEE are stories about people behaving badly in many different ways.  After a while it's easy to think something badly of people when we are inundated with negative stories like that.

The one bad guy who commits a crime makes the news, but the millions of people who DON'T commit that crime get no coverage at all.  Personally, I try at all times to remember that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 23

@NerdyMom wrote:

I hope it’s not half of all men. I think it’s a minority of men who end up harassing a significantly large number of women. 

But who knows? Ugh!

Not at all certain.

However, if I were female, I definitiely would not let about half the men I've met in my lifetime within touching distance based upon the kinds of things I've heard tham say in male to male coversations...

Yeah - that makes me a traitor to my xy genes.

Can't say that I care. 

My wife says that part of me is better than average in her opinion... 

I approve of and am content with me the way I am.

No more is necessary.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 23

But who knows? Ugh!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 23

USA Today and NPR itself are reporting this, so I assume there's some validity to it.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors