When it comes to your workout, there's a good reason not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Teen Taken into Custody with Toy Gun

Message 21 of 35

@nyadrn wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course you rarely agree with me.  I live in the real world, not one that's antiseptically clean.

Oh Tex  you have no idea how wrong you are : )   Why do you feel the need for labels.. or to accept that people simply have different opinions..   and we are all entitled to them.   
If this teen had been shot ..  well I think you know what the comments would be.

Apparently the police there in Ohio has learned a thing or two?  A well-trained cop or anyone who handles weapons needs to know when to shoot and when not to. 

As far as that 15 year old, I don't recall anything being said if he was threatening others. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course you rarely agree with me.  I live in the real world, not one that's antiseptically clean.

Oh Tex  you have no idea how wrong you are : )   Why do you feel the need for labels.. or to accept that people simply have different opinions..   and we are all entitled to them.   
If this teen had been shot ..  well I think you know what the comments would be.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 35

@BigLib wrote:

The man toting that gun at the Obama rally went home that night without being arrested. Assault rifles at a venue for the President? No problem. Kid obeys police orders and declares his gun is indeed a toy? Arrested. So let's get all outraged at the....... KID. And that's snark.

Hey, Tx, please don't condemn all of us Buckeyes. My daughter and I would love to come to Austin and visit Franklin's Barbeque!

Just those goody, goody types that isn't aware of what's going on in the real world.  Even my then 8 year old granddaughter gave me a lecture on how to handle even toy guns and how to tell them from the real thing.  Of course I've never handled a gun in my life!  I was proud that she was realistic. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 35

Gun toter at Obama rally says he didn't seek spotlight

The man who drew international attention by bringing an assault rifle to President Barack Obama's rally on Monday is a Phoenix resident with ties to several anti-government or Nativist groups.

Christopher Broughton

The man toting that gun at the Obama rally went home that night without being arrested. Assault rifles at a venue for the President? No problem. Kid obeys police orders and declares his gun is indeed a toy? Arrested. So let's get all outraged at the....... KID. And that's snark.

Hey, Tx, please don't condemn all of us Buckeyes. My daughter and I would love to come to Austin and visit Franklin's Barbeque!
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 35

@nyadrn wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

How many of us played with toy guns when we were kids?  That kid was killed because the police pulled up and shot without attempting to see what was going on.  They pick up a kid for playing with a toy gun yet grown men are walking around with AK-47's, AR15 carbines, etc slung over their shouldiers and getting away with it?  People in Ohio lost their minds?  You need to stay away from Texas and Western States.

Tx  I don't agree with you..   things are not the same today as they were in our youth.  Kids are dumb yes.. and the police brought this kid home to his parents..  who I hope will deal with his decision making skills..  I am pretty sure that if a man with an AK-47  was walking through this park and someone reported him, there would be an issue.  Perhaps the schools need yet another program to explain the danger (this is a snark). 

If anyone is to blame it is the NRA for their stand on guns.  Or perhaps even more so it is the manufacturers of toy guns.  I've seen toy guns [my grandchildren plays with them also] that are designed so as not to be mistaken. 

And as I posted, stay away from Texas and southwestern states where people sling AK-47s, AR15s, etc over their shoulders and carry them around.  I'd rather kids play with toy guns than grown-ups with real ones. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

How many of us played with toy guns when we were kids?  That kid was killed because the police pulled up and shot without attempting to see what was going on.  They pick up a kid for playing with a toy gun yet grown men are walking around with AK-47's, AR15 carbines, etc slung over their shouldiers and getting away with it?  People in Ohio lost their minds?  You need to stay away from Texas and Western States.

Tx  I don't agree with you..   things are not the same today as they were in our youth.  Kids are dumb yes.. and the police brought this kid home to his parents..  who I hope will deal with his decision making skills..  I am pretty sure that if a man with an AK-47  was walking through this park and someone reported him, there would be an issue.  Perhaps the schools need yet another program to explain the danger (this is a snark). 
Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 35

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I wonder if they decided to not gun him down like they did the 12 y.o. because of more "awareness".  Or, were they trained properly...

Well, apparently they were better trained. They didn't ride in like they were auditioning for "Rat Patrol". 

"When police arrived, they saw the teen walking through the park and ordered him to the ground. They asked him if he had a gun and he said that he had a BB gun."

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/teen-arrested-with-toy-gun-at-cleveland-park

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 35

@nyadrn wrote:

@afisher wrote:

So a kid, teenager?, has a toy gun and is outside playing with it - and is now charged with a crime.    How does that make any sense?    It is a crime for children to play with guns, but is there a movement to stop the toy manufacturer from producing that toy- that would cause the TPer's to go freaking nuts - instead these idiots are good with a kid getting a police record.

In a park with other kids...   looks like real gun    last kid that did that was shot and killed   

Do you at least think the parents might want to talk to this 15 year old ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 35

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/cleveland/2015/04/08/mercedes-cotner-park-altered-gun/25446623/

The kid will be charged with "facsimile of a firearm." Seems the only lesson to learn here is that dressing like Rambo, and carrying your arsenal for all to see, is the legally acceptable way to present yourself in this country. To heck with carrying fakies!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 35

@nyadrn wrote:

Teen taken into custody with toy gun

Posted: Apr 07, 2015 11:07 PM EDT

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 11:07 PM EDT

Updated: Apr 07, 2015 11:14 PM EDT Tuesday, April 7, 2015 11:14 PM EDT

•  

Toy gun confiscated from Cleveland teen (Source: CPPA President Steve Loomis)Toy gun confiscated from Cleveland teen (Source: CPPA President Steve Loomis)

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Cleveland Police took a 15-year-old into custody at a busy park after they say the teen was waving a toy gun around.

Steve Loomis with the Cleveland Police Patrolman's Association tells 19 Action News the teen was waving the toy gun Tuesday evening at Sunrise Pool in Mercedes Cotner Park near West 97th Street and Maywood.

Loomis says the park was busy with kids playing on the slides, swings and basketball court.

Loomis says the teen complied with police orders and was taken into custody without incident and released to his parents.

Police say the teen will be charged with facsimile of a firearm.

Copyright 2015 WOIO. All rights reserved.

http://www.wlox.com/story/28745634/teen-taken-into-custody-with-toy-gun

I wonder if they decided to not gun him down like they did the 12 y.o. because of more "awareness".  Or, were they trained properly...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views