Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Ted Cruz says Trump 'won't capitulate' over $5B demand, enough for 215 miles of border wall

Message 1 of 34

@jimc91 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
$5 billion would buy a lot of housing for homeless Vets wouldn't it? No wall period!!!

It's not just $5Billion - it's $5 Billion EVERY YEAR to operate and maintain the Gross Wall of Trump, according to the CBO analysis of lil donny's fantasy. Anyone voting for such an abomination while we have PTSD driving our Vets to suicide and no affordable higher education for our kids should be horsewhipped.

What are your thoughts on border security and how would you accomplish it?  

I think I have seen some posts from him on that. He would do it like you and I would follow the Senator from NY plan (Chuck) as we all agree with him. Now that does mean we oppose what Trump wants to do. Looks like we  have more people backing what you and I want.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Ted Cruz says Trump 'won't capitulate' over $5B demand, enough for 215 miles of border wall

Message 2 of 34

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
$5 billion would buy a lot of housing for homeless Vets wouldn't it? No wall period!!!

It's not just $5Billion - it's $5 Billion EVERY YEAR to operate and maintain the Gross Wall of Trump, according to the CBO analysis of lil donny's fantasy. Anyone voting for such an abomination while we have PTSD driving our Vets to suicide and no affordable higher education for our kids should be horsewhipped.

What are your thoughts on border security and how would you accomplish it?  

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 34

@Tom5678 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 34

@afisher wrote:

Poor TED, caught in the headlights and his followers don't seem to notice.    Donald has already caved, he cut the amount of funding in half.     

One can only marvel at the disconnect from reality by some.    Oh yeah, the negotiated amount was forwarded by Mulvaney 6 days ago.

I could suggest that some read more than their standard RW media - that way they could not  be as uninformed as they appear. if they are to be judged by their posts.  

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/12/24/trump-would-accept-less-money-for-border...

President Trump is negotiating from a position of strength and is in tune with the American people...

Chuck Schumer is having a disagreement with himself and really needs to pull himself together.

Come on Chuck 2018 let me introduce you to Chuck 2009 that has the correct position!!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 34

Poor TED, caught in the headlights and his followers don't seem to notice.    Donald has already caved, he cut the amount of funding in half.     

One can only marvel at the disconnect from reality by some.    Oh yeah, the negotiated amount was forwarded by Mulvaney 6 days ago.

I could suggest that some read more than their standard RW media - that way they could not  be as uninformed as they appear. if they are to be judged by their posts.  

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/12/24/trump-would-accept-less-money-for-border...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 34

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@rk9152  Visa program????  I guess you didn't quite understand my meaning....Jobs for the people who are already here, as in American????  

The subject is controlling immigration not finding jobs for Americans.

I understand it like this, the Republican's are okay with increasing the defense budget but they are not okay with any social program increases because that is just those "Libs" giving all the hard earned money that only a certain sector of people pay into???

Nothing to do with the border situation.

https://www.statisca.com/statistics/272473/us-military-spending-from-2000-2012/

Don't misunderstand me...I certainly know we have to have a military with proper utilities and respect how they stand up and serve our country in such trying times!  I too, have paid a price for this gift of people who step up to the plate.

Nothing to do with the border situation.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 34

@jimc91 wrote:

A fence is a usually wooden or metal structure that encloses a yard, pasture, or other area. ... The difference between a fence and a wall is that you can almost always see through a fence, at least to some degree, while a wall is solid.   fence - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't care what you call it.  It's a barrier.  

Airports have barrier's in order to funnel people to controlled access points.  with the right documentation access is allowed, without it you are turned away.  

Every country in the world has borders that require people respect the laws of the land.  We are a nation of laws and these laws for the first time in quite a few years are actually being enforced and we have people that do not approve.  My comment is; You need some self examination because you are a criminal.

Yes you are correct we are a nation of laws, and these laws have been enforced up to now. We have a President and people around him who have broken just about every law they have come in contact with, and your last comment I assume is directed at the people who enabled Trump to become President, and I agree with you. Lets hope all these law breakers are dealt with shortly so we can get back to being the great country we once were.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 34

@rk9152  Visa program????  I guess you didn't quite understand my meaning....Jobs for the people who are already here, as in American????  

I understand it like this, the Republican's are okay with increasing the defense budget but they are not okay with any social program increases because that is just those "Libs" giving all the hard earned money that only a certain sector of people pay into???

https://www.statisca.com/statistics/272473/us-military-spending-from-2000-2012/

Don't misunderstand me...I certainly know we have to have a military with proper utilities and respect how they stand up and serve our country in such trying times!  I too, have paid a price for this gift of people who step up to the plate.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 34

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@jimc91 Yes, you have a valid point. Our country does indeed need to revamp the whole system they fold everything into....Immigration Policy.  After all, all the internal "wars"...war on drugs....war against terrorism...war on crime...war on poverty and on and on will continue to divide us, spend our tax dollars on plans that have produced nothing but division, no?

Why wouldn't they determine it is time now to rethink and don't reinvent the wheel? Let's take a look at how the system is broken in the process of reviewing and proper timing for immigration into this country?  Like....more PEOPLE who will be employeed....who will process the applications....who will get a speedier court date because more Judges are in place????

We already have a visa program for people coming here to fill jobs that need filling. No doubt it needs updating but there is no need to revamp the entire system rather than fixing what we already have.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 34

@CriticalThinking wrote:

The symbolism of a wall is far more important to Trump and his Cult members than what's best for America.

The first part of that is true. It symbolizes a commitment to border security and our control over our immigration policy.

It is only one element of the total package of border security but the one the Dems have decided to dig their heels in over - after approving a fence showing it is just a partisan ploy.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors