Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Ted Cruz Chased From Restaurant

Message 21 of 66

Ted Cruz challenger raising record-breaking amounts of cash

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s Democratic challenger Beto O’Rourke raised more than $38 million in the third quarter — all from individual contributions — shattering the previous quarterly record for a Senate race.

“You just raised a record-breaking $38.1 million in three months. From 802,836 contributions. No PACs, no special interests, no corporations. All people, all the time, everywhere, every single day,” O’Rourke said.

O’Rourke, who campaigns on his refusal to take money from political action committees, came close to doubling the previous record of $22 million, set by Rick Lazio in his losing New York Senate race against Hillary Clinton in 2000.

Despite the record influx of cash, O’Rourke still trails Cruz by 8 points 51 percent to 43 percent.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/ted-cruz-challenger-raising-record-breaking-amounts-of-cash/

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 66

Susan Collins will win after her historic speech of fairness.I'm sure there will be the usual whining and crying after the blue wave fizzles and the red wave prevails November 6th. However Collins isn't due to run again until 2020 and if the Dems want to  waste their money on Susan Rice that is fine with the Republicans.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 66

After Backing Kavanaugh, Funding Platform to Unseat Susan Collins in 2020 Crashes From Traffic Surge

The fund had already surpassed its $2,000,000 goal:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/10/05/after-backing-kavanaugh-funding-platform-unseat-susan-c...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 66

Sen. Collins needed a security detail to get to her office. Sen. Heitkamp did not. Sorta defines politics of the Rs and the politics of the Ds.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 66

By that I mean 'playing it' for all it's worth, getting maximum mileage. Next day, Cruz was all over tv, social media, etc, talking about it and raising money because of it. 

I was just about to post those exact words -- "playing it for all it's worth".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 66

@MaVolta wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

Meanwhile, R's are really good at turning this thing around and playing the victim. It stirs the base as the videos go viral. 

Why "playing the victim"? Was there another victim involved?

By that I mean 'playing it' for all it's worth, getting maximum mileage. Next day, Cruz was all over tv, social media, etc, talking about it and raising money because of it. 

Well, we are taking politics and in politics it is standard to take the oppositions words or deeds to define them as different from you and (hopefully) in a way you think the voters will not like. And, let's face it, the Dems and the left in general are stuck with the image of all those mobs and individuals interfering with the free movement of government officials as well as regular citizens.

I suppose the protesters (and liberals in general) could make the case for those being victimized or fear being victimized by Trump-R policies. 

Citizens in general make those feelings know in the election booth.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 66

Independents that love Antifa, love high taxes, love unemployment (high), love loads of new regulations, love more illegal aliens, love crime in the big liberal cities, and the liberal chip on shoulder will be more than happy to vote Democrat!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 66

@jimc91 wrote:

The dems are driving the Independents to support the Red Wave coming in November 2018...

The LWNJ's actually think their behavior is attractive to Independent voters...  Go figure.

Don't hold your breath, Jim. As I's are mostly moderates / centrists, I don't think that they are attracted to either far left or far right. They may vote 3rd party if they have a choice. There are a few options springing up here and there that may appeal to I's. By 2020, who knows? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 66

The dems are driving the Independents to support the Red Wave coming in November 2018...

The LWNJ's actually think their behavior is attractive to Independent voters...  Go figure.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

Meanwhile, R's are really good at turning this thing around and playing the victim. It stirs the base as the videos go viral. 

Why "playing the victim"? Was there another victim involved?

I suppose the protesters (and liberals in general) could make the case for those being victimized or fear being victimized by Trump-R policies. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22