Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Ted Cruz Chased From Restaurant

Message 31 of 66

@MaVolta wrote:

Maher is right. He often criticizes his liberal friends, and usually catches flack for doing so. There is a line where one's right to protest ends, and someone's right 'to be' begins. It certainly doesn't serve to impress Independents. The D's need support from Independents, and Maher understands this. 

If Independents see only the far right and the far left, they might just call it a day and not vote.

Meanwhile, R's are really good at turning this thing around and playing the victim. It stirs the base as the videos go viral. 

Why "playing the victim"? Was there another victim involved?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 66

Maher is right. He often criticizes his liberal friends, and usually catches flack for doing so. There is a line where one's right to protest ends, and someone's right 'to be' begins. It certainly doesn't serve to impress Independents. The D's need support from Independents, and Maher understands this. 

If Independents see only the far right and the far left, they might just call it a day and not vote.

Meanwhile, R's are really good at turning this thing around and playing the victim. It stirs the base as the videos go viral. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 66

restaurant protests.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 66

@gordyfl wrote:

BILL MAHER, HBO HOST: Liberals must stop chasing conservatives out of restaurants. They have done it to Sarah Huckabee Sanders. They've done it to Kirstjen Nielsen. They've done it to Stephen Miller. And, last Monday, it happened again when Ted Cruz and his wife went out to dinner and were bombarded by a chant of, 'We believe survivors.' So I'm guessing the restaurant was Chipotle. 

But this is the new deal. Conservatives get to run America and we get to ruin their dinner.

And listen, I get it. Nobody wants to see Ted Cruz when they're eating... But we need to get people like Ted Cruz out of power, not out of restaurants. This is something Republicans understand way better than Democrats that real power isn't about making a scene or what makes you feel good.

And power? It's a lot like owning rabbits. The more you have the easier it is to get a lot more. Power begets power. 

Sadly this has become all to common. The "mob" approach rather than the electoral approach. It is in public (with the encouragement of Maxine Waters), in Congressional hearings, at the offices and homes of officials, at the workplace (as in the case of ICE), and even in elevators.

I suspect that Maher is trying to give the Dems some "friendly advise" as to how to succeed. Time will tell if they heed it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 66

BILL MAHER, HBO HOST: Liberals must stop chasing conservatives out of restaurants. They have done it to Sarah Huckabee Sanders. They've done it to Kirstjen Nielsen. They've done it to Stephen Miller. And, last Monday, it happened again when Ted Cruz and his wife went out to dinner and were bombarded by a chant of, 'We believe survivors.' So I'm guessing the restaurant was Chipotle. 

But this is the new deal. Conservatives get to run America and we get to ruin their dinner.

And listen, I get it. Nobody wants to see Ted Cruz when they're eating... But we need to get people like Ted Cruz out of power, not out of restaurants. This is something Republicans understand way better than Democrats that real power isn't about making a scene or what makes you feel good.

And power? It's a lot like owning rabbits. The more you have the easier it is to get a lot more. Power begets power. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Dems object to a sexual predator being seated on the SCOTUS, and we're "filled with hate".

A sexual predator is not being nominated to SCOTUS ....and there is zero evidence of that....

He doesn't have to prove anything, you and the left must prove he is!  Wrong again....I don't have to prove anything; neither does the left.  Sad that you don't understand that.

Sad that you don't understand that in this country, you are innocent until proved guilty, but I wouldn't expect a lefty to know that.

but the hate filled .....most hate sexual predators.  Don't you NOT? 

Yes I do, GREAT!  Good for you.  Not without proof. What proof do you need?  A blue dress?

A little more than a claim by a person who claims that 36 years ago she had something happen to her, and she doesn't remember what, and she doesn't remember the month day or year, but she thinks it happened. Give me a break. Does she deserve any degree of credibility?

Claims by the hateful left won't cut it. The left isn't attending the hearing.....what a bizzare (sic) perspective the hate-filled Conservatives have.

No but the left is instigating her to drum up this charge.

Why is the left so hate filled?  Oh, I don't know about you, but I hold great disdain for liars, racists, bigots, sexual predators, misogynists, homophobes, etc.  How about you, NOT?

You sound like the expert on your list. I would think I'm the only one reading your rants that is an expert on what I hold great disdain for.  Unless you prefer to tell me what I think which is usually wrong.

You probably are the only one reading YOUR rant because of the format you present yourself - every three words, a comment!

I personally don't know any. Those who live with their heads in the sand often make similar claims. Most can look at those around them objectively. 

If you take your head out of the sand, your thoughts will be much clearer.

Maybe, a few racist friends on the left. I didn't think your earlier comment was intellectually honest, I recall an earlier post where you claimed you had racist friends.

I don't make friends with racists yet the few friends I have that are liberal are the most racist. They won't go to a foreign doctor or black professional. My doctor (for what it's worth is Filipino). You can believe what you choose!

Bottom line for the hate filled left - you are not guilty of ANYTHING unless you are proved guilty. Not because some lefty pointed at you and said  - GUILTY!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Your rant did not answer my question...again...Its always the left that disrupt at restaurants. Have you ever heard of a group conservatives disrupting a meal?

Not a meal, but a nice day in Chalottesvile. Let's not forget a group of Conservatives that you and others supported disrupted the beautiful city of Chalottesville and MURDERED one and attempted to kill many others.

Please, disrupt my meal any day vs. running over people you don't even know and simply disagree with because they support human rights.

The perspective of some Conservatives is simply abhorrent.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 66
alferdpacker posted...

Have white conservatives been known recently to have called the police and complained of black people lawfully barbecuing/pickniking in a public park - or have white conservatives called the police and complained of black people lawfully swimming in a public pool after paying the entry fees - or - for instance - a white conservative calling the police and complaining that my born here in the USA grandson (of an adopted multiracial daughter) whose ancestry is as multiracial as his mother - might be unlawfully present in the country - (he was playing in a pickup basketball game in the public park, and none of the players had any objection)

White conservatives have been being racist butt-people far more than ever since Putin's operative has been disgracing the presidency and demeaning the once honorable White House...

=======================================

Your rant did not answer my question...again...Its always the left that disrupt at restaurants. Have you ever heard of a group conservatives disrupting a meal?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 66

alfredpacker,

As always well posted. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 66

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Dems object to a sexual predator being seated on the SCOTUS, and we're "filled with hate".

A sexual predator is not being nominated to SCOTUS ....and there is zero evidence of that....

He doesn't have to prove anything, you and the left must prove he is!  Wrong again....I don't have to prove anything; neither does the left.  Sad that you don't understand that.

but the hate filled .....most hate sexual predators.  Don't you NOT? 

Yes I do, GREAT!  Good for you.  Not without proof. What proof do you need?  A blue dress?  Claims by the hateful left won't cut it. The left isn't attending the hearing.....what a bizzare perspective the hate-filled Conservatives have.

Why is the left so hate filled?  Oh, I don't know about you, but I hold great disdain for liars, racists, bigots, sexual predators, misogynists, homophobes, etc.  How about you, NOT?

You sound like the expert on your list. I would think I'm the only one reading your rants that is an expert on what I hold great disdain for.  Unless you prefer to tell me what I think which is usually wrong. I personally don't know any. Those who live with their heads in the sand often make similiar claims. Most can look at those around them objectively. Maybe, a few racist friends on the left. I didn't think your earlier comment was intellectually honest, I recall an earlier post where you claimed you had racist friends.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors