Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Tear Gas Used on Caravan

Message 1 of 69

@gordyfl wrote:

How a photographer captured the image of a migrant mother and her children fleeing tear gas:

What sort of mother would put their children into a dangerous situation like this?  What was she doing up that close to the border wall?  Additionally carrying five children on such a long jouney and on foot?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 69

@afisher wrote:

Always interesting to watch the RWers attempt to distract from the topic at hand.    Perhaps it is because the original link appears to not work.    Here is a direct link:   https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2018/nov/26/us-officers-fire-tear-gas-at-migrant-caravan-vi...

The RW are screamin bloody "he**" and the actual number of people who were "charging" the border was 2 dozen.   hmmmm.   

We do know that US has hired disrupter's to cause havoc on the MX side of the border.    This sounds more like that than thousands rushing the border.     We also know that the MX leadership is due to change in DEC, so this threat to deport makes no sense.    

How do "we" know that the US hired disrupters??

The film showed a lot more than 2 dozen there.

If a person is not legally in a nation what about "deport" doesn't make sense?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 69

How a photographer captured the image of a migrant mother and her children fleeing tear gas:

Reuters photojournalist Kim Kyung-Hoon spots the woman, snaps a picture, capturing the look on the woman's face as she frantically tries to drag her two small children away from the gas as it spreads.
“I think my picture tells the story of what’s happening now,” the photographer told The Post.

Tokyo-based Kim has been a photojournalist for Reuters for more than 15 years.
He has been following the migrants since he arrived in Mexico City on Nov. 14.

He captured images of migrant children sitting inside a bus as they waited for some food in Culiacan, Mexico.
He followed migrants at a gas station in Navojoa, Mexico, where they bathed and waited in line for food.
The migrants arrived in Tijuana several days ago and had been camped out at a sports complex not far from the U.S. border.

A majority of the group gathered near the border peacefully, while thousands of others did not march and stayed at the sports complex.
But a scuffle broke out between Mexican police in riot gear and a couple of dozen protesters, with some running across a dry canal and others trying to cross through different entry points.
Kim recalled seeing two men try to dismantle the wire fence. U.S. officials say some threw rocks and bottles at border officers, who then fired tear gas to disperse the crowd.
Then Kim saw the woman as she started running from the smoke, holding her 5-year-old twin daughters with both hands.
Kim followed the family as they rushed back toward Tijuana, crossing a river and climbing up a concrete barrier. He said he felt the sting in his eyes and nose even with the mask on. When they got to the top, one of the twins began crying, her tiny face full of anguish as she held on to what looks like a small plastic ball. Kim said the girl was pointing toward her bare feet. She had just lost her slippers.
Reuters learned that the woman had left Honduras to reunite with her children’s father, who is in the United States, Kim said.

In an interview with Buzzfeed News, the woman said she and her children were standing near the fence when border agents fired tear gas at them. She said she didn’t try to cross and was only looking across the border.
“I was scared. I wanted to cry. That’s when I grabbed my daughters and ran,” she said. “I thought my kids were going to die with me because of the gas we inhaled.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/11/26/how-photographer-captured-image-migrant-mother-her-c...
++++++++

A migrant girl from Honduras, cries after fleeing tear gas

thrown by U.S. authorities:

immigrants crying.jpg

Agents fire tear gas towards migrants from the U.S.

side of the border fence:

immigrants agents tear gas.jpg

Reuters photographer Kim Kyung-Hoon works through

a cloud of tear gas:

immigrants tear gas running.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 69

@afisher wrote:

Always interesting to watch the RWers attempt to distract from the topic at hand.    Perhaps it is because the original link appears to not work.    Here is a direct link:   https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2018/nov/26/us-officers-fire-tear-gas-at-migrant-caravan-vi...

The RW are screamin bloody "he**" and the actual number of people who were "charging" the border was 2 dozen.   hmmmm.   

We do know that US has hired disrupter's to cause havoc on the MX side of the border.    This sounds more like that than thousands rushing the border.      

Only two dozen charging the border, yet Mexico is to deport up to 100 who charged the border?  And the U.S. has hired disrupter's to cause havoc on the Mexican side of the border?  How do 'we' know that?

Of course you have sources to back up your statements?  Or is this liberal 'fake news'?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 69

We do know that US has hired disrupter's to cause havoc on the MX side of the border.    This sounds more like that than thousands rushing the border.     We also know that the MX leadership is due to change in DEC, so this threat to deport makes no sense.    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 69

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Is this photo staged?  Or photoshopped?

Why are those in the background going calmly about their business? https://twitter.com/Lyn123D/status/1066886845726973952

Photo to tug at the heartstrings of American liberals?  Sorry, this doesn't come across as someone fleeing in terror.

My how hatred for Hillary has change some people's perceptions and partisanship.

Have a good evening

Which one in that staged photo-op was Hillary?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 69

@ChasKy53 wrote:

My how hatred for Hillary has change some people's perceptions and partisanship.

Have a good evening

What have my comments on this topic have to do with Hillary?   No doubt you have gone off-topic since I have not mentioned her in this topic.  Are you projecting?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 69

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Why are those in the background going calmly about their business? https://twitter.com/Lyn123D/status/1066886845726973952

Photo to tug at the heartstrings of American liberals?  Sorry, this doesn't come across as someone fleeing in terror.

Have a good evening

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 69

SO this 'mother' : - walked with kids for 2000 miles in 40 days - refused asylum from Mexico - is fully clothed with shoes, but kids aren't - deliberately placed her kids in danger - is the only woman I can see - is the only one 'panicking' And no one got her name?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 69

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

I would believe the statements of the CBP over that of someone who couldn't back up their fairy tale argument and wasn't there.

As I posted, I would accept the explanation of the Chief of the CBP in his video over someone intent on continuing an argument.  Have a good evening.

As I posted, I would accept the CBP admission to the timeline of events over someone throwing a hissy because no one buys their fairy tale argument. Have an undetermined period of undetermined enjoyment (thanks, Alferd!).

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors