Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Tax day protests?

Message 31 of 39

Do let us know how your protest works out... LOL!!!

Over 1000 seats lost in government  by the democrats over the past 8 years.  The democrats are so out if touch with the American people they have no idea of the things they don't know... 

Keep up the good work!

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 39
Incomes of $250,000 and more accounted for 2.7 % of the returns filled .. they paid 51.6% of the $1.4 trillion federal income tax..in 2014

Households with incomes below $25,000 paid 5.7 % of the total income tax collected by the federal government.

===================================================

Tax protest day should see the 2.7% that have to pay over 50% of our Federal Income tax protesting.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 39

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course, just one more march to disrupt things.

I have a proposal, whoever organizes these protests - purely in the interest of fair play - exclude members of the 47% who pay no income tax.

Sounds fair to me considering the subject of the protests.

I am up for your proposal as long as Trump releases his tax returns so we know he is not in the 47%. 

We are talking about two different things. One is you want the release of material that is private between a taxpayer and the IRS. I am referring to the mobs in the street and suggesting that one who does not pay income tax really has nothing to protest about with regards to anyone else's forms.

So, I guess you don't believe in free speech or the right to peacefully assemble.  Anything else in the Constitution you would like to do away with?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 39

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I have a proposal, whoever organizes these protests - purely in the interest of fair play - exclude members of the 47% who pay no income tax.

I am up for your proposal as long as Trump releases his tax returns so we know he is not in the 47%. 

We are talking about two different things. One is you want the release of material that is private between a taxpayer and the IRS. I am referring to the mobs in the street and suggesting that one who does not pay income tax really has nothing to protest about with regards to anyone else's forms.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 39

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 39

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 39
Rich posted..

We all know he won't but it gives one more point the GOP Congressmen have to explain in town halls.

=======================================================

"Tax day protests"

There are a lot of things to protest on tax day....thanks for bring that subject up.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 39

One group has conveniently set up 2 different avenues to protest:   One is the rallies and the other is a list of congresscritters that have voiced they would vote to destroy ACA.    (Rich see your private messages).

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Tax day protests?

Message 39 of 39

You may have heard some rumblings about "tax day protests". This is not going to be organized by a bunch of conservatives wearing sombreros with tea bags hanging down. There is a very real attempt to embarrass the president (turn about is fair play) by demanding that he release his tax returns on April 15th before the IRS can start an audit. Now, Trump promised many times he would release his tax returns after the audit. The IRS has consequently said Trump can release his tax returns any time and Trump continues to stick to his story.  So, crowds of protesters will be vigorously pointing out there is nothing preventing him from releasing his tax return BEFORE an audit starts. 

We all know he won't but it gives one more point the GOP Congressmen have to explain in town halls. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors