Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Tax Day Sad Reminder Trump Paid No Taxes

Message 21 of 42

@Olderscout66 wrote:

No civilization in history has survived by taxing rich and poor alike,

....and we don't. In fact 47% pay none. I thought everyone knew that.

and yet the GOPerLords continue to push for a "fair flat-tax" as if such a thing might exist.

I have not heard of any such push lately, yet in the past there have been reasonable proposals using those terms - if one were to look at the details.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 42

@mickstuder wrote:

Tax Day 2019 is the perfect day to make the case for increasing taxes on the rich

Today is the last day to file your 2018 taxes. Here's why millionaires and billionaires like Warren Buffet often pay less than the middle class.

It’s tax day in America — the day when millions of people across the country finally stop procrastinating and find out how much money the federal government owes them. Or worse, how much they owe the federal government. This year’s deadline has been met with a great deal of anxiety due to President Donald Trump’s tax cuts, which have decreased the average refund for filers. Indeed, according to the IRS, tax refunds are down $6 billion compared to 2018.

Adding insult to injury is the fact that the people who benefitted the most from Trump’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 are the people who don’t need an extra boost.

While enraging, this outcome is really just part of a broader truth: The top 0.1 percent of Americans own almost as much as the bottom 90 percent combined, and the gap between these groups is widening with each passing day. Virtually all of the benefits of our growing economy have gone to those at the top, while most American families have experienced stagnating wages and rising costs of living.

The rich continue to get richer, but for most Americans, things aren’t any better than they were 30 years ago.

These levels of inequality are dangerous and destabilizing — it’s no coincidence that the last time wealth in America was so concentrated was immediately before the Great Depression.

Luckily, there’s a simple solution, one that the overwhelming majority of Americans already support.

Tax the rich.

To be clear, all we propose is make sure that the wealthiest in our country pay their fair share — which does not happen now and is one of the primary reasons why wealth inequality has continued to deepen. Think of the tax code as a fundamental building block of our economy, one of the few that the federal government has direct control over. By raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans (including on one of the authors of this op-ed) we can start to reverse decades of growing inequality and reshape our economy into one that works for everyone, not just a wealthy few.

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/tax-day-perfect-day-make-case-increasing-taxes-rich-ncna994591

No civilization in history has survived by taxing rich and poor alike, and yet the GOPerLords continue to push for a "fair flat-tax" as if such a thing might exist.

All the maoning and growning about RAISING taxes comes from the parasites at the top. The US did very nicely when over half the population was exempted from paying ANY Federal Income tax, it worked to finance the Civil War, WWI and WWII and was keeping our National Debt "insignificant" until Reagan decided to exempt the rich from paying and shifting the burden to the Middle Class.

Please do not start the childish rant about how many dollars the rich contribute - that amount is the LOWEST portion of their total income it has ever been while the share of income contributed by the bottom 90% is the HIGHEST.

NOTHING IS A BURDEN UNTIL YOU GIVE SOMETHING UP TO BEAR IT.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 42

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The correct headline is...

Tax Day 2019 is the perfect day to make the case for increasing taxes on the rich
Today is the last day to file your 2018 taxes. Here's why millionaires and billionaires like Warren Buffet often pay less than the middle class.

Mick states as a fact "Tax Day Sad Reminder Trump Paid No Taxes ".

Mick would you be so kind as to back that up if you can? If not it's just another made up thread for the purpose of???

Honestly ............. can you not actually research anything for yourself?  Oh, I forgot, you rely of FOX Fake News Network to lie to you.

Since your client has claimed knowledge generally not available to the public (what another paid or did not pay), do you have any substantiate on the topic or will you rest on the childish "oh I forgot" and the usual go-to response - something about Fox.

Speaking of researching anything - may I ask, how did you research the President's tax information?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 42

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mick posted..

Can you offer any Proof that my Statement is Incorrect

See thats the way it works - I make a Statement and if you can prove it's wrong - then I correct or retract my Statement

Otherwise without any Evidence to the Contrary - My Statement is Correct

==================================================

Sorry, that you do not understand or want to understand the way it works. I will be glad to help you out with YOUR PROBLEM.

When you make a statement as fact like "Trump Paid No Taxes " its up to YOU to prove that the statement is true....you could not! You posted it you own it.

If you could prove MIckstuder wrong, you would have, but you can't. Did you read the article Mickstuder provided?  If trump would release his tax returns it would prove it to be true, that's exactly why he won't release them.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 42

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The correct headline is...

Mick states as a fact "Tax Day Sad Reminder Trump Paid No Taxes ".

Mick would you be so kind as to back that up if you can? If not it's just another made up thread for the purpose of???

Honestly ............. can you not actually research anything for yourself?  Oh, I forgot, you rely of FOX Fake News Network to lie to you.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 42

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I posted..

Again..When you make a statement as fact like "Trump Paid No Taxes " its up to YOU to prove that the statement is true....you could not! You posted it you own it.

Mick posted...

Ok - I'll Play

Trump Paid No Taxes For Any of The Last Ten Years

There is nothing to prove

===================================

All I have seen what he paid or if he did not pay is what is known to people that can be reasonable is a unknown.

If you can prove this unknown please do so. If you can not it will show that you, again have posted a link that is just not true.

Look...... the US Congress has subpoenaed Trumps Tax Records Because They Realize How Much Money Trump is Hauling in from Trump Hotel in Washington & his Mar a Lago Country  Club in Florida

That alone is illegal because of a US Constitutional Provision called the Emoluments Clause

Tax Evasion is Also illegal

I had to pay over $500 on my Taxes

Trump paid nothing

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 42

I posted..

Again..When you make a statement as fact like "Trump Paid No Taxes " its up to YOU to prove that the statement is true....you could not! You posted it you own it.

Mick posted...

Ok - I'll Play

Trump Paid No Taxes For Any of The Last Ten Years

There is nothing to prove

===================================

All I have seen what he paid or if he did not pay is what is known to people that can be reasonable is a unknown.

If you can prove this unknown please do so. If you can not it will show that you, again have posted a link that is just not true.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 42

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder  wrote

Today is the last day to file your 2018 taxes

Actually it is not the last day to file your 2018 taxes - many people file Form 4868 and that gives them an additional 6-months to file.  This is especially true of people with complicated returns or if some aspect of reporting hasn't been completed by them or some entity hasn't completed the necessary filings and issuance for the individuals return.

You only need to estimate what might be 85% of what could be owed on this extension form.

Actually it's my understanding that you are required to "File" your intent to ask for a Extension by midnight tonight - therefore - you've Technically Filed Your Taxes by today

While Many people use all kinds of Techniques to delay the actual payment or receipt of monies - everyone is required to file their tax intentions by the end of business today

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 42

@mickstuder  wrote

Today is the last day to file your 2018 taxes

Actually it is not the last day to file your 2018 taxes - many people file Form 4868 and that gives them an additional 6-months to file.  This is especially true of people with complicated returns or if some aspect of reporting hasn't been completed by them or some entity hasn't completed the necessary filings and issuance for the individuals return.

You only need to estimate what might be 85% of what could be owed on this extension form.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 42

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

In that colorful clutter there were two points of interest:

1 - the topic. How could you possibly know that, mick???

2 - " By raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans (including on one of the authors of this op-ed) we can start to reverse decades of growing inequality and reshape our economy into one that works for everyone, not just a wealthy few." How does raising the taxes on those already paying taxes positively effect those not paying any???

Here is the Game you Folks Play

You Talk About - Tax Rates

Lets Instead Talk About - Actual Taxes Collected From - Individual A in a Criminal Indictment

In 1995 Trump Told Fortune Magazine that he was a Billionaire

In 1995 Trump also Filed a Tax Return that said he had Claimed a 916 Million $$ Loss

That Loss Would have Allowed Trump to defer paying any Income Taxes for up to 18 years

Yet he was Still a Billionaire - Owned Millions in Real Estate - Planes - 400 Different Companies

Still Lived & Traveled the World in Style - Purchased Expensive Gifts for Multiple Different Woman

Paid No Taxes

So lets talk Real Life and talk about whether the IRS Tax Brackets have any Relationship to the Reality of what the Wealthy Actually Pay on a Day Like Today

Once again -how could you possibly know the content of the President's tax return?
And, how would raising the taxes of the high tax payers possibly effect those not paying any taxes?
Try to deal with that instead of being concerned with businessman Trump's  travels and planes.

Good Points

For Example - How Do I Know Trump Is Not Guilty of Conspiracy Against The USA or Obstruction of Justice?

How Could I Possibly Know?

I have questioned the existence of proof about "Russian collusion" and you have not provided it. On the other hand you stated as fact that the President paid not taxes - without any proof.
"Prove a negative" is a very childish game.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors