Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: TRUMP the AFFORDABLE CARE ACT and CORONAVIRUS

Message 1 of 11

@Richva wrote:

I agree. Unfortunately, other countries have done far better in ramping up production of test kits. We had them, but they did not work. 

It was on a news report that WHO had developed test kits early on. Other countries, including South Korea, got them immediately. The US did not. And now we know the rest of the story. CDC was too slow to react in getting their own kits developed, and the first ones out were faulty. 

It's interesting that Trump banned travel from Europe, except for the UK. In the UK, doctors are also complaining that there are not enough test kits available, and not enough testing is being done to contain the spread of the disease.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-uk-test-boris-johnson-pandemic-outbreak-new-ca...

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 11

@Richva 

New test kits are appearing, supply chain still slow! Based on State distribution available.

Gawd, how I'd like a CDC that hadn't been cut in half, by fearless leader, failed businessman Trump, like he did in 2018.

Before today and WHO announcement of pandemic of Covid in 116 out of 195 Countries in world, he wanted every Covid discussed only by Top Secret clearances.

No factual numbers of confirmed cases or dead or cured, at the moment 1% are recovering.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 11

@Frozenoem wrote:

Believe your right, daily warnings on news of how to be tested. You must give warning and not merely appear. To separate flu sufferers from Corona, then it's merely a swab up the nose and inside cheeks, to happiness or quarantine.

So, hospital might be ready test kits are still relatively far and few between, in rural settings.

Froze

I agree. Unfortunately, other countries have done far better in ramping up production of test kits. We had them, but they did not work. 

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 11

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Nothing that Trump does is good enough for liberals.  If liberals want to stay home and sulk, just do that.  Trump cannot make you not catch Corona and neither can Bernie or Joe.

Yes, IMPOTUS cannot make me not catch the virus, but neither can he minimize how many cases there really are or fudge the numbers by keeping a cruise ship from docking or tell me I can get tested if I want when I CANNOT.  As a matter of fact, the CDC is recommending I, and most of the rest of us, DO stay at home!   No, the BS emanating from this pathetic president is NOT good enough. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 11

NOTHAPPENING wrote  Nothing that Trump does is good enough for liberals. If liberals want to stay home and sulk, just do that. Trump cannot make you not catch Corona and neither can Bernie or Joe.

TRUE enough....fair enough.    Nothing TRUMP does is ever good enough.    

COVID-19 started in Wuhan City, China, in December 2019......this is mid-March and there aren't enough testing kits....yada yada yada ...and hasn't reached it's peak yet.   

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 11

@NOTHAPPENING 
lessee my lord Trump has decided to cut CDC budget by 1.4> Billion dollars as of yesterday.

had to find a link-

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-administration-isn-t-backing-proposed-cuts-cdc-budget...?

And today the WHO has decided to declare a pandemic with COVID.

http://click1.email.thehill.com/eqdpjvdlqrrfcvcrftbqqfppqdfwrdrkkhqlvzwpssspr_ndrqrdjqpnqdjfkttryr.h...?

To hopefully give all countries a kick in the slats, to take this seriously, like T and the GOP perhaps.

https://icao.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer3d/index.html?

1016 confirmed cases of Covid in US. With deaths holding at 31.

So what did T/GOP do with the money taken from CDC, why they're subsidizing shale extraction, really bright Boi's.

There might be a good reasons why libs, progressives and dare I say it some Conservatives are a tad irritated with his majesty's reaction to Coronavirus.

The following link is updated mostly by the minute, through the joys of data scraping, and prefer it to CDC site which only is updated between the hours of 8-4 M -F.

https://ncov2019.live/data

@Roxanna35 

Believe your right, daily warnings on news of how to be tested. You must give warning and not merely appear. To separate flu sufferers from Corona, then it's merely a swab up the nose and inside cheeks, to happiness or quarantine.

So, hospital might be ready test kits are still relatively far and few between, in rural settings.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 11

Nothing that Trump does is good enough for liberals.  If liberals want to stay home and sulk, just do that.  Trump cannot make you not catch Corona and neither can Bernie or Joe.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 11

trump and pence are the worst people in our Country to lead the effort to combat this virus. For starters, where are all of the tests that they say everyone can have, millions have been sent!?

It certainly looks like the first step on the road to prevention and precautions is to be tested to determine if you have the virus or are contagious...

Where are the test kits, where and how can you get tested, and what is the cost or coverage?

Give Us good information and don't keep lying to Us!...Now! Later will be too late to keep the virus from spreading. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 11

I saw all of that, also that eventually Quest labs and Labcore will be the ones that can administer testing. but I do believe that you have to be sent by your doctor. If we are all careful we may be able to avoid this disaster.  

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 11

Just FYI . . . Does everyone here get email updates from Medicare?

Medicare covers related needs

• Medicare covers the lab tests for COVID-19. You pay no out-of-pocket costs .
  • Medicare covers all medically necessary hospitalizations. This includes if you're diagnosed with COVID-19 and might otherwise have been discharged from the hospital after an inpatient stay, but instead you need to stay in the hospital under quarantine.
  • At this time, there's no vaccine for COVID-19. However, if one becomes available, it will be covered by all Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (Part D).
  • If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, you have access to these same benefits. Medicare allows these plans to waive cost-sharing for COVID-19 lab tests. Many plans offer additional telehealth benefits beyond the ones described below. Check with your plan about your coverage and costs.

https://www.medicare.gov/medicare-coronavirus?utm_campaign=20200310_gmd_prv_gal&utm_content=english&...

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, August 6 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Answering Your Most Frequent Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors