Today, 1 in 7 Seniors Live in Poverty -- AARP Foundation is Fighting to End Senior Poverty. Read More.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: TRUMP TO FACE LEADERS HE'S RAILED AGAINST

Message 1 of 18
just one so far..where he got booed. Ill read the rest later.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content

Message 2 of 18
https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-ship-of-fools
if you cant handle naughty, dont click.
So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 18

Anyone see his speech? Seems it was well received and I thought quite reasonable.

Message 4 of 18

Loulit wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Loulit wrote:

rk1952 wrote:

Of course he is. He is an American first but he is not an isolationist.

You sound very sure of that. How do you know? I don't know he's not an isolationist. It's possible he doesn't know whether or not he's an isolationist. His command of history (and geography, and grammar) ain't all that great.

He is not retreating from the world, he is actively engaging with it but from the perspective of what is best for America.

So, any aging snowflakes who are embarrassed by his Presidency will just have to find a llama to pet for the next seven years.

Well, let's see... The White House asked the Guggenheim for the loan of a van Gogh.  The museum had a better idea:

The curator's alternative: an 18-karat, fully functioning, solid gold toilet — an interactive work titled “America” that critics have described as pointed satire aimed at the excess of wealth in this country.

For a year, the Guggenheim had exhibited “America” — the creation of contemporary artist Maurizio Cattelan — in a public restroom on the museum's fifth floor for visitors to use.

But the exhibit was over and the toilet was available “should the President and First Lady have any interest in installing it in the White House,” Spector wrote in an email obtained by The Washington Post.

Who's embarrassed now?

An entirely appropriate addition to the golden toilet titled America, would be photorealistic reproductions of Ship of Fools and Allegory of Gluttony and Lust by Jheronimus van Aken (Hieronymouus Bosch) displayed immediately above - an accurate and unmistakable illustration of what the rest of the world thinks of the abomination that is demeaning and debasing the formerly honorable Office of the Presidency.

The lack of quality of character of the Lemontop Liar was clearly understood over 500 years earlier...

Melania didn't go because she had just been very publicly revealed as a cuckquean, and was unwilling to face people wearing that opprpbrious - but accurate - moniker...

Have pity for Melania - she hasn't yet got rid of that ugly fat.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 18

phyllisc6781 wrote:

Tuesday trump was on full display for this  event.

Too bad the real trump is the ignorant one who comes out on Thursdays and who is not reading  the words of others much more intelligent than he.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

His reception over there really breaks your heart, doesn't it?

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 18

Tuesday trump was on full display for this  event.

Too bad the real trump is the ignorant one who comes out on Thursdays and who is not reading  the words of others much more intelligent than he.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 18

Loulit wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Loulit wrote:

rk1952 wrote:

You sound very sure of that. How do you know? I don't know he's not an isolationist. It's possible he doesn't know whether or not he's an isolationist. His command of history (and geography, and grammar) ain't all that great.

He is not retreating from the world, he is actively engaging with it but from the perspective of what is best for America.

So, any aging snowflakes who are embarrassed by his Presidency will just have to find a llama to pet for the next seven years.

Well, let's see... The White House asked the Guggenheim for the loan of a van Gogh.  The museum had a better idea:

The curator's alternative: an 18-karat, fully functioning, solid gold toilet — an interactive work titled “America” that critics have described as pointed satire aimed at the excess of wealth in this country.

For a year, the Guggenheim had exhibited “America” — the creation of contemporary artist Maurizio Cattelan — in a public restroom on the museum's fifth floor for visitors to use.

But the exhibit was over and the toilet was available “should the President and First Lady have any interest in installing it in the White House,” Spector wrote in an email obtained by The Washington Post.

Who's embarrassed now?

The Guggenheim, if they have any sense of decency.

Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 18

rk9152 wrote:

Loulit wrote:

rk1952 wrote:

Who's embarrassed now?

Hate has no home here.

Message 9 of 18

rk9152 wrote:

Loulit wrote:

rk1952 wrote:

I always thought snowflakes were those who lived in a world completely protected from outside information and values. Would that not be Trump?

I see even Canada is joining the TPP and the other TPP countries are moving ahead isolating us. I see S and N Korea are working together with the assistance of China. I see our trade deals are going bi lateral instead of multi lateral so everything we do is just a bit different than the rest of the world's standards. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 18

Loulit wrote:

rk1952 wrote: