Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP TO DISMANTLE SOCIAL SECURITY

Message 31 of 43

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Less than 24% of the voter base elected Trump ...................... that is hardly "the American people".

--

Guess who is President and who is not?  He is the constitionally elected President representing the will of the American people.  And guess who is out taking walks in the woods?

Nope, he is representing the will of less than 24% of eligible voters. (and actually many who voted for him are now in disagreement with many things that Trump is doing)

And who is following who around ?

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 43

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Less than 24% of the voter base elected Trump ...................... that is hardly "the American people".

--

Guess who is President and who is not?  He is the constitionally elected President representing the will of the American people.  And guess who is out taking walks in the woods?

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 43

@jimc91 wrote:

Keep up the good work democrats... The American People are likely to help you grow your loss during the next election unless you toss your manipulative playbook and get back in touch with the American people.  Food for thought.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 43

@easyed598 wrote:

Trump has repeatedly said he isn`t cutting Social Security for anyone who is on it now and will limit cutting any changes to present plan. If you are 10 years away from collecting SS and depending on that for your only income you could be affected. Many large companies still offer pensions but there are 401-Ks and Ira`s that allow to save for retirements. No one disagrees that SS is going broke and needs to be fixed. I personally believe that private retirement  accounts are the way to go but realize that many people don`t have the discipline to save for their own retirement. Private accounts are also good because  they are always yours and won`t be confisicated by the government  from your heirs if you happen to die. 

The 'I've got mine, no cuts for me .................. but cuts for the younger folks is OK' attitude just don't cut it with me. (yes, I have been on SS for over two years now)   SS doesn't need cuts ............. it needs funding.  Raise the cap to $250K.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 43

@easyed598 wrote:

Trump has repeatedly said he isn`t cutting Social Security for anyone who is on it now and will limit cutting any changes to present plan. If you are 10 years away from collecting SS and depending on that for your only income you could be affected. Many large companies still offer pensions but there are 401-Ks and Ira`s that allow to save for retirements. No one disagrees that SS is going broke and needs to be fixed. I personally believe that private retirement  accounts are the way to go but realize that many people don`t have the discipline to save for their own retirement. Private accounts are also good because  they are always yours and won`t be confisicated by the government  from your heirs if you happen to die. 

The OLD Democrat playbook is still in circulation...

The dems always try this "scare tactic" when they lose an election.

That's just one of many reasons they have lost over 1000 seats in government over the past 8 years.

Keep up the good work democrats... The American People are likely to help you grow your loss during the next election unless you toss your manipulative playbook and get back in touch with the American people.  Food for thought.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 43

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 43

SocialSecurityWorks.org    Petition for SS vs. Trump gutting it.

and On Facebook as well.

* Last time I checked as soon to be retiring older adults (gag), I was allowed to post similar link , before.

If I don't reappear, I was wrong.

Spread it around, FB friends, email.

52+ years working I'd kinda like SS, Medicare and Medicaid when I'm older, hairless and in the home. Don't plan on having a billion or getting the GOP tax break, when I'm ready to go or taken.

Frozen

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 43

Nerdymom-Research your reps. Learn where they stand-call the ones who support this as often as possible. Share this info with your co-workers and friends-- encourage them call as oftdn as they can.  Start a petition-have a copy of this "plan" nearby, get everyone to sign!

Keep yourself, family, friends, co-workers motivated! We need to take back this country from the Republicans before there is nothing left. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 43

This better not be true.  Grrrr...

I'm 50.  I don't plan to retire until I'm 70, if my health holds out.  But by all calculations, I will need $1.5 million cash, in addition to Social Security and the little pension I already have.  

Cut my Social Security and I'll be in trouble.  How many others will be as well?  It's been part of my financial planning since my first job.   I can't go back to age 20 and plan all over again.   And I'm actually in better shape than most Americans my age.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 43

AFISHER--I went to this website and got a message that it didn't exist.  I did find a petition at moveon.org 

While i am not surprised to hear this, as we have known that Trump wanted to guy Social Security, I am sure that the delusionals on the other side of this issue will deny, deny, deny.  Wonder how they will explain it when one day their SS check doesn't arrive.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors