Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP TO CUT 400 BILLION FROM MEDICARE

Message 1 of 9

@mandm84 wrote:

The reporting is in: Donald Trump & Paul Ryan’s tax bill is a scam to transfer a massive amount of wealth from the middle class into the pockets of the super-rich. It eliminates the estate tax, allowing Ivanka, Eric, and Don Jr. to pay no taxes when they inherit their father’s estate. It has enormous, permanent tax cuts for corporations. And to go along with it, they plan to increase taxes on the middle class, people with disabilities, and seniors with disablilites. And now, the Congressional Budget Office has determined that, if the Republicans don’t offset the lost revenue from their tax scam, it will trigger automatic Medicare cuts of $400 billion over the next decade.

Paul Ryan would like nothing more than automatic cuts to Medicare. And the tax scam gives him a vehicle for that. That’s why we need to fight them with everything we’ve got.

We call this a tax scam because it’s nothing more than Trumpcare in reverse. A massive handout to the 1% through the tax code, tens of millions of Americans losing access to health insurance, and massive cuts to Medicare.

They are rushing this bill through as quickly as possible, just like they tried to do with Trumpcare. We stopped them then and we can stop them again.

This is our moment. We can beat them if we stand together. 

Michael Phelan
Social Security Works

socialsecurityworks.org

@Every day #45Grifters work to destroy our health, our livelihood, our lives, our futures. Stealing our Social Security and Medicare.  @GOP own this mess. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

TRUMP TO CUT 400 BILLION FROM MEDICARE

And another promise broken by Trump .... his promise to protect Medicare!

Add that to a list of broken promises including his promise to protect Medicaid ..... and then cutting one trillion dollars from it!

Trump's promise to make Mexico pay for his asinine wall ..... and then demanding Congress to fund it!

Trump's promise to go after pharmaceuticals for exorbitant pricing and then caving in to them!

Trump's promise to provide the best health care and then supporting the removal of health care from 30 million Americans!

The list goes on ....

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

The reporting is in: Donald Trump & Paul Ryan’s tax bill is a scam to transfer a massive amount of wealth from the middle class into the pockets of the super-rich. It eliminates the estate tax, allowing Ivanka, Eric, and Don Jr. to pay no taxes when they inherit their father’s estate. It has enormous, permanent tax cuts for corporations. And to go along with it, they plan to increase taxes on the middle class, people with disabilities, and seniors with disablilites. And now, the Congressional Budget Office has determined that, if the Republicans don’t offset the lost revenue from their tax scam, it will trigger automatic Medicare cuts of $400 billion over the next decade.

Paul Ryan would like nothing more than automatic cuts to Medicare. And the tax scam gives him a vehicle for that. That’s why we need to fight them with everything we’ve got.

We call this a tax scam because it’s nothing more than Trumpcare in reverse. A massive handout to the 1% through the tax code, tens of millions of Americans losing access to health insurance, and massive cuts to Medicare.

They are rushing this bill through as quickly as possible, just like they tried to do with Trumpcare. We stopped them then and we can stop them again.

Michael Phelan
Social Security Works

socialsecurityworks.org

What exactly gets cut in Medicare?

400 BILLION DOLLARS OF FUNDING!

Programs, coverage, tests, limits????

Ask your Republicans ..... they're doing the cutting!

If I remember correctly, Obama took $750 Billion from Medicare funds to fund Obamacare

NO FUNDS WERE EVER TAKEN FROM MEDICARE FUNDS TO FUND OBAMACARE!!!!!

and said that because of all the fraud he was catching, no Medicare cuts would be needed.

President Obama NEVER said any such thing!

If Obamacare ends, even more funds should become available since that program is gone.

Wrong again!

If Obamacare ends, the life of Medicare would end 11 years earlier as provisions in Obamacare extended Medicare's life by 11 years!

Instead of generalities that make for good gossip, point out the exact programs that are cut and please provide a reference link.

It's the "Medicare program" that will be cut.

You're barking up the wrong tree NOTHAPPENING.

If you want to know exactly how YOUR  Republicans plan to implement their disgusting cut, ask them as they are the people who are doing the cut!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

And we need to start making calls to your Congress Person, Representative, and Senate to put a stop to this quickly.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

NH said for the 50th time, "If I remember correctly, Obama took $750 Billion from Medicare funds to fund Obamacare ...."  No, you do not remember correctly. This story's been debunked numerous times. The ACA found a way to save $750 billion in Medicare expenses over I beleive a 10 year period. They never took any money or benefits away from Medicare recipients.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Fake news NOTHAPPENING - Obama never took funds out of our Medicare !!!

You must get your " news " from Faux ???

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

@mandm84 wrote:

Michael Phelan
Social Security Works

socialsecurityworks.org

What exactly gets cut in Medicare? Programs, coverage, tests, limits????

If I remember correctly, Obama took $750 Billion from Medicare funds to fund Obamacare and said that because of all the fraud he was catching, no Medicare cuts would be needed. If Obamacare ends, even more funds should become available since that program is gone.

Instead of generalities that make for good gossip, point out the exact programs that are cut and please provide a reference link.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

I have and continue to work for a long time.  I have paid out of each check social security and medicare payments.  Why do the Republicans think they have the right to raid those funds just so they can give businesses and the wealthy tax cuts?  All this is a repeat of the trickle down economics that President Reagan tried and if my memory serves me correctly, it didn't do what it was supposed to do.  Do these guys really think lowering taxes on business will increase jobs or salaries?  I saw something on CSpan yesterday, a forum hosted by the WSJ and when the CO's of the companies were asked if they would hire more people and increase salaries, hardly anyone in the room raised their hands.  We live in a greedy society where the almighty dollar speaks louder than anything else.  These guys won't put the money into jobs, salaries or their businesses.  I currently work for a retail company that has stores all over.  When I received my first raise from them, the amount was $.37. I almost laughed in their faces.  Raiding the Medicare coffers to do this is a crime and if this bill passes, we are all on the road down hill.  It is bad enough I don't recognize this country anymore.  This is not the country I was born into and always felt good about being an American. We are not moving forward, this Congress and this President are we are moving us backwards.  I do have a suggestion.  These congressmen and senators all are rich.  If they want their jobs do badly, let them work for free or let's take the money out of their salaries if they want to pass this tax bill.  They wouldn't like it one bit.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 9 of 9

Michael Phelan
Social Security Works

socialsecurityworks.org

Kudos
Views
Replies