Explore your flexible work options with AARP's Flexible Work Online Expo from 2-5 p.m. ET Tuesday! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP STATED ON TV HE'D SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT IF IF IF

Message 11 of 29
@ jim c said : I disagree, I see the President working to keep America safe.

I want our Country safe, but let him pay for the wall since his promise of Mexico went down the tube. He made the promise to the American people, but he did not promise to take it out of our taxes.

NOT ONCE. did he say we had to foot the bill, NOT ONCE. !!

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 29
@KidBoy2 said: Shame on Trump for wanting to keep our country safe!

Shame on Trump for lying AGAIN. During his campaigns he said again, again, again, and again, MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL. How many times did he say MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL?. What a complete joke, he can't make another President of a Country pay for a wall because he says so, what a complete fool he made of himself.

Shame on him for lying today about 10 bad guys just getting thru, he had nothing to back that up.

Shame on him now WANTING THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY PAY FOR THE WALL. If you had any brains you knew from day one we'd foot that bill., right out of our taxes.

That being said, I want my Country safe, but not built on a lie. Not built by my taxes when he said it was going to be Mexico just to get votes.

If he wants the wall that bad, he's loaded let him pay for it. ****************
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

He stated he'd shut down the Government and be Proud to do it.

How can you be proud? 

Chuck Schumer had INDIVIDUAL-1 licking his boots.

He made INDIVIDUAL-1 repeat 3-4 times that he would shut down the government, which would cause all sorts of ramifications, if he doesn't get his WALL MONEY.

INDIVIDUAL -1 looked like a fool.

Then INDIVIDUAL-1 tried to belittle Pelosi and she too, made him look like a fool.

Schumer did agree that we need border security. The President promised the wall in the campaign. The President said (in effect), "We agree we need it, I promised it - fine, I'll accept responsibility for doing what it takes".

Seems good to me.

Trump had made false statements all along about the wall. Trump is nothing but a liar. He said he will take full responsibility for shutting down the government when he does. That's probably a lie too, he will try and blame the Democrats.

I said - 

Schumer did agree that we need border security. The President promised the wall in the campaign. The President said (in effect), "We agree we need it, I promised it - fine, I'll accept responsibility for doing what it takes".

Seems good to me.

Do you have any problem with that?

Border security and the wall are two different things we can have border security without a stupid wall. 

Like I said, trump is probably lying when he says he will take responsibility for the shutdown if he does it. He will blame it on the Democrats if they don't give him the wall.

Screw the wall, let him shut it down.  Let trump and his dumb supporters whine and howl at the moon, blaming it on the Democrats (or Obama or Hillary).

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 29

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

Once again  The Big Bully who can''t get money from Mexico like he promised is going to punish the Ameican People FOR THE WALL.  

How can you be proud? Merry Christmas everyone. As alwasy he blames the Democrats,  who made an offer he refused. It has to be his way, his amount, or a shut down. 

I really am glad I didn't vote for him, and CAN NOT wait until one way or another he is put out of office.  

You go Mueller**************

I'm not getting punished if he shuts down the Government.  Are you?  Government workers will get some vacation time while the government is closed, they will still get paid, government will not get to waste extra dollars, and then the government will reopen and nobody will notice the difference except Democrats.

So the it's OK if trump shuts down the government but if Obama had done that or if the Democrats do it the Right would be whining and howling at the moon?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 29

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Conservatives love Trump's promises and the gumption he has to stick to his promises. Build the wall and shut down the government.

What happened to the promise that Mexico would pay for it?  Oops, that 'gumption' went down the toilet, didn't it?

But hold up, I thought that most of the wall was already built.  At least, that is what Celebrity President keeps saying.

Tweet by @realDonaldTrump:

People do not yet realize how much of the Wall, including really effective renovation, has already been built. If the Democrats do not give us the votes to secure our Country, the Military will build the remaining sections of the Wall. They know how important it is!

Oh wait, that's what all those Pinocchios are for!  *slapping head having a 'Duh' moment*

But not to worry, CP assures that the military will finish the wall.  I guess since "they know how important it is", that they will volunteer their time, since well... you know... a pesky little government shutdown is looming.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

How can you be proud? 

He made INDIVIDUAL-1 repeat 3-4 times that he would shut down the government, which would cause all sorts of ramifications, if he doesn't get his WALL MONEY.

Then INDIVIDUAL-1 tried to belittle Pelosi and she too, made him look like a fool.

Seems good to me.

Trump had made false statements all along about the wall. Trump is nothing but a liar. He said he will take full responsibility for shutting down the government when he does. That's probably a lie too, he will try and blame the Democrats.

I said - 

Seems good to me.

Does rk9152 support trump in - as "TRUMP STATED ON TV HE'D SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT IF IF IF?

What's rk9152's answer?    Is it yes, or is it no?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 29

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

How can you be proud? 

Seems good to me.

I said - 

Seems good to me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

How can you be proud? 

Seems good to me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 29

@afisher wrote:

Apparently the RW is buying the story that the border is dangerous.   I suppose that they believe that there are all sorts of bad people sneaking into the US.    ALARM RINGS....  oh what wait, what, that was all a dream.   Yep, sorry RW, DHS refused to agree with Donald - perhaps that is why he is firing people - they will not longer lie for him.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday cited the recent apprehension of ten suspected terrorists to bolster his case for building a wall along the southern border, implying that a porous border with Mexico is leaving the country vulnerable to national security threats.

But the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees security and law enforcement at U.S. borders and ports of entry, was unable to provide data to directly substantiate that claim.

DHS would only say that it apprehended, on average, ten “known or suspect[ed] terrorists” per day who attempted to enter the country “by air, sea, or land” from October 2017 through September 2018.

oopsie!   

Oh my and sigh, I am amused - who said dangerous? I believe the term is porous. Is that a good thing?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 29

@afisher wrote:

Oh my, the RW seem to believe that no one is harmed if US shuts down.    That is the true indicator of the ignorance / dystopia...if I am not affected that I don't care who is harmed. 

They must all believe it happens automatically...one has to wonder if the plebes are running around attempting to find the plans that President Obama's Administration developed because of the shutdown that GOP forced back then.   

Oh my and sigh - who do you expect to get hurt??

Kudos
Views