Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP STATED ON TV HE'D SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT IF IF IF

Message 1 of 29

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

In the past Schumer, Hillary, Obama - just to name three - have agreed with what the President is now saying. It is a shame to see partisanship get in the way of border security.

The three you mentioned have never agreed to trump's "wall".  Only the ignorant agree with trump's wall.

There was the "Secure Fence Act of 2006" which Hillary, Obama, Schumer and 23 other Dems voted for.

If you want to talk about "the ignorant" you might want to consider what arguing the semantics on that might be,

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 29

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

He stated he'd shut down the Government and be Proud to do it.

How can you be proud? 

Chuck Schumer had INDIVIDUAL-1 licking his boots.

He made INDIVIDUAL-1 repeat 3-4 times that he would shut down the government, which would cause all sorts of ramifications, if he doesn't get his WALL MONEY.

INDIVIDUAL -1 looked like a fool.

Then INDIVIDUAL-1 tried to belittle Pelosi and she too, made him look like a fool.

Schumer did agree that we need border security. The President promised the wall in the campaign. The President said (in effect), "We agree we need it, I promised it - fine, I'll accept responsibility for doing what it takes".

Seems good to me.

Trump had made false statements all along about the wall. Trump is nothing but a liar. He said he will take full responsibility for shutting down the government when he does. That's probably a lie too, he will try and blame the Democrats.

Aren't Democrats responsible for Trump shutting down the government because they don't want secure borders, they want additional crime pouring in, and they want more drugs in the blue cities?  Will Chucky Schumer have the guts to make Trump shut the government (which no one will notice except Democrats)?

Note to liberals: A wall is a logical tool to use for border control - not the only tool.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 29

@KidBoy2 said: Shame on Trump for wanting to keep our country safe!

Shame on Trump for lying AGAIN. During his campaigns he said again, again, again, and again, MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL. How many times did he say MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL?. What a complete joke, he can't make another President of a Country pay for a wall because he says so, what a complete fool he made of himself.

Shame on him for lying today about 10 bad guys just getting thru, he had nothing to back that up.

Shame on him now WANTING THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY PAY FOR THE WALL. If you had any brains you knew from day one we'd foot that bill., right out of our taxes.

That being said, I want my Country safe, but not built on a lie. Not built by my taxes when he said it was going to be Mexico just to get votes.

If he wants the wall that bad, he's loaded let him pay for it. ****************
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !

============================================================

Gee. a politician made a promise that was not made and you sound like that is a FIRST.....were have you been? Were?

I want our country safe...build the wall.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

In the past Schumer, Hillary, Obama - just to name three - have agreed with what the President is now saying. It is a shame to see partisanship get in the way of border security.

The three you mentioned have never agreed to trump's "wall".  Only the ignorant agree with trump's wall.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 29

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@KidBoy2said: Shame on Trump for wanting to keep our country safe!

Shame on Trump for lying AGAIN. During his campaigns he said again, again, again, and again, MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL. How many times did he say MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL?. What a complete joke, he can't make another President of a Country pay for a wall because he says so, what a complete fool he made of himself.

Shame on him for lying today about 10 bad guys just getting thru, he had nothing to back that up.

Shame on him now WANTING THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY PAY FOR THE WALL. If you had any brains you knew from day one we'd foot that bill., right out of our taxes.

That being said, I want my Country safe, but not built on a lie. Not built by my taxes when he said it was going to be Mexico just to get votes.

It is true - to date he has been unable to get Mexico to pay for our border security.

But think about it - is it not our responsibility and is it not something more important to accomplish than to politicize the payment?

So making trump keep his word is to "politicize the payment"?  How bizzare ! 

Most Americans don't want a useless wall, get used to it.

I would say that most if not all Americans don't want a useless wall. However, we are talking about a wall as one element of total package of border security tools.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 29

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Funny you talk about "the experts to figure out how to accomplish it" when all of the "experts" say that a wall is stupid and won't work. Build a wall on the southern border......... then, because people will go around the wall and come in through the Gulf, we can "build a wall" on our gulf coasts. When people start coming in on our East and West coasts, we can build walls on those coasts.  Heck, then we can build a wall on our Canadian border. Then trump can turn us into  one of those "feces-hole country" that he talks about.

Certainly in our highly politicized environment you can find an "expert" to say anything. The important thing is to understand that the wall is not THE solution - it is only one element in the total picture.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

It is true - to date he has been unable to get Mexico to pay for our border security.

But think about it - is it not our responsibility and is it not something more important to accomplish than to politicize the payment?

So making trump keep his word is to "politicize the payment"?  How bizzare ! 

Most Americans don't want a useless wall, get used to it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 29

@angeleyes64 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

How can you be proud? 

He made INDIVIDUAL-1 repeat 3-4 times that he would shut down the government, which would cause all sorts of ramifications, if he doesn't get his WALL MONEY.

Then INDIVIDUAL-1 tried to belittle Pelosi and she too, made him look like a fool.

Schumer did agree that we need border security. The President promised the wall in the campaign. The President said (in effect), "We agree we need it, I promised it - fine, I'll accept responsibility for doing what it takes".

Seems good to me.

Trump had made false statements all along about the wall. Trump is nothing but a liar. He said he will take full responsibility for shutting down the government when he does. That's probably a lie too, he will try and blame the Democrats.

I said - 

Seems good to me.

Do you have any problem with that?

Border security and the wall are two different things we can have border security without a stupid wall. 

Like I said, trump is probably lying when he says he will take responsibility for the shutdown if he does it. He will blame it on the Democrats if they don't give him the wall.

Screw the wall, let him shut it down.  Let trump and his dumb supporters whine and howl at the moon, blaming it on the Democrats (or Obama or Hillary).

There is much in your first statement. Border security is a political commitment while the wall is only one of many elements in accomplishing it. There are places where human intervention is the way to go. There are others where a wall can be better. The main thing is agreement on the commitment and then leave it up to the experts to figure out how to accomplish it.

And then you went off to your crystal ball and mind reading

Funny you talk about "the experts to figure out how to accomplish it" when all of the "experts" say that a wall is stupid and won't work. Build a wall on the southern border......... then, because people will go around the wall and come in through the Gulf, we can "build a wall" on our gulf coasts. When people start coming in on our East and West coasts, we can build walls on those coasts.  Heck, then we can build a wall on our Canadian border. Then trump can turn us into  one of those "feces-hole country" that he talks about.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 29

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

How can you be proud? 

Seems good to me.

I said - 

Seems good to me.

Do you have any problem with that?

Border security and the wall are two different things we can have border security without a stupid wall. 

Like I said, trump is probably lying when he says he will take responsibility for the shutdown if he does it. He will blame it on the Democrats if they don't give him the wall.

Screw the wall, let him shut it down.  Let trump and his dumb supporters whine and howl at the moon, blaming it on the Democrats (or Obama or Hillary).

There is much in your first statement. Border security is a political commitment while the wall is only one of many elements in accomplishing it. There are places where human intervention is the way to go. There are others where a wall can be better. The main thing is agreement on the commitment and then leave it up to the experts to figure out how to accomplish it.

And then you went off to your crystal ball and mind reading.

Kudos
Views