TRUMP'S TROJAN HORSE

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP'S TROJAN HORSE

Message 11 of 37

@mandm84 wrote:

Thanks myexper. Anyone who isn't concerned about Social Security are either bamboozled or wealthy enough to not need it and don't care about those who do need it to survive with dignity. We should have each other's back in these times of far right plutocratic proposals being stuffed down our throats.

I don't know who those "far right plutocrats" are that some obsess over but I suspect that they are probably related to those hated 1%ers. As such, does anyone really think they are concerned about how much SS they are going to get or the SS they pay out annually? This is nothing but the usual class warfare and class hatred.

BTW - FDR never instituted SS so people could "survive with dignity". Mere survival was the concern at that time. SS is not a plan by which one retires to a senior community on Miami Beach.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 37

Thanks myexper. Anyone who isn't concerned about Social Security are either bamboozled or wealthy enough to not need it and don't care about those who do need it to survive with dignity. We should have each other's back in these times of far right plutocratic proposals being stuffed down our throats.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 37

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Thanks again and again  Hillary Haters for this fine mess you got our Senior's and Disabled into !!!

--

Not exactly on the topic, but where does posters get the 'Hillary Haters' label? 

From Bernie supporters who wanted to cut off their nose to spite their face Tex.

Couldn't the same be said about those dosn't support the President as "Trump Haters"? 

Nope!

The label 'Hillary Hater' comes across as those who are poor losers when their candidate was the loser.

Nope .... it comes across as "when the shoe fits ...... "

And what mess are we in? 

Please watch the news on something other than FOX News!

There has been talk about social security and medicare long before Trump was elected, in fact I would believe back when Obama was running for President or thereabouts.

Yup ..... Your Republicans have been talking about killing Social Security and Medicare ever since their introduction Tex!

Have to ask if you've lost part of your social security if you are drawing it.  If you are then you shouldn't be affected. 

Famous last words ..... SHOULDN'T.

And Trump's ill thought out plan clearly suggests otherwise Tex!

Why are you so concerned as to post so many new topics on the same subject? 

Perhaps because Social Security affects ALL seniors Tex.  And those seniors should be aware of WHO wants to do WHAT with their Social Security.

And on different forums? 

That's where "different" seniors are Tex!

The better question would be ....... Why do you want seniors to be unaware of what Trump has in mind to attack seniors' Social Security?

No one else seems that concerned.

Posts herein "seem" to suggest otherwise Tex!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 37

@pc6063 wrote:

Afisher!! Dah dah!!! BAM!!

--

Have to ask since you indicate that you are probably a retired teacher.  Did you retire under social security or teacher's retirement.  My wife is also associated with a school district and comes under TRS as most in that capacity does.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 37

@mandm84 wrote:

Thanks again and again  Hillary Haters for this fine mess you got our Senior's and Disabled into !!!

--

Not exactly on the topic, but where does posters get the 'Hillary Haters' label?  Couldn't the same be said about those dosn't support the President as "Trump Haters"?  The label 'Hillary Hater' comes across as those who are poor losers when their candidate was the loser.

And what mess are we in?  There has been talk about social security and medicare long before Trump was elected, in fact I would believe back when Obama was running for President or thereabouts.

Have to ask if you've lost part of your social security if you are drawing it.  If you are then you shouldn't be affected.  Why are you so concerned as to post so many new topics on the same subject?  And on different forums?  No one else seems that concerned.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 37

Clinton promised to strengthen and preserve S.S. as we know it. I didn't like everything about Clinton either , but I knew she would NOT do anything to hurt our Senior's or Disabled and in fact would have strengthened S.S. I wanted Bernie Sanders , but I knew Clinton was alot closer to Bernie than any other choice I was offered.

It's pretty silly to state there hasn't been any cuts to S.S. this early Tex , but the attack is being planned behind closed doors by our Billionaire CEO's , Paul Ryan and Trump.  Just sit back , deny and feel the cuts to S.S. and Medicare , IF the Republicans get there way.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 37

@mandm84 wrote:

So many Hillary Haters Bamboozled !

--

What does that have to do with your topic?  And how does one determine whether one is a "Hillary Hater".   Just because they didn't fall in line with the crowd and support her?

And when was yours, or anyone's social security cut in half?  Mine wasn't.  My wife's social security was reduced because since being under the Teacher's Retirement System there is the offset law.  And guess which party was President when that law was passed?  Jimmy Carter, a democrat. 

If she had been in the corporate world, any pension wouldn't affect her social security.  There are blinders here when it comes to the actions of Democrats.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 37

Afisher!! Dah dah!!! BAM!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 37

Well okey dokey- some seem to say that this discussion is all liberal talk and none of that is really going to happen.    Here is an article from FOX Business - AND, yes AND it provides a KISS explanation of the much talked about CPI change as well.       http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2016/12/31/7-ways-gop-proposed-social-security-changes-could-impa...

Well of course you are welcome.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 37

We are a much bigger and more complicated country than New Zealand and Australia. There are so many minor adjustments that can be made to preserve S.S. and giving business owners another Tax Cut isnt what the majority of S.S. recipients are concerned with. Many polls show most want S.S. strengthened , not dismantled.

Everyone who counts on S.S. to survive with dignity should be very concerned right about now , with the far right Plutocrats in charge.

We are the wealthiest Nation on the planet , but we can't afford to take care of our Senior's and Disabled ? Poppycock !!!

Should'nt the very people who count on Social Security have a say , instead of a cabinet full of Multi - Millionaires and Billionaires ?

This is our money that we invested and  planned on having to " Survive with Dignity ". One of our greatest President's brought this program into our lives to do just that.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors