Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP'S TROJAN HORSE

Message 1 of 37

@mandm84 wrote:

@Gail

I have repeated several times what I think would strengthen and preserve S.S.

With all due respect , IMHO your views are so far right and plutocratic in nature that attempting to discuss issues as important as S.S., to so many struggling Senior's and Disabled , would be like a Senator Bernie Sanders and HHS SecretaryTom Price sit down and we all know how far that has gotten.

You have your priorities and concerns and I have mine. We are two different Worlds apart. Best Wishes for yours.

You do a lot of information posting on the subject and I would like to know your opinion of Rep. Larsens proposal which has been put into a bill.  The Social Security 2100 Act.

You have promoted it via your copy and paste postings.  So I assume you know what is in it and why it is good or bad in your opinion.  

If you had read any of the replies which I made to that particular subject thread, not too long ago, I said it WASN'T a bad plan and said why.

His plan is minimal but it hits the big stuff but not some of the other things which are said to be a problem but have to be changed by legislation. 

I think ink we should put Rep. Larsen and Rep Johnson in a locked room and not let them come out until they reach an agreement on what will met the financial goal for the long term and fixing things that need to be fixed.

That is if we are going to stay with the payroll tax funding mechanism - there, the number of workers supporting a beneficiary is problematic.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 37

@Gail

I have repeated several times what I think would strengthen and preserve S.S.

With all due respect , IMHO your views are so far right and plutocratic in nature that attempting to discuss issues as important as S.S., to so many struggling Senior's and Disabled , would be like a Senator Bernie Sanders and HHS SecretaryTom Price sit down and we all know how far that has gotten.

You have your priorities and concerns and I have mine. We are two different Worlds apart. Best Wishes for yours.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 37

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@byrondennis wrote:

It's OK to be concerned but screen scraping the same stuff (basically a very undefined AP story) under 15 different headlines is a little odd. 

-- My opinion for one to get answers is to post it in a forum where one could get answers and support instead of a political environment where it's more politics. And flooding the site with the same topic is counter-productive. Actually the moderators should move topics to the proper forum.

TxGrandpa

Yep, I'm agreeing with you.

And I'm adding to that the "flooding" is all with the same fake news. The Moderators should do something about all the fake news screenscraped in entirety (isn't that against copyright laws?) from Salon, Huffpo, MSNBC, Vox, The Guardian, CNN, Common Dreams, Social Security Works, PBS, NPR, etc. also. Of course if they did that you'd have to shut down this board

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 37

Ya know what's really sad? Trump probably hasn't lost any sleep over the horrendous and stupid things HE has done!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 37

Who's calling the kettle black ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 37

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Creppleman said, "Trump has gone against nearly every campaign promise he has made so far. "

Can you imagine what we would have heard from the Obama Haters if he broke almost every campaign promise he made? Yet the Trump lovers are incapable of uttering one word of concern against their new, orange haired hero repeatedly breaking campaign promises.

I suspect that President Trump will not lose any sleep over the lack of Mr. Creppleman's approval. I know it doesn't bother me.

I wonder if Mr. Creppleman is really so naive that he is not aware of the differences between what a candidate wants to do and what a President can do. Or possibly he is just one more member of the media who sees his job as destroying the Presidency of Donald Trump.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 37

Creppleman said, "Trump has gone against nearly every campaign promise he has made so far. "

Can you imagine what we would have heard from the Obama Haters if he broke almost every campaign promise he made? Yet the Trump lovers are incapable of uttering one word of concern against their new, orange haired hero repeatedly breaking campaign promises.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 37

Creppelrm- Trump's  behavior very much reminds me of the very troubled bipolar teenage boys I once taught.

You hit the nail on the head with that one!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 37

Trump has gone against nearly every campaign promise he has made so far.  He acts on instinct rather than reason.  Or maybe he acts from the last person he has talked to.  Bannon is getting the back seat now because of Trump being influenced by the leader of China or any other person who knows tons more than what he does.  I knew kids who acted that way but not the leader of the free world.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 37

@mandm84

The subject is still SS reform -

what do you think of Rep. Larsen's proposal - The Social Security 2100 Act?

You started a thread on it not too long ago.

Do you think people who have their benefits reduced because of the Windfall Elimination Provision need to have their benefits figured in some other way?

(that's in Johnson's plan )

Do you like the (over) $400,000 income level for added contributions - ok by you that they receive an added benefit amount for these new contributions?

The increase in the payroll tax happens over such a long time and is such a small amount, I doubt that anyone would even miss it.

Just want to know what you think -

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors