Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP'S TRADE WAR

Message 1 of 8
I think they realize Trump is pathological, they just don't care, that's the problem.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

TRUMP'S TRADE WAR

Message 2 of 8

Trump is doing what he does everyday, he continues to LIE.  Trump said China wants to negotiate, so the dummies in the stock market fell for his story again. As of 10:15 AM, the DOW is up around 250 points. Two days from now, Trump will raise the tariffs, and the same dummies who are buying today, will sell everything. 

This story repeats itself almost every week. Trump says there's a pending trade deal with China and the dummy investors believe him, so the market soars. Then we find out there is no trade deal and the market plummets. When are they going to realize Trump is a pathological liar who only cares about himself?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

As he has gone and lost at the G7, we also know that he has lied about the facts that China contacted him to "negotiate" the tariffs.    That has been called out as a flat out lie by China.    Who to believe, the guy who has lied over 10K times.   NOPE!     

He is just stringing along his followers and will tell them sort term pain, ie losing your land / farm is a short term loss, so suck it up.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

As I am listening/watching the evening news, President Trump was asked if he has second thoughts on trade "war" with China and his answer was yes. Of course the White House has to fix that statement with the second thought of raising tariffs even higher! Wow, I am quite amused that when a President  of one the most influential countries in the world (USA) decided he is going to "war", do you think they should have learned how to have a solid plan after the whole Iraq disaster? War is war....one would think he would have held a conference/summit here in the US with the corporations that work out of China on the whole industries that are based in China to come to the US to do business here and save our economy?!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

ToadPOTUS is so abysmally stupid he continues to tell his even dumber base "China is paying the Tariffs".

For Trumpettes who can read:

A TARIFF is collected on good and services imported into the USA.

It is paid by the one doing the importing, and when its comin in to America, it means an American importer is paying.

The American can either reduce his PROFITS, or pass the tariff on to his customers.

Being a good Capitalist, the cost will be passed on to the customers and the final purchaser, also an American, will pay a higher price for the good - at least enough to cover the tariff, but more likely somewhat more as the importer must now cover the cost of filing the paperwork with the US Government to make the payment.

Here's the fun part: Now that the Chinese goods cost more when sold in American stores, all the other producers of those goods can raise their prices as well, which means virtually all your consumer purchases now cost more, thanks entirely to donny's stupidity via the tariffs that stupidity caused him to impose.

If some Trumpette can show an instance where the Chinese Government has actually paid a tariff to our Government, please share your news of this amazing event.

So far, the average American consumer has shelled out about $1,000.00 MORE than they would've paid for their purchases than they would have paid without donny's infantile tariffs. That's $200 MORE than the Trump taxscam gave the bottom 90%.

That additional cost is a much greater percentage of disposable income for the bottom 90% than the top 10% simply because the bottom 90% has a much lower savings rate, meaning they spend all they earn, so virtually ALL their purchases are being made to cost more.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Nil:   This is the bingo that many of donald supporters seem to forget and which donald ignores:

we are no longer little villages doting the globe but instead, are linked through the internet in a global way. We best get used to it because it's not going to go away.

Donald is playing a zero-sum game so he does not give 2 hoots about who is harmed as long as it is not him.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

To be honest there are several of our acting president's actions that I take issue with, one of them being his handling of the trade war with China. I do get it China has taken advantage of us for some time now. What we don't want to own up to is we have given them the opportunity to do so. It needs to be addressed. Maybe in part, these tariffs are a vehicle They only get us there the destination is to talk, negotiate, and come to a solution. It is inevitable there must be a compromise. Instead of a conversation, he is yelling National Emergency. I can not really say for certain as I have not researched it completely yet, but the provision he is wanting to use is unfounded.

If I might add in closing. The tariffs have been in place long enough to bear fruit, showing some bit of consequence. Trump is claiming all this money he is collecting from China, but what he is failing to mention the bottom line is the increase China has to pay is passed on to the consumer. Who are the consumers? The American taxpayer. And let us not forget the farmers. They are getting beat up bad with this thing. I guess the corn farmers were feeling left out of the EPA granted over a thousand additional waivers for these oil refineries. What do these waivers do you might ask? I did when I first heard about it. It reduces the amount of ethanol the refineries have to use in their process. Saving them money. Ethanol comes from corn.

I think the number one thing we are not getting here. Newton summed it up in one of his Laws of Physic:  For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction. You know we are no longer little villages doting the globe but instead, are linked through the internet in a global way. We best get used to it because it's not going to go away.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

TRUMP'S TRADE WAR

Message 8 of 8

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-disastrous-trade-war-wont-090000608.html

And he said Trade Wars are easy , for who ? China