Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 24

@k397840k wrote:

You can define tyrant as such, but I view your definition as hatred toward Trump.  When Obummer said how will Trump bring back industries and jobs?  Does he have a magic wand?  Ya know what it is:  A SPINE.  Something Obummer is lacking.

Again, arguing with emotions and not facts.  How did you interpret what I posted to be about Trump?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 24

@k397840k wrote:

You can define tyrant as such, but I view your definition as hatred toward Trump.  When Obummer said how will Trump bring back industries and jobs?  Does he have a magic wand?  Ya know what it is:  A SPINE.  Something Obummer is lacking.

Why does the definition of a tyrant bring trump into your mind?  

I see your use of the word "Obummer" as hatred towards Obama, a two-term president.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 24

@sp362 wrote:

@k397840k wrote:

Tyranny equals the Muslim radical Islamists responsible for the deaths of nearly 3,000 ppl and yet you focus on Trump.  Unbelievable.

No that is extremism:

The definition of extremist : "a person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, especially one who resorts to or advocates extreme action."

The definition of a tyrant:

"A tyrant  in the modern English usage of the word, is an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or person, or one who has usurped legitimate sovereignty. Often described as a cruel character, a tyrant defends their position by oppressive means, tending to control almost everything in the state.

The extreme right often get definitions mixed up and more often make up their own. Thank you for the correction.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 24

@k397840k wrote:

GET OVER IT as Glen Fry says-- just how do you know what Trump was feeling or thinking-- what he said was America will not stand for tyranny--and that was what 9/11 was all about, wasn't it?

We may have stumbled on the secret of Der Trumper's success - his supporters don't know the meaning of the words he uses either, so they cheer because he hates the same people they do.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 24

@nctarheel wrote:

There has been NO WIDESPREAD LOOTING; in fact, I can't find any media stories alluding to WIDESPREAD LOOTING at all.

That's cold, dude.

Now you know what it feels to be on the receiving end of your posts about Texas and plain to see they were directed at one person.  We went through the same situation last year, even worse,  and many lost everything including us, but the derogatory posts continued.  And we had no looting, just people helping people.  Just pointing out that each state has its good points and bad points

Remember it rains on the just and the unjust.  North Carolina isn't exempt from any of the things you have posted about us.  Have a good day.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 24

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 24

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

NCTarheel, what does that looting after a disaster have to say about your state? 

@TxGrandpa2,

Although your comment above has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the subject of this thread, I am glad you posted it anyway.

Let's look at some figures:

Over 11 dead

Over 900,000 were without power

Multiple communities cut off by floodwaters

Interstates closed due to floodwaters

Hundreds, if not thousands, of homes destroyed

And what do you have time to write about??????? The 5 people arrested for looting in a state of over 10,000,000 people where almost the entire state was affected by one storm.

I am, in fact, pretty proud of how the citizens of NC acted so far in this storm. They followed the instructions of the emergency management departments and most stayed home, that could. There has been NO WIDESPREAD LOOTING; in fact, I can't find any media stories alluding to WIDESPREAD LOOTING at all.

Your animus toward me is so palpable that you have to go SO FAR OFF TOPIC in order to post what you posted.

It is a shame that you did go SO FAR OFF TOPIC because it makes it absolutely clear that your comment was meant as a personal attack and nothing else.

That's cold, dude.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 24

Anyone needing more proof that the Orange Toad is also a total psychopath has traded reality for the Republibubble.

To even mention the destruction of the twin towers "MADE MY TOWER THE TALLEST" in private would be an example of his total lack of compassion, but he did it in the most public way possible - no one with the slightest understanding of human emotion would do that. On the plus side, last poll I saw put Dems up 14 %  among likely voters, and taking over 25 seats seems a shoe-in IF PROGRESSIVES SHOW UP AND VOTE.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 24

@fangoh45 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

I found another thread where everybody is arguing about whether Trump pumped his fist in a positive or negative manner, whether his words at the Pennsylvania site were genuine, and whether Trump had feelings at all.

HE MADE HIS HEARTFELT FEELINGS CLEAR WITH HIS FIRST TWEET OF THE DAY ON SEPTEMBER 11TH:

"We have found nothing to show collusion between President Trump and Russia, absolutely zero, but every day we get more documentation showing collusion between the FBI and DOJ, the Hillary campaign, foreign spies, and Russians... Incredible"

Why, INCREDIBLE, yes it is, folks.

It is incredible that on a day of solemn reflection, the leader of the FREE WORLD chooses to discuss HIMSELF rather than REMEMBER THE 3,000 THAT DIED THAT DAY.

Worse yet, the information in his FIRST TWEET OF THE DAY came from a fringe media outlet with bogus credentials.

A little while later he did make his HEARTFELT FEELINGS known with this tweet:

"17 years since September 11th!"

It almost sounds like he was CELEBRATING the event rather than HONORING THE DEAD.

And he very well may have been celebrating the event because, in 2011, in an interview with WWOR, he made the statement that HIS TOWER, once the TWIN TOWERS CAME DOWN was now the tallest tower in lower Manhattan....... that it had been second until the demise of the WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS.

THAT IS HIS HEARTFELT FEELINGS FOR SURE............ 3000 DEAD AND THAT MADE HIM #1 AGAIN!!!!!!

Speaking of time better spent on a solemn day(S),  we have a great catastrophe in our Carolinas. Sadly, this has afforded the criminal opportunists to loot homes and businesses in the stricken areas. How despicable.Perhaps the locals could stop what they’re doing and act as neighborhood watch operatives to report this widespread problem to law enforcement.

Unfortunately, certainly giving the Carolinas a bad name.

NCTarheel, what does that looting after a disaster have to say about your state?  After your many posts about another state?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 24

@fangoh45 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@k397840k wrote:

Tyranny equals the Muslim radical Islamists responsible for the deaths of nearly 3,000 ppl and yet you focus on Trump.  Unbelievable.

No that is extremism:

The definition of extremist : "a person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, especially one who resorts to or advocates extreme action."

The definition of a tyrant:

"A tyrant  in the modern English usage of the word, is an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or person, or one who has usurped legitimate sovereignty. Often described as a cruel character, a tyrant defends their position by oppressive means, tending to control almost everything in the state.

Please enlighten all of us, having an open mind (not a mind blinded by hate or a radical political bias) as to who exactly fits the description/definition you’ve posted.  Certainly NO leader past or present in the United States!

Please, re-read your definitions and get back with us.

Why don't you enlighten us as to how Radical Extremists fit the definition of "tyrant".  If they were led by a "tyrant", then they could have been overthrown by supporting and arming the people they were oppressing.  That also means that when you "cut off the head", more than likely, the problem, would be gone.  You could call Bin Laden a lot of things, but I don't see how tyrant is one.  I never claimed anybody was a tyrant (you evidently think I was making a jab at Trump)  But, read the definition, it should be every citizens duty in a democracy to ensure that a tyrant is not allowed to rise.  You can take that however you want.  So, with your open mind, how did you interpret my post as a knock against any American, or is your mind blinded by hate?

Typical liberal film flam.

Post a very direct and specific description of an absolute ruler, a person, one who...etc.etc. All definitions indicating ONE person (singular).When pressed for who that person is, the author slams the reader for asking the specific name, and insinuates the reader is blinded by hate.

Oh, the liberal mind!

Good deflection, since you obviously can't figure out what I am talking about.  I suggest using a Dictionary.  There are too many tyrants to list.  How about you start with the obvious ones like Hussein, Kim Jung Un, Kim Jung Il, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, etc, etc.  You are the one who is trying to slam me, so who is being ruled by hate?  How is pointing out the definition of a tyrant a "liberal thing".  Are you saying the Alt-Right crowd is so uneducated that they can't even follow simple definitions?  Your point not mine.

P.S.  If Bin Laden had a been a real tyrant, he would have been much easier for us to get rid of, since there would have been a specific state (nation) we could have attacked.  So what about my point is driving you over the edge?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors