TRUMP PLANS TO IMPOSE TARIFF ON MEXICO TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP PLANS TO IMPOSE TARIFF ON MEXICO TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Message 1 of 70

I love it!!!!!! Trump, keep it up insulting the Mexicans.  that is the best way to really resolve this   issue.  keep it up.   The King has spoken, Long live the King/

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP PLANS TO IMPOSE TARIFF ON MEXICO TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Message 2 of 70

Mexican President:

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said Friday that he will respond “prudently” to the Trump administration’s threat to impose a five percent tariff on the Central American country.

In a letter posted on his Twitter account, López Obrador said he would seek a diplomatic solution. “Right away, I must express that I don’t want confrontation,” the Mexican president said in a letter directed at Trump.

“You also know that we are fulfilling our responsibility,” López Obrador said, of stemming the flow of migrants “in the best way possible and without violating human rights.”

“I propose to deepen our dialogue and to find core solutions to the migration problem,” said López Obrador.

Trump said on Twitter Thursday that the plan will take effect on June 10th and will “gradually increase until the illegal immigration problem is remedied at which time the Tariffs will be removed.”

https://twitter.com/lopezobrador_/status/1134284723721822208

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 70

@john258 wrote:

There was supposed to be a meeting in DC this week. Mexico was sending its foreign sec. to meet with our Sec. of State to talk about this subject. Today I hear Trump called off that meeting. The dictator at work.

There is now a story out that the meeting is not off, but Trump still says Tariffs will come to Mexico unless they surrender to what he wants. Time will tell. Here is another thing to think about. It seems we are importing crude oil from Mexico and it is processed  in Texas. Our refineries were set up to do that. If the crude oil stops the refineries close, and we could see price of gas rise, and could become scarce in some areas. Time will tell. Dictator Trump at work.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 70

There was supposed to be a meeting in DC this week. Mexico was sending its foreign sec. to meet with our Sec. of State to talk about this subject. Today I hear Trump called off that meeting. The dictator at work.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 70

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91:   Since our Congress refuses to act on this important issue, our President is showing leadership by addressing the problem.  Thank you President Trump for working to fix this important issue, somebody has to.

How about explaining how inflicting pain on American consumers will change Mexico's behavior?

I believe that I have an explanation. Here is a man that thinks that he can solve all issues and   is not  And now  encountering one that he doesn't really know how to solve.

Yes, he should use both Congress and the Senate to resolve our present immigration laws which are many. and then.

Try to deal with the countries involved in a rational manner, and not thinking that he can speak at them order them and they will comply.

Latin Americans don't function in that manner, treat them with the respect. and perhaps you may reach a solution with the help of all those nations.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 70

jimc91:   Since our Congress refuses to act on this important issue, our President is showing leadership by addressing the problem.  Thank you President Trump for working to fix this important issue, somebody has to.

How about explaining how inflicting pain on American consumers will change Mexico's behavior?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 70

According to what you  have posted, mot or all of the people  do not qualify for asylum they are not persecuted because of race, nationality religion or  politics. so the only reason that I see is gun violence by the existing gangs in their country. Istan't that what happens in Detroit?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 70

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

I think you are posting to the wrong thread.  This thread is about tariffs being charged to Mexico for their lack of help on Illegal immigration.

You are correct,  I apologize,  but is Mexico laughing yet?

Countries don't laugh, people do.

And not too many Americans are laughing today, are we?  

Probably not among the cult of hatred.But normal Americans not consumed by the hatred are still smiling, laughing, and enjoying life.

Oh?  You mean like the right winger shown here:

Image result for picture of mad right wingers

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 70

@rk9152 wrote:

Probably not among the cult of hatred.But normal Americans not consumed by the hatred are still smiling, laughing, and enjoying life.

I was listening to an interview with a soybean farmer who is now getting $1.69 a bushel from Trump's government subsidy program. At that price, he is thinking of planting MORE soybeans in the face of a U.S. market awash in beans.  He also believes that the Chinese market for American grains which was 40% of production, is being moved to Brazil.  This is not about hating Trump. It is about economics. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 70

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

I think you are posting to the wrong thread.  This thread is about tariffs being charged to Mexico for their lack of help on Illegal immigration.

You are correct,  I apologize,  but is Mexico laughing yet?

Countries don't laugh, people do.

And not too many Americans are laughing today, are we?  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors