From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP PLANS TO IMPOSE TARIFF ON MEXICO TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Message 31 of 70

I hope that everyone in this message board has heard  the response of the Mexican President to Trump and then compare what a President being presidential acts and say in answer to the idiot and his ways of acting/

Like I said Mexico will not be threatened and comply with Trump's actions or even enter into any negotiations unless Trump deal with the common sense that is required.

His threats to Mexico. resonate as "Yankee imperialism" trying to tell any country in Latin America what to do.

Well, it doesn't work any more. and it would behove this President to understand that you domn't threaten people you talk to people and you negotiate with people.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: TRUMP PLANS TO IMPOSE TARIFF ON MEXICO TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Message 32 of 70

One way of looking at this latest round of tariffs is that they will be as effective as anything else the Trump Administration has tried to do.  As they say, , "the bar is pretty low here".  On the other hand. using tariffs to resolve the immigration problem does indicate the inability to work in our system of government and an inability to make any sort of deal with anyone. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 70

@MsStretch wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

I support this President that refuses to kick the can down the road like the run of the mill politicians before he came on the scene.  Somebody has to grab the bull by the horns and steer things in the right direction.  

Illegal immigration is out of control and something must happen to fix it.  When the Congress refuses to do anything, the President steps up and is willing to fix it.  

Yeah, I like that kind of leadership.

Interesting analogy, "kick the can down the road".  According to the CBP,  former "run-of-the-mill politicians" showed a downswing for fiscal years (Oct. - Sept.) 2014 and 2015.   Apparently Trump picked up the can and bobbled it because migration went back up in 2016 and 2018.  Halfway through 2019, it is breaking all records and is headed off the charts.  Looks like that bull is tossing him like a rag doll.

I suppose you are correct.  In 2014 and 15 our economy was operating at what was referred to as the "New Normal" described by President Obama.  Today our economy has been supercharged by the simple policy changes made by the Trump Administration and it has acted like a giant magnet.  Everybody wants to be us and be here to get a piece of the action.

Now since we are a nation of laws, President Trump knows how important it is for our broken immigration laws to be fixed. Congress needs to do its job and pass new law to correct the problem.  Congress is so broken it can't even agree on what day it is.  In view of this sad state of affairs with our Congress, President trump is willing to do what ever is within his power to address the problem.  Yep, I like that kind of leadership.  See a problem, do what ever is within your power to fix it.  Go for it Mr. President!

Yes President Trump picked up the can and is willing to do something.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 70

Spot on Snoopy , but don't expect the sheep to comprehend

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 70

@jimc91 wrote:

I support this President that refuses to kick the can down the road like the run of the mill politicians before he came on the scene.  Somebody has to grab the bull by the horns and steer things in the right direction.  

Illegal immigration is out of control and something must happen to fix it.  When the Congress refuses to do anything, the President steps up and is willing to fix it.  

Interesting analogy, "kick the can down the road".  According to the CBP,  former "run-of-the-mill politicians" showed a downswing for fiscal years (Oct. - Sept.) 2014 and 2015.   Apparently Trump picked up the can and bobbled it because migration went back up in 2016 and 2018.  Halfway through 2019, it is breaking all records and is headed off the charts.  Looks like that bull is tossing him like a rag doll.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 70

@Richva wrote:

Poor Trump. He has crafted a problem he can't resolve. He should be negotiating with Mexico, South and Central American countries to stop the flow at its source.  Finally, everything he does shows up in the press as another stupid move.  Now he is trying to force other countries to solve the problem for him. 

What could go wrong with THAT plan?

Trump's method of doing business has been to talk big, screw up, blame others and get someone else to bail him out. Why did anyone think that he would act different as President?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 70

Poor Trump. He has crafted a problem he can't resolve. He should be negotiating with Mexico, South and Central American countries to stop the flow at its source.  Finally, everything he does shows up in the press as another stupid move.  Now he is trying to force other countries to solve the problem for him. 

What could go wrong with THAT plan?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 70

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

So then you would support trump turning America into a dung-hole country so no one would want to immigrate here?

Hmmm... No.  How did you arrive at that conclusion?  

Are you having a bad day because Donald Trump is still our duly elected President?  Well you guys get another bite at the apple in 2020.  

Try to enjoy the rest of your day.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 70

@jimc91 wrote:

So then you would support trump turning America into a dung-hole country so no one would want to immigrate here?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 70

"Looking back at history one of the first things a "real Dictator" does is to remove guns from the hands of the citizens.

President Trump is a very strong supporter of our Second Amendment Rights.

So please explain how you have come to such a far fetched conclusion."

----------------

Enough said , so why bother having a discussion.

Like Bob Marley said - as long as we have our Assault Rifles - "every little thing is gonna be alright".

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors