Honored Social Butterfly

TRUMP CONFIRMS THAT WE NO LONGER HAVE A DEMOCRACY

The PLUTOCRACY, in the person of TRUMP'S Cabinet and Administration, is now securely in place. 

Trump confirmed this today with his "I DON'T WANT POOR PEOPLE" statement.

Trump's Cabinet is the wealthiest Cabinet in history. The trickster, Donald Trump, ran as a "man of the people", and yet, appointed billionaires and millionaires to the Cabinet...... wiping out our DEMOCRACY and replacing it with a PLUTOCRACY.

You might ask what actions do PLUTOCRACIES take that defines them as such. PLUTOCRACIES ignore their SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES. They serve their OWN PURPOSES. They INCREASE POVERTY WHILE ENRICHING THEMSELVES.

Trump's Administration gets a check on all three parts of the definition.

Trump knows that having a poor person in the Administration would violate the definition of a PLUTOCRACY.

LORD HELP US.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Trusted Contributor

Democracy died Nov 9, 2017. We now have a kleptocratic kakistocracy enabled by nepotism.

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote: 

I'd recommend obtaining a moral compass before attempting to judge the direction of others.

Heaven help those poor unfortunate Democrats who will never have a moral compass!

How so NOTHAPPENING? ......

Please become informed and realize that it's your Republicans who want to take away health care for 30 million Americans, including nearly a trillion dollars from Medicaid!

How is that moral NOTHAPPENING? 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote: 

I'd recommend obtaining a moral compass before attempting to judge the direction of others.

Heaven help those poor unfortunate Democrats who will never have a moral compass!

Please become informed and realize that it's your Republicans who want to take away health care for 30 million Americans, including nearly a trillion dollars from Medicaid!

As long as its taken from those immoral Democrats, no problemo.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:
@myexper wrote:

Could that fall under the category of "blind hatred"? Please help me understand why anyone would support 30 million Americans losing health care because of their political affiliation.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote: 

How will trump, price, the republican party and you make certain that any who voted for trump, are fringe militia sorts with lots of guns and big health issues don't lose their health care?

If one of those sorts decides they have nothing left to lose and gets really angry, and keeps it all inside - doesn't tell anyone - well - It could get ugly...

Could it happen?

Will it?  

Only way to know for sure is wait and see, isn't it?

44>dolt45
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

How strange it is that resistance to a piece of legislation pushed and bribed into law by Obama which was, by his own words, intended to fail so as to force us into socialized medicine enters this discussion about the end of Democracy - because of President Trump.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

How strange it is that resistance to a piece of legislation pushed and bribed into law by Obama which was, by his own words, intended to fail so as to force us into socialized medicine enters this discussion about the end of Democracy - because of President Trump.

Could you quote Obama saying that the ACA was "intended to fail"?

The majority of Americans are against more than one of the things on Trump's agenda and especially some things in the health care plan he and the Republicans are trying to pass.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A bit of game playing there? His speech to the union about it has been posted many times. Or does the game involve the specific words rather than the meaning? 

The majority of Americans are against more than one of the things on Trump's agenda and especially some things in the health care plan he and the Republicans are trying to pass.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A bit of game playing there? His speech to the union about it has been posted many times. Or does the game involve the specific words rather than the meaning? 

Well rk, post the words that Obama used and let me decide what I think. You telling me the "meaning" just don't cut it. I don't recall anything that  Obama said that indicated  the ACA was "intended to fail".

You didn't respond to the majority of Americans being against most of Trump's agenda, including the health care plan.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Well rk, post the words that Obama used and let me decide what I think. You telling me the "meaning" just don't cut it. I don't recall anything that  Obama said that indicated  the ACA was "intended to fail".

You didn't respond to the majority of Americans being against most of Trump's agenda, including the health care plan.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXgSKwYMnWo&t=32s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oCqL65c4Fs

And here is dessert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=926bPZiQhgY&t=140s

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

rk9152 wrote:

How strange it is that resistance to a piece of legislation pushed and bribed into law by Obama which was, by his own words, intended to fail so as to force us into socialized medicine enters this discussion about the end of Democracy - because of President Trump.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bill Clinton also thought Obamacare  isn`t a good program when he said this last year-

So you’ve got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It’s the craziest thing in the world

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

How strange it is that resistance to a piece of legislation pushed and bribed into law by Obama which was, by his own words, intended to fail so as to force us into socialized medicine enters this discussion about the end of Democracy - because of President Trump.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bill Clinton also thought Obamacare  isn`t a good program when he said this last year-

So you’ve got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It’s the craziest thing in the world

Clinton also stated in that very same speech that the insurance model was no longer working in America, because no matter what, there's always a group of people getting squeezed. He then went on to tout Hillary's proposal of Medicaid premium assistance for everyone, including small businesses. Sure would work better than the GOP plan that throws 22 MILLION out of their health coverage. Thanks for providing the opportunity to reiterate that point.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Honored Social Butterfly

What the left fails to understand is Trumpcare IS Obamacare without the mandate (to buy), without the punitive taxes, and Medicaid money controlled by the states instead of the Federal Government.  The Democrats should love the plan but the alternative is NO PLAN!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING states " What the left fails to understand is Trumpcare IS Obamacare without the mandate (to buy), without the punitive taxes, and Medicaid money controlled by the states instead of the Federal Government.  The Democrats should love the plan but the alternative is NO PLAN! "

Oh yes , Medicaid money will now be controlled by each state - NOW MINUS $ 880 BILLION FROM THE FEDERAL GOVT. The States should have no trouble coming up with an extra almost TRILLION Dollars. Doesn't every State have that just " LYING " around - NOT !!!

Bamboozled are too many !!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING states " What the left fails to understand is Trumpcare IS Obamacare without the mandate (to buy), without the punitive taxes, and Medicaid money controlled by the states instead of the Federal Government.  The Democrats should love the plan but the alternative is NO PLAN! "

Oh yes , Medicaid money will now be controlled by each state - NOW MINUS $ 880 BILLION FROM THE FEDERAL GOVT. The States should have no trouble coming up with an extra almost TRILLION Dollars. Doesn't every State have that just " LYING " around - NOT !!!

Bamboozled are too many !!!

I wonder how many are aware of the fact that medicare got totally screwed up by Obamacare's inclusion of many, many, unfunded additional people to the program.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

9152 says " I wonder how many are aware of the fact that medicare got totally screwed up by Obamacare's inclusion of many, many, unfunded additional people to the program."

Sounds like Faux " news " AGAIN !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Mavolta--of course it's faux news. Under Obamacare, 10 years was actually added to Medicaid and Medicare. (CNN, NPR) But,of course, the propaganda sites RWers listen to would never ever tell their gullible viewers the truth.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote: 

Democrats are not demanding that health care be taken away from 30 million Americans NOTHAPPENING.  It's your Republicans who are demanding that and thus committing a highly immoral action in the process.

Honored Social Butterfly

"The left doesn't have to worry.  Trump is not decreasing your Social Security."

Social Security and the Deficit both need to be fixed. I'll be watching very carefully, but so far, I haven't seen anything that looks like deficit reduction.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"The left doesn't have to worry.  Trump is not decreasing your Social Security."

Social Security and the Deficit both need to be fixed. I'll be watching very carefully, but so far, I haven't seen anything that looks like deficit reduction.

I agree that both need fixing along with the accumulated national debt.  Part of the way you do this is spending less and I don't mean SS which we all paid for.  Government needs to go on a strict diet (less government).  Trump promises with the reduced Corporate taxes, money that's carefully hidden overseas will make its way back to produce more jobs (think income taxes) as well as producing more in the U.S instead of foreign.  Will it really happen?  That is the big unknown but I can guarantee you that as a voter block, seniors are king (or queen).

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Carrier anouced today that those jobs and that factory Trump 'saved' is moving to Mexico.

Ford is moving Focus line to China and will buy auto parts in China. All this winning!

Honored Social Butterfly

missed the release of trump's income statement which showed an increase in income for his resorts, many of which tout his position and are frequented by foreign diplomats.  Ridiculous to ignore the fact that the idiot in the WH is becomeing expodentially more wealthy as he overtly uses his position to increase his bottom lkine.  There is a reason he is being sued with regard to the emoiluments clause.  I might also remind you that no such suit was ever filed with regard to the Cinton's.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Many uninformed GOPers like to claim "we are not a democracy, we are a republic" because they think there's some connection between democracy and the Democratic party and (more absurd) betrween republic and the Republican party.

Democracy: a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Republic: a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

So we are a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC.

What the GOP has sought to do with Gerrymanders and Voter Suppression Laws is to eliminate THE PEOPLE from those holding supreme power and give it over to the representatives of a small minority of voters. They're succeeding, and their base thinks THEY are the ones gaining power when they, along with the rest of the 99%, merely provide a source of funds to be redistriburted to the very top of the economic pyrmid.

Honored Social Butterfly

Scout isn't is amazing that so many have no idea what type of government the US has? Yes, a Democratic Republic. 
Perhaps now they can research what that means.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

The good news is.... they didn't derive their wealth from their current position in government, like your failed heroine Hillary. Seems Obama is doing quite well these days.... thank you very much, but I'm OK with Obama making as much as he can. Hillary? not so much, she's a thief. Frankly, making money out of any government position is what has always happened in Banana Republics.And by the way. are you aware that you are speaking to a Republican, but a Republican that thinks and that will not follow the leader like some little pup? So, HIllary is not and have never been my heroine.

By the way.... we're a republic not a democracy because our founders knew the problems with "democracy". So I guess we really must start by acting like one. for a minute there I was thinking that we had regressed to a monarqy

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk321are you aware that you are speaking to a Republican

I wasn't addressing you. Does that clear it up for you?

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

@rk321are you aware that you are speaking to a Republican

I wasn't addressing you. Does that clear it up for you?

No, it doesn't so please do clarify your posts so there is no confusion. like telling us who is the person that you are addressing or simply posting the previous post yes, only the post that you are answering to. so that we know what is going on.

no name
Contributor

Monarchy is what Obama tried to be....king Obama.  Hah!  What a traitorous piece of garbage he is!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@EMERALDberry wrote:

Monarchy is what Obama tried to be....king Obama.  Hah!  What a traitorous piece of garbage he is!

An unsubstantiated ludicrous claim.

And BTW:  As far as "traitorous" .... please recall that it was Trump who handed over classified information to the Russians!

Contributor

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png