Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

TRUMP CONFIRMS THAT WE NO LONGER HAVE A DEMOCRACY

The PLUTOCRACY, in the person of TRUMP'S Cabinet and Administration, is now securely in place. 

 

Trump confirmed this today with his "I DON'T WANT POOR PEOPLE" statement.

 

Trump's Cabinet is the wealthiest Cabinet in history. The trickster, Donald Trump, ran as a "man of the people", and yet, appointed billionaires and millionaires to the Cabinet...... wiping out our DEMOCRACY and replacing it with a PLUTOCRACY.

 

You might ask what actions do PLUTOCRACIES take that defines them as such. PLUTOCRACIES ignore their SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES. They serve their OWN PURPOSES. They INCREASE POVERTY WHILE ENRICHING THEMSELVES.

 

Trump's Administration gets a check on all three parts of the definition.

 

Trump knows that having a poor person in the Administration would violate the definition of a PLUTOCRACY.

 

LORD HELP US.

 

 

 

 

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

The ignorance of Trump Lovers is mind boggling. 

 

President Obama ordered the assault on Osama Bin Laden.

But Donald Trump wouldn't allow the U.S. press in the White House when the Russians were visiting, but he allowed the Russian press. Who's the traitor?

 

Trump's campaign manager is a FOREIGN AGENT.

Trump's National Security Advcisor is a FOREIGN AGENT.

Who's the traitor?

 

Trump's Attorney General had 3 visits with Russians but never reported them. 

Jared Kushner tried to set up back door communications with the Russians and never reported those attempts.

Who's the traitor?

Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

The ignorance of Trump Lovers is mind boggling. 

 

President Obama ordered the assault on Osama Bin Laden.

But Donald Trump wouldn't allow the U.S. press in the White House when the Russians were visiting, but he allowed the Russian press. Who's the traitor?

 

Trump's campaign manager is a FOREIGN AGENT.

Trump's National Security Advcisor is a FOREIGN AGENT.

Who's the traitor?

 

Trump's Attorney General had 3 visits with Russians but never reported them. 

Jared Kushner tried to set up back door communications with the Russians and never reported those attempts.

Who's the traitor?


The ignorance of the Trump-haters is amazing. They do not seem to understand that "Foreign Agent" does not mean James Bond. It is simply one who took a job with a foreign government and complied with the requirement to register.

 

Or maybe it is just "intellectual dishonesty" on display.

0 Kudos
412 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

rk9152:  They do not seem to understand that "Foreign Agent" does not mean James Bond. It is simply one who took a job with a foreign government and complied with the requirement to register.

 

 

Wrong. Do you read any news? If not, at least read this for some enlightenment.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/us/politics/michael-flynn-russia.html

Honored Social Butterfly


@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  They do not seem to understand that "Foreign Agent" does not mean James Bond. It is simply one who took a job with a foreign government and complied with the requirement to register.

 

 

Wrong. Do you read any news? If not, at least read this for some enlightenment.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/us/politics/michael-flynn-russia.html


I read your Times item. It supports my position. Try thinking about facts not merely dreaming up insults.

0 Kudos
541 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Just sounds funny hearing trump supporters calling others " ignorant " !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

The entire premise of this topic seems to be a poster's pleasure in typing "Plutocracy".

 

If you look at our history you see people who come into office rich and leave rich and people who come in poor and leave rich.

 

Now, which do you suppose served the people better??

0 Kudos
473 Views
4
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

The entire premise of this topic seems to be a poster's pleasure in typing "Plutocracy".

 

If you look at our history you see people who come into office rich and leave rich and people who come in poor and leave rich.

 

Now, which do you suppose served the people better??


rk, while the starter of this topic could have been a little more diplomatic, I think you are missing the point with your questions.  What Trump effectively said was that if you are rich, you are competent and know what you are doing.  Obviously, he is confusing abilities with outcomes. 

By his definition, since Carly Fiorina is rich (over $50 Million) she must know what she is doing.  Of course, she managed Hewlett Packard into the ground and left with a golden parachute.

If he talked about the abilities these people had and that was why they were chosen that is one thing, but he is saying is that they have a big bank account (regardless of how they "earned" it) and must therefore be successful.

Honored Social Butterfly


@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The entire premise of this topic seems to be a poster's pleasure in typing "Plutocracy".

 

If you look at our history you see people who come into office rich and leave rich and people who come in poor and leave rich.

 

Now, which do you suppose served the people better??


rk, while the starter of this topic could have been a little more diplomatic, I think you are missing the point with your questions.  What Trump effectively said was that if you are rich, you are competent and know what you are doing.  Obviously, he is confusing abilities with outcomes. 

He never said that. He selected successful, knowledgeable people in their fields. And, yes, the successful are often rich.

 

By his definition, since Carly Fiorina is rich (over $50 Million) she must know what she is doing.  Of course, she managed Hewlett Packard into the ground and left with a golden parachute.

What position did he give Carly??

 

If he talked about the abilities these people had and that was why they were chosen that is one thing, but he is saying is that they have a big bank account (regardless of how they "earned" it) and must therefore be successful.

I saw no indication of bank account checking.


 

0 Kudos
409 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Look Trump selected the men that he knows an feel comfortable with. And of course, I don't think that he knows too many poor people.

so he chose his friends.and that is simply that.

no name
0 Kudos
403 Views
1
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

Look Trump selected the men that he knows an feel comfortable with. And of course, I don't think that he knows too many poor people.

so he chose his friends.and that is simply that.


You are probably correct.  But, I have to wonder if Trump thought about whether they were doing this for the good of their country, or the good of themselves.

0 Kudos
412 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

The good news is.... they didn't derive their wealth from their current position in government, like your failed heroine Hillary. Seems Obama is doing quite well these days.... thank you very much, but I'm OK with Obama making as much as he can. Hillary? not so much, she's a thief.

 

By the way.... we're a republic not a democracy because our founders knew the problems with "democracy". 


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
528 Views
64
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

When your Social Security gets reduced , you can thank your right winged Plutocrats , unless of course youre wealthy , then what do you care about those Americans , who worked their can off to now have to worry about their S.S. and healthcare !!!

Honored Social Butterfly


@mandm84 wrote:

When your Social Security gets reduced , you can thank your right winged Plutocrats , unless of course youre wealthy , then what do you care about those Americans , who worked their can off to now have to worry about their S.S. and healthcare !!!


The left doesn't have to worry.  Trump is not decreasing your Social Security.

0 Kudos
429 Views
38
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

When your Social Security gets reduced , you can thank your right winged Plutocrats , unless of course youre wealthy , then what do you care about those Americans , who worked their can off to now have to worry about their S.S. and healthcare !!!


The left doesn't have to worry.  Trump is not decreasing your Social Security.


Uh huh ..... That's what Trump said about Medicaid.  And now he supports Republican plans to gut Medicaid!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Nothappening , what happens when one of your loved ones needs to go into a nursing home and because of Trump and his Raiders " Mean " $880 BILLION Medicaid Cut their left home to die ???

You do realize that 75% of Nursing Home care is funded by Mediciad ???

 

Famous last words " Trump will not decrease Social Security " , don't bet on it !!!

 

Sorry folks for being a little off topic , but what's more important than our benefits and all of us having a say in it , not just the top 1% Lobbyist ?

 

Remember when Trump said he would " Drain the Swamp " of Lobbyists ? January 2017 had a record number of registered Lobbyist in D.C. The joke is on 99% of us !!!

Honored Social Butterfly


@mandm84 wrote:

Nothappening , what happens when one of your loved ones needs to go into a nursing home and because of Trump and his Raiders " Mean " $880 BILLION Medicaid Cut their left home to die ???

You do realize that 75% of Nursing Home care is funded by Mediciad ???

 

Famous last words " Trump will not decrease Social Security " , don't bet on it !!!

 

Sorry folks for being a little off topic , but what's more important than our benefits and all of us having a say in it , not just the top 1% Lobbyist ?

 

Remember when Trump said he would " Drain the Swamp " of Lobbyists ? January 2017 had a record number of registered Lobbyist in D.C. The joke is on 99% of us !!!


I will be quick to remind you when you are wrong and I will admit quickly if I am wrong but I think YOU will be the loser.

0 Kudos
407 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@mandm84 wrote:

Nothappening , what happens when one of your loved ones needs to go into a nursing home and because of Trump and his Raiders " Mean " $880 BILLION Medicaid Cut their left home to die ???

You do realize that 75% of Nursing Home care is funded by Mediciad ???

 

Famous last words " Trump will not decrease Social Security " , don't bet on it !!!

 

Sorry folks for being a little off topic , but what's more important than our benefits and all of us having a say in it , not just the top 1% Lobbyist ?

 

Remember when Trump said he would " Drain the Swamp " of Lobbyists ? January 2017 had a record number of registered Lobbyist in D.C. The joke is on 99% of us !!!


Without seniors, there is no second term for Trump.  I repeat there will be no cut in SS!!!!!  Most nursing homes you will get a very cold welcome if you are a Medicaid entry person or told that you must show proof that you can fund at least one or more years in that home before they will accept you.  There are exceptions but most people wouldn't want that way of life for their loved ones.

 

Important saying: "It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick".

0 Kudos
421 Views
31
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

So just let OUR Poor and Sick die in the streets !!! Is that what today's GOP thinks , so the Rich can catch another Tax Break ???

 

Pathetic and barbaric !!!

 

Oh the Humanity !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Mand wrote-So just let OUR Poor and Sick die in the streets !!! Is that what today's GOP thinks , so the Rich can catch another Tax Break ???

 

Pathetic and barbaric !!!

 

Oh the Humanity !!!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You forgot to mention that we are going to let Grandma get pushed over the cliff.  Tax break for the rich--Seeing 70% of our federal taxes are paid for by  10%  of the richest ,isn`t  it logical they get the biggest tax break.  All taxpayers will get a tax cut unless you are part of the 45 % of all those who pay no taxes. We aren`t giving the rich money ,we are only letting them keep more of their own money.

Honored Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

Mand wrote-So just let OUR Poor and Sick die in the streets !!! Is that what today's GOP thinks , so the Rich can catch another Tax Break ???

 

Pathetic and barbaric !!!

 

Oh the Humanity !!!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You forgot to mention that we are going to let Grandma get pushed over the cliff.  Tax break for the rich--Seeing 70% of our federal taxes are paid for by  10%  of the richest ,isn`t  it logical they get the biggest tax break.  All taxpayers will get a tax cut unless you are part of the 45 % of all those who pay no taxes. We aren`t giving the rich money ,we are only letting them keep more of their own money.


Last I heard, the number not paying any income tax was 47%, yet the leftmost posters here expect Trump to give the 47% paying nothing some more money.  Pathetic.  The top 20% of the income earners are already paying 84% of ALL income taxes.  Who else can get a break but those paying the most!

 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-20-of-earners-pay-84-of-income-tax-1428674384

0 Kudos
518 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Nothappening  I am holding you on your words. 
So. nothing is going to happen to SS. Medicare and all of us seniors are going to be fine. 

So, if that doesn't happen, what would you do?

no name
0 Kudos
412 Views
27
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

Nothappening  I am holding you on your words. 
So. nothing is going to happen to SS. Medicare and all of us seniors are going to be fine. 

So, if that doesn't happen, what would you do?


I said nothing about Medicare yet you think I did????? I think SS (which you and I paid for in spades) is safe.  That's all I said.

 

What would I do if wrong? I saved my money so I would be secure without SS or Medicare so I don't really have the same concern that those that didn't save have.

0 Kudos
407 Views
26
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Nothappening  I am holding you on your words. 
So. nothing is going to happen to SS. Medicare and all of us seniors are going to be fine. 

So, if that doesn't happen, what would you do?


I said nothing about Medicare yet you think I did????? I think SS (which you and I paid for in spades) is safe.  That's all I said.

 

What would I do if wrong? I saved my money so I would be secure without SS or Medicare so I don't really have the same concern that those that didn't save have.



@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Nothappening  I am holding you on your words. 
So. nothing is going to happen to SS. Medicare and all of us seniors are going to be fine. 

So, if that doesn't happen, what would you do?


I said nothing about Medicare yet you think I did????? I think SS (which you and I paid for in spades) is safe.  That's all I said.

 

What would I do if wrong? I saved my money so I would be secure without SS or Medicare so I don't really have the same concern that those that didn't save have.


I am sure that you are a man or character and morals. so, I would appreciate if you would actully read your own words, and see what I think you have said.
I preceive a tremendous callousness in your words that pehaps you are not aware.
There are many people in this country that have not been as lucky as you seem to have been. so, could you provide a reason as to your words and the insensibility that they present? No need to show us what you really think perhaps a more diplomatic manner should guide you.

no name
0 Kudos
373 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Nothappening  I am holding you on your words. 
So. nothing is going to happen to SS. Medicare and all of us seniors are going to be fine. 

So, if that doesn't happen, what would you do?


I said nothing about Medicare yet you think I did????? I think SS (which you and I paid for in spades) is safe.  That's all I said.

 

What would I do if wrong? I saved my money so I would be secure without SS or Medicare so I don't really have the same concern that those that didn't save have.


So as long as you are covered ..... no problemo. 

 

As far as those less fortunate than yourself ..... too bad!

 

Quite consistent with today's Republican Party .... and most shameful!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

I don't really have the same concern....

 

Tell that to St. Peter.

Honored Social Butterfly


@oceanedge2 wrote:

I don't really have the same concern....

 

Tell that to St. Peter.


I will and mention that you were concerned.

0 Kudos
504 Views
22
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

I don't really have the same concern....

 

Tell that to St. Peter.


I will and mention that you were concerned.


Actually, I think St. Peter may bring up that YOU failed to become "concerned"!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
395 Views
21
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

I don't really have the same concern....

 

Tell that to St. Peter.


I will and mention that you were concerned.


Actually, I think St. Peter may bring up that YOU failed to become "concerned"!


You'll be miles below me after we talk to St. Peter.

0 Kudos
418 Views
20
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

I don't really have the same concern....

 

Tell that to St. Peter.


I will and mention that you were concerned.


Actually, I think St. Peter may bring up that YOU failed to become "concerned"!


You'll be miles below me after we talk to St. Peter.


Your lack of concern for those less fortunate than yourself suggests that your judgement is directionally incorrect ..... the exact opposite from what you'd like to believe in fact. 

 

I'd recommend obtaining a moral compass before attempting to judge the direction of others.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly


myexper wrote: 

I'd recommend obtaining a moral compass before attempting to judge the direction of others.



Heaven help those poor unfortunate Democrats who will never have a moral compass!

0 Kudos
383 Views
18
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png