Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRILLION DOLLAR SPENDING BILL: NO ONE HAS READ IT

Message 1 of 29

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Daily Caller - Right Bias

Funded by / Ownership

The website was initially launched after raising $3 million in funding from businessman Foster Friess. 

Thanks, @Centristsin2010 , for posting all the information relating THE DAILY CALLER.

I usually do the same as @jimc91 seems to use this fringe media outlet as a valid resource.....NOT.

One bit of trivia your expose' left out.

Its original funder, FOSTER FRIESS, publicly stated that:

"WOMEN SHOULD PRACTICE CONTRACEPTION BY SQUEEZING AN ASPIRIN BETWEEN THEIR KNEES"

That gives you some kind of idea of the corporate culture at THE DAILY CALLER.

Right you are, nc.  Just more of the same hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance.  The Fake News perpetuated by these extreme and politically bigoted "news sites"; yet this is what low-information types get their "information".  It's no wonder a pinhead got elected.  They should be embarrassed.....

Does THAT mean that a massive bill was not PUT before the CONGRESS without the TO READ it?  I don't know if the Congress Critters aides put "to read" on the bill; do you have inside information to state they didn't?  Or just more Fake News?

Right you are - substitute "time" for "the" and see what you think.

Of course you must mean insert the word "time" after the word "the".  What do you think? Right I am again...  You're welcome.

Since this is of such great importance to you and since you are having so much trouble understanding the meaning, I'll re write it for you:

Does THAT mean that a massive bill was not PUT before the CONGRESS without time TO READ it?

Atta boy! Wouldn't want to distort what you posted.....

Image result for judge judy gif

A childish reaponse to the issue of a massive bill being presented without time to read it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Funded by / Ownership

The website was initially launched after raising $3 million in funding from businessman Foster Friess. 

Thanks, @Centristsin2010 , for posting all the information relating THE DAILY CALLER.

I usually do the same as @jimc91 seems to use this fringe media outlet as a valid resource.....NOT.

"WOMEN SHOULD PRACTICE CONTRACEPTION BY SQUEEZING AN ASPIRIN BETWEEN THEIR KNEES"

Right you are, nc.  Just more of the same hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance.  The Fake News perpetuated by these extreme and politically bigoted "news sites"; yet this is what low-information types get their "information".  It's no wonder a pinhead got elected.  They should be embarrassed.....

Does THAT mean that a massive bill was not PUT before the CONGRESS without the TO READ it?  I don't know if the Congress Critters aides put "to read" on the bill; do you have inside information to state they didn't?  Or just more Fake News?

Of course you must mean insert the word "time" after the word "the".  What do you think? Right I am again...  You're welcome.

Since this is of such great importance to you and since you are having so much trouble understanding the meaning, I'll re write it for you:

Does THAT mean that a massive bill was not PUT before the CONGRESS without time TO READ it?

Atta boy! Wouldn't want to distort what you posted.....

Image result for judge judy gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 29

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Ever notice how Republicans only complain about not having time to "read" Democratic bills?

Here's the reality - NOBODY reads the entire thing - that's why they have a STAFF of more than one. The subject experts each read the parts that address their subject, prepare executive summaries for their Congresscrittere, and the Critter has a pretty good idea of what's in the bill.

HOWEVER, until it's passed, IT CAN AND DOES CHANGE. Only a Republican would not understand it's the bill that gets passed that has the final word on "what's in it", ergo no one can truthfully say what's in it until it's been passed.

If, on the other hand, you want bumper sticker analysis to feed lofos, the Republican distortion of the facts happens.

I believe that those who you call lofo understand that staffers do the grunt work. Why would you think otherwise?

And while it is true, it doesn't happen until it is passed - and that is exactly the point of the topic - the short time frame between dissemination and voting.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

TRILLION DOLLAR SPENDING BILL: NO ONE HAS READ IT

Message 4 of 29

The Trump Administration signed the largest SPENDING BILL in the history of the U.S.

The Trump Tax Plan will add approximately $2 TRILLION  to the nation's debt.

What happend to fiscal discipline?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 29

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Funded by / Ownership

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 29

Ever notice how Republicans only complain about not having time to "read" Democratic bills?

Here's the reality - NOBODY reads the entire thing - that's why they have a STAFF of more than one. The subject experts each read the parts that address their subject, prepare executive summaries for their Congresscrittere, and the Critter has a pretty good idea of what's in the bill.

HOWEVER, until it's passed, IT CAN AND DOES CHANGE. Only a Republican would not understand it's the bill that gets passed that has the final word on "what's in it", ergo no one can truthfully say what's in it until it's been passed.

If, on the other hand, you want bumper sticker analysis to feed lofos, the Republican distortion of the facts happens.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Funded by / Ownership

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 29

@Soosie wrote:

Why do we seem to have the standard, "Well, they did it too theme" here? I hope progress can ever be made to think beyond that. 

Yep, too bad that our Congress and the American people can't "think beyond" the trump/republican tax cut that is causing $1 1/2 Trillion in debt. Just the interest on that debt  outweighs the economic benefits it will produce. But what the heck, anything to give the 1% massive tax cuts, along with giving trump over $25 million.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 29

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Funded by / Ownership

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 29

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Centristsin2010,

Thanks 😊 for posting the facts regarding The Daily Caller. We have become a society who has to.

Don't fall for that trap. There was a massive bill put up for vote without time to read it - regardless of who reported it.

The Hollow Republican Promises To ‘Read The Bill’

WASHINGTON ― A Republican House majority that rode to power in 2010 with promises including making sure bill text is available for at least three days before it’s voted on ― and statements that lawmakers ought to read the bills before voting ― approved a 2,232-page measure Thursday that nobody could have possibly read.

The text of the massive $1.3 trillion spending deal dropped around 8 p.m. Wednesday. Almost exactly 17 hours later, at 1 p.m. Thursday, House lawmakers passed the bill 256-167.

As Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) asked on the House floor Thursday: What happened to the tea party that “harangued” Democrats about having time to read bills?

“Is there no shame?” Hoyer asked. “Is there no realization of the hypocrisy that is being displayed?”

In interviews with more than 20 GOP lawmakers Thursday, the answer was, largely, no.

Time and again, Republicans who came to Congress using hashtags like #ReadTheBill were happy to vote for a beginning-of-the-year bipartisan spending deal ― a fiscal year that was supposed to have begun on Oct. 1, mind you ― and they dismissed arguments that lawmakers and the public ought to have time to read the legislation before it gets a vote.

Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was asked about the broken procedural promises of his speakership Thursday ― there hasn’t been an open rule vote, where any member could offer an amendment to a bill on the floor, in two years; Republicans have routinely stripped provisions from legislation using rules (so-called “legislating on the rule”); and leadership has broken the three-day rule often. Ryan claimed, “By and large, we’ve done a phenomenal job.”

Ryan said lawmakers were working against a hard deadline and that Republicans had passed much of this legislation in September when they advanced two spending bills encompassing the 12 appropriations bills, so it wasn’t as if there were any “big surprises.”

But those bills were passed under different spending numbers, and scores of provisions were added to this final legislation in the past few months. Lawmakers and the public don’t know what they don’t know about the bill until they’ve actually read it ― or, more likely, a news organization or member discovers a controversial provision and it becomes an issue.

Just don’t tell Republicans that.

“Everyone knows what’s in this,” Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-Kan.) told HuffPost.

When we challenged that claim, noting that the public had hardly any time to review the bill, Jenkins said the public “can go through it just like we are.”

The ‘Read the Bill’ sentiment is in full bloom and on full display.Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Ill.)

When we raised the point that it would be impossible for someone to have read the bill in the time before the vote, Jenkins said the bill was being drafted by the Appropriations Committee since December. And when HuffPost noted that the public still wouldn’t have had an opportunity to read the bill when it was being negotiated behind closed doors, Jenkins said the public could “visit with their member of Congress. Their member of Congress can communicate to them what’s in it.”

Time and again Thursday, Republicans acted as if they weren’t violating the promises they made when they took over the majority and issued the “Pledge to America” ― a 45-page document that promises, among many other things, that the text of a bill will be online for at least three days before lawmakers votes on it.

more at:  The Hollow Republican Promises To ‘Read The Bill’

The usual, do as I say, not as I do hypocrisy from the Right.....

I believe that sufficient time should be allowed for the reading and understanding of such important legislation. Are we in agreement?

Kudos
Views