Contributor

TRAVEL ADVISORY FOR MISSISSIPPI Travel at your own peril!

WARNING

The governor of the state of Mississippi has by executive order overturned and prohibited cities within his state that had ordered stay at home decrees, closed non essential establishments and work from home orders from issuing such edicts.  Travelers should avoid trave to, from and inside Mississippi until further notice.  We are all in the most vunerable group for the CoronaVirus COVID-19 and the Governor has made it easier for us to contract the virus within his state.  

WARNING

Honored Social Butterfly

Tate Reeves is the governor of the State of Mississppi. This governor's decision to stand in defiance of one of the only real efforts we can take to potentially help to slow this pandemic, proves the old saying -- "Stupid is as Stupid does."  Both he and his decision qualifies.....as stupid!

Silver Conversationalist

I think I mentioned this before here, but when I lived in Alabama they had an ironic saying "thank God for Mississippi; if not for them we'd be in last place all the time." Referring to the states' standing in education and so many other measures.

Still though, I have a lot of affection for both states.

Honored Social Butterfly

Where do they find these creatures?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png