Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TRAVEL ADVISORIES, TRAVEL ALERTS, AND TRAVEL WARNINGS

Message 1 of 10

@nctarheel wrote:

Unlike the situation in TEXAS, I am sorry to say. Racism in TEXAS is so ingrained into the INSTITUTIONS in TEXAS like the universities, law enforcement, state government, housing, and yes, even customer service, where a hotel leaves a Muslim family to be threatened by a WHITE MAN without lifting a finger.

Your argument is without merit.  You did note that the man was not a Texan, but from Connecticut.  And he was arrested for harrassment by the Padre Island Police.

You are just talking to the wind now. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Are you saying that you don't proofread your posts?

And how is that racial situation in Charlotte?  http://www.charlottestories.com/we-asked-strangers-about-racism-in-uptown-charlotte-you-wont-believe...

Apparently the Blacks in the video still says that there is segregation and discrimination in your state.

You need to read my posts closer.

I said, "Racial Profiling" in my post.

I did not mention any races as you seem to so quickly have done in your post.

It does not go unnoticed that you refer to Black people as "THE BLACKS". I believe that is the same terminology that Donald Trump and his White Nationalist supporters use.

In fact, being a North Carolinian, I am quite proud of the responses from the people in Charlotte that are in the video. It sounds like EVERYONE has GOOD ideas on how to overcome racism.

Unlike the situation in TEXAS, I am sorry to say. Racism in TEXAS is so ingrained into the INSTITUTIONS in TEXAS like the universities, law enforcement, state government, housing, and yes, even customer service, where a hotel leaves a Muslim family to be threatened by a WHITE MAN without lifting a finger.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@nctarheel wrote:

Nowhere in this thread have I inferred that it is directed at minorities. I used the term "Americans and others".

I also used the term "everyone" so it seems that YOU are trying to inject race or national origin into the discussion.

Why would you do that???

Race was implied when it was posted because of the sanctuary cities bill placed into law.  And you mentioned race in your original post:

"The American Civil Liberties Union issued a travel advisory for the state of TEXAS.

"The ACLU warns that Americans and others can anticipate violations of their constitutional rights. They warn that Americans and others can be subject to racial profiling, baseless scrutiny, and illegal arrest based on how one looks or sounds."

Are you saying that you don't proofread your posts?

And how is that racial situation in Charlotte?  http://www.charlottestories.com/we-asked-strangers-about-racism-in-uptown-charlotte-you-wont-believe...

Apparently the Blacks in the video still says that there is segregation and discrimination in your state.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

So my wife should be careful according to the ACLU?

I don't know why you are using your wife as an example.

According to the ACLU, EVERYONE should be careful.

But of course from your series of posts you are inferring it is directed at minorities.

Nowhere in this thread have I inferred that it is directed at minorities. I used the term "Americans and others".

I also used the term "everyone" so it seems that YOU are trying to inject race or national origin into the discussion.

Why would you do that???

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

But of course from your series of posts you are inferring it is directed at minorities.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@Soosie wrote:
The only word I can come up with is "Wow"!

Soosiei

So my wife should be careful according to the ACLU?  If a person has a valid Texas driver's license there should be no question since a SSAN is required to get one.  But of course if it was bought from a local flea market then a warrant check by cops would show it was stolen.

So how long will this hold up in court without it being tossed out?

Here is a tidbit from the Texas Tribune for comparison:  "Between 2008 and 2012, the ACLU said, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement requested local jails to hold 834 U.S. citizens, including some who spent additional days in jail because of the error."

So should people be more afraid of the local police or of the INS?

Further how will the state determine if the law is indeed being enforced?  This ranks up there with North Carolina's 'bathroom law'.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10
The only word I can come up with is "Wow"!

Soosiei
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Easy, Tx, easy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

TRAVEL ADVISORIES, TRAVEL ALERTS, AND TRAVEL WARNINGS

Message 10 of 10

It is dangerous for Americans out there as The State Department has issued TRAVEL ALERTS AND TRAVEL WARNINGS for many countries including Yemen, North Korea, Pakistan, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Ethiopia, Iran, Egypt, Columbia, and 32 more countries.

But, it is also dangerous for Americans in one other place.

The American Civil Liberties Union issued a travel advisory for the state of TEXAS.

The ACLU warns that Americans and others can anticipate violations of their constitutional rights. They warn that Americans and others can be subject to racial profiling, baseless scrutiny, and illegal arrest based on how one looks or sounds.

YESSIRRREEE........... It is a dangerous world out there.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors