Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TOPICS TO CONSIDER FOR THIS MESSAGE BOARD

Message 1 of 25

You can all criticize me all you want to. and maybe I am incorrect. but I do believe what I say.

The biggest regret that i have in my  life, is that just like all the Cubans that came to this country the only thing that we did was come here and criticize Fidel Castro from the Miami shores.

We that came here, all of us didn't do what we should have done and  what we didn't do.was to fight for our country.  We simply came and started a new life and forgot what was our real responsibility.
We didn't fight for our country. we simply allowed things to happen.

Sorry, but I see the same thing happening here. the same criticisms  the same name calling the same types of posts but what I don't see. is the activism that is needed to win.

Yes, You bet, I am disappointed. Today, there are more than 750 protests throughout  the country. protesting How many of you know or have friends and family in any of those protests. I don't know of any and I didn't bother to go either. 
You all know about my prophesies,  and here is my  latest one.  
Democrats will loose the elections in NOv. the Supreme Court will change your lives forever. and after all of that happens, most of you will continue to come here to this message board, and continue to call Trump names, hate Trump and his policies and talk about the past 
But will all of you at least admit that only if your fight for your country. you will obtain what you want.? YOu have something that I didn't have and those were the tools of a Democracy. Use those tools. not by just talking about them but by doing

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 25

@jfpinlvn wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Just responding to - Rk where are you? - it's called courtesy.

Thank you for your reply, I didn't expect anything different from you.

And so you reply to Rk's reply to your question with sarcasm, implying that his opinions/views are not worthy of consideration.

Let it go, jf - you have to consider the source.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 25

@GailL1 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

The topics are easy, they present themselves everyday.  

What I would like to see on this adult discussion board is civility and discussion,  void of name calling,  childish behavior, and respect for differing opinions.

Common courtesy is always the right default position...

Debating the issues with civility and without any name calling, would make any issue actually "discuss-able" -  

To do that you need subjects that are true, and people who know the subject talking about them. What makes them not discuss able is if they come from and outside leader and are posted by some one who does not understand them, and are only posted to try and keep people away talking about the important items of the day. Another thing that slows down discussion is when articles about one small part of a subject are posted like they are part of the entire subject. That leads to people taking all sides of the subject which ends up with them saying nothing.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 25

@rker321

Clearly you have defined who "we" is and the goals of your proposed subjects. This reads like a 'rally around the flag boys' call to the liberal/progressive audience.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 25

Just  an idea.. But how about learning the Truth about the 500 days of President  Trump posted under the Good News part.  Right by the  Bingo posts.  Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 25

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And so you reply to Rk's reply to your question with sarcasm, implying that his opinions/views are not worthy of consideration.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 25

@rker321 wrote:

Sorry Gail but both Democrats and Republicans have become too biased and  many  have lost all sense of civility.

When someone's political point of view turns into a foaming at the mouth rant in which only their point is correct and their proclamations come from the mouth of God to their ear, therefore only they are right, then we are truly going down THe Rabbit Hole. This, in my opinion, applies to both sides. Please try not to be that person. Before I am reminded that I have not always followed my own advice, I regret that I am guilty and probably will let my enthusiasm for my own point of view lead me to The Rabbit Hole. We all have moments of weakness, just need to work at it not becoming a habit. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 25

@rker321 wrote:

Sorry Gail but both Democrats and Republicans have become too biased and  many  have lost all sense of civility.

I did not mention any political party - my comments were about this discussion board and how to accentuate, propagate, and move forward the "discussion".

Pass that, and with civility ( not just the sense of it ), I don't care what the discussion subject matter might be -

I just get headaches from the blah, blah back and forth with all the name calling or just skim a couple of highlights of a thread and hear it and just move along.

There are a few good debaters and discussers here and I tend to read their post and not the others because the others say the same thing over and over and over, regardless of any subject thread, lending nothing to the conversation or discussion.  

I mentioned NO party affiliation or whichever "wing" here because that doesn't seem to matter in what I am speaking about here.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 25

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

When you start trying to take the high road and show how objective you are and end with "Let's work together to defeat this abomination of an Administration", you do not deserve serious consideration.

Like you have stated many times, you do have the right to simply scroll.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors