Honored Social Butterfly

TOILET PAPER PANIC OVER?

I went to Walmart yesterday and watched the paper towel / toilet paper aisle with great interest. The shelves were about 80% full with plenty of toilet paper and paper towels. Shoppers were not rushing or fighting to grab any of the products before they ran out. In fact, several shoppers were leisurely pushing their carts and didn't even stop to look at or pick up toilet paper.

Of course Walmart still had a one item limit per customer rule in place.

For me, this was the first time since the Covid-19 panic kicked in, that toilet paper and paper towels were treated just like every other product in the store.

Honored Social Butterfly

I was at Costco yesterday, they had a sign:  out of Sani-wipes...so that IMO is a good thing, people are not back to business as usual.    My town also has a petition to force the major Grocer to demand masks to enter - as 4 of their employees  have tested positive for Covid19 .     One day and 44K signatures later, HEB is once again enforcing a Mask Required to enter....it is after all a private business.    hee hee hee

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher wrote:

I was at Costco yesterday, they had a sign:  out of Sani-wipes...so that IMO is a good thing, people are not back to business as usual.    My town also has a petition to force the major Grocer to demand masks to enter - as 4 of their employees  have tested positive for Covid19 .     One day and 44K signatures later, HEB is once again enforcing a Mask Required to enter....it is after all a private business.    hee hee hee

The H.E.B. attempted to enforce restrictions on entering.  But customers 'voted' by patronizing the other two supermarkets in the area.  H.E.B. got the message and backed off.  They were losing customers anyway because they cut back on keeping the store stocked, while the other two was mostly stocked. 

It's our money and we're going to spend it where we want.   

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

ctyp-040820-Best-Worst-Getty-1.jpg

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Reports from mountains of Maine, shortage ended a month ago, after doughnut shops started giving it away with or without purchase.

Several brands made up here, pulp products are called trees.

Similar reports from Northern NH and VT, less populous corners of the states.😷.

Haven’t seen any price gouging offers on Craigslist in ages. Same with hand sanitizers, masks, etc made by brew pubs or outdoor gear makers.

Besides we know what yellow pages or leaves to use in a pinch. Avoid leaves of 3 , if really shiny before use.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Please let me know if you're having the same experience wherever you live.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Plenty of paper goods here in the northern plains....just too many full of caca Police Apologists.....

Honored Social Butterfly

The shelves were about 80% full with plenty of toilet paper and paper towels.

Stock up now, the next toilet paper panic is a few months away.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I went to Walmart yesterday and watched the paper towel / toilet paper aisle with great interest. I'm sorry, CeeTee....

The shelves were about 80% full with plenty of toilet paper and paper towels. Shoppers were not rushing or fighting to grab any of the products before they ran out. In fact, several shoppers were leisurely pushing their carts and didn't even stop to loot (Freudian?) at or pick up toilet paper.

Of course Walmart still had a one item limit per customer rule in place.

For me, this was the first time since the Covid-19 panic kicked in, that toilet paper and paper towels were treated just like every other product in the store.  Time to blame the media again for the hysteria....LMAO!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking That is because this  pandemic is over Sorry you have not   heard.

haha1.jpg 

no name
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png