Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

TIMELINE OF KEY EVENTS IN THE SPREAD OF THE NEW CORONAVIRUS

Thought this would be interesting to post here, as a reference or perhaps as a historical article -

 

NYT: 03/27/2020 - Timeline of Key Events in the Spread of the New Coronavirus 

 

From:  JAN. 3, 2020 when the number of cases of a new type of viral pneumonia in central China rises to 44 in an outbreak that awakens fearful memories of the 2002-2003 SARS epidemic.

 

To:  MARCH 18: When President Trump says he will invoke Defense Production Act to marshal the private sector in response to the pandemic. 

 

It also places other indirect government key actions into the timeline - like suspending the 2020 Census field office operations until April (and most likely will be much longer).

Honored Social Butterfly

   Even if all of the social distancing guidelines are followed “perfectly,” Dr. Birx said, the death toll in the nation could reach 100,000 to 200,000.    Donald said that Death is painful when he said that if the death rate in the US was under 100K, then he had done a great job.  

    

   Here is a more factual info sheet, as the NYT is not original reporting:   https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/mar/20/how-donald-trump-responded-coronavirus-pandemic/

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Many more lives will be lost, hundreds or perhaps thousands, as a direct result of tRump's denial and inaction early on in this pandemic. The article doesn't mention that.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

Many more lives will be lost, hundreds or perhaps thousands, as a direct result of tRump's denial and inaction early on in this pandemic. The article doesn't mention that.


It is a timeline, not a blame-game but if you really want to continue to affix all the blame and be honest about it - check out why we are really as short as we are on the number of ventilators  in our national stockpile - BIG GOVERNMENT PLANNING AND CARRY-THRU

 

Check out my post earlier today:

AARP Politics and Current Events 03/20/2020 - IMPORTANT: PROJECT AURA - HOW GOVERNMENT MESSES UP BIG... 

 

The link in that post -

NYT 03/29/2020 - The U.S. Tried to Build a New Fleet of Ventilators. The Mission Failed. 

 

They did NOT know how to work with a contract; they don't know how to force a contract even when the odds are in their favor - ; regardless of political party or Administration.  

Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

Many more lives will be lost, hundreds or perhaps thousands, as a direct result of tRump's denial and inaction early on in this pandemic. The article doesn't mention that.


I'm not a Times subscriber.  Does the article note this as a "key event" in the timeline, or at all?

 

The United States Announces Assistance To Combat the Novel Coronavirus

Honored Social Butterfly


@oceanedge2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Many more lives will be lost, hundreds or perhaps thousands, as a direct result of tRump's denial and inaction early on in this pandemic. The article doesn't mention that.


I'm not a Times subscriber.  Does the article note this as a "key event" in the timeline, or at all?

 

The United States Announces Assistance To Combat the Novel Coronavirus


You know I read that too. Way back on 02/07/2020 in STAT (link below)   This is the result of an emergency call made from WHO and which we work with other nations under our Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA). 

 

About our generosity:

STAT 02/07/2020 - Coronavirus concerns trigger global run on supplies for health workers, causing sh...

 

FYI:  What is the Global Health Security Agenda:

KFF 12/17/2019 - The U.S. Government and Global Health Security - OUR GLOBAL HEALTH SECURITY EFFORTS 

 

We give to them in their time of need and then they do the same to us -  isn't that how it is suppose to work in this WORLD?   Well, not really, they were suppose to stop it  -   BUT . . . .

I also posted about this earlier today - guess nobody reads my post.

NYT: 03/29/2020 - White House Airlifts Medical Supplies From China in Coronavirus Fight 

 

So we sent them -  "17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials."

and they are now sending us  - ( from the above link)

A commercial aircraft carrying 80 tons of gloves, masks, gowns and other medical supplies from Shanghai touched down in New York on Sunday, the first of 22 scheduled flights that White House officials say will funnel much-needed goods to the United States by early April..

 

Capisce?????

0 Kudos
297 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@GailL1 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Many more lives will be lost, hundreds or perhaps thousands, as a direct result of tRump's denial and inaction early on in this pandemic. The article doesn't mention that.


I'm not a Times subscriber.  Does the article note this as a "key event" in the timeline, or at all?

 

The United States Announces Assistance To Combat the Novel Coronavirus


You know I read that too. Way back on 02/07/2020 in STAT (link below)   This is the result of an emergency call made from WHO and which we work with other nations under our Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA). 

 

About our generosity:

STAT 02/07/2020 - Coronavirus concerns trigger global run on supplies for health workers, causing sh...

 

FYI:  What is the Global Health Security Agenda:

KFF 12/17/2019 - The U.S. Government and Global Health Security - OUR GLOBAL HEALTH SECURITY EFFORTS 

 

We give to them in their time of need and then they do the same to us -  isn't that how it is suppose to work in this WORLD?   Well, not really, they were suppose to stop it  -   BUT . . . .

I also posted about this earlier today - guess nobody reads my post.

NYT: 03/29/2020 - White House Airlifts Medical Supplies From China in Coronavirus Fight 

 

So we sent them -  "17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials."

and they are now sending us  - ( from the above link)

A commercial aircraft carrying 80 tons of gloves, masks, gowns and other medical supplies from Shanghai touched down in New York on Sunday, the first of 22 scheduled flights that White House officials say will funnel much-needed goods to the United States by early April..

 

Capisce?????


On TV this evening there was a medical Dr. who went through how China got medical people from all over China to the worst area of the virus so they could treat people. Now that the virus is controlled in that area they have returned to their home areas. His suggestion was why not see if we could get some of the Dr. to come here as they would be very effective since they have been dealing with people with the virus and know all the in and outs of how to do it, while our Dr. are still on a learning curve. Yes there would have to be a person there who could speak Chinese but that should not be a problem. Having spent time in China my guess most of them already speak English as the schools teach it from 3rd grade up, and a number of them trained here is the US to be Dr.

Honored Social Butterfly

Folks should take a look at how we comapre with Germany.  The difference is entirely due to our having let Putin install an infantile moron as ToadPOTUS, and Germany having been very careful to NEVER AGAIN let some loudmouth psychopath win an election.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Olderscout66 wrote:

Folks should take a look at how we comapre with Germany.  The difference is entirely due to our having let Putin install an infantile moron as ToadPOTUS, and Germany having been very careful to NEVER AGAIN let some loudmouth psychopath win an election.


What does that comment even have to do with the subject ??????  Maybe you meant to put your comments under some other thread or maybe you just wanted to say "something".

Honored Social Butterfly

Timeline?? When did these occur?...
How about trump originally being briefed by the Obama administration on the potential of outbreaks. 
When did trump start firing people who would have had important information on an outbreak, and deleting personnel in important departments. 
When were briefings done for trump concerning outbreaks, or even the beginnings of the outbreak in China. 

Didn't a lot of these take place prior to 2020?

Honored Social Butterfly


@williamb39198 wrote:

Timeline?? When did these occur?...
How about trump originally being briefed by the Obama administration on the potential of outbreaks. 
When did trump start firing people who would have had important information on an outbreak, and deleting personnel in important departments. 
When were briefings done for trump concerning outbreaks, or even the beginnings of the outbreak in China. 

Didn't a lot of these take place prior to 2020?


@williamb39198 

You seem to be the person here with a lot of questions - I believe I have mentioned before that if one searches for the truth themselves, you maybe surprised at what you find and I am talking about using legitimate sources.

Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 

You are right. I do have questions as to the "honest" course of events, which a real sequence of who knew what when did not give the complete history originally, and which did not answer my timeline questions, okay. If someone makes statements of events as factual, it would figure that others might have questions. 

trump knew about the virus before 2020. And I admit that I want to help expose his attempt to coverup the virus spread, and his total incompetence in handling the crisis. Which certainly includes when events took place, and when trump knew about them. Of which he claims not to be responsible. That is not leadership, nor being presidential. 

0 Kudos
268 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

 


@williamb39198 wrote:

Timeline?? When did these occur?...
How about trump originally being briefed by the Obama administration on the potential of outbreaks. 
When did trump start firing people who would have had important information on an outbreak, and deleting personnel in important departments. 
When were briefings done for trump concerning outbreaks, or even the beginnings of the outbreak in China. 

Didn't a lot of these take place prior to 2020?


Much happened while Pelosi and the dimms were obsessed with the fake impeachment debachle of the President.  3 weeks in he issued an order to close our borders to people traveling from China to the US in order to protect the American.  As usual the dimms called the action "Racist" and went on and on about how he was the devil...

 

You likely missed it with all the focus on the impeachment hoax...

 

Its OK I am sure he is still the devil this week too.

 

Enjoy your evening, shelter in place and pray for the best possible outcome.

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 

Why is the real course of events, a challenge. trump knew about the virus and it's effects before the start of 2020. 
And he got rid of people who could have really helped in this crisis...trump hasn't helped!

And he closed the border after the virus was already here...great job donnie!

 

As per what you said, trump has claimed he is not responsible...the definition of responsibility..."doing the right thing, when no one else is around"! That doesn't quite fit trump, does it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png