From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THIS SPEAKS FOR ITSELF

Message 1 of 38

@mandm84 wrote:

Tex , defending Trump after he stated he knows more than all the Generals , Dodged the draft with "bone spurs" and cut down John McCain for being shot down and held prisoner , says what about you as a Veteran ?

Well - there are the sorts who insist on the slavish following of trump's orders and demands even though they are un-constitutional, un-patriotic and morally and ethically bankrupt...

There are those who rebuke those people - and say - the leader is absolutely dead wrong - just plain flat crazy - and for the good of the country needs to be removed from leadership - charged - prosecuted - and if found guilty - not pardoned...

Some will say that there's a large gray area - the majority of their fellow citizens believe that saying that is avoiding picking the side of patriotism or picking the side that is clearly against one's country - and having the courage - or lack of courage - to stand by that decision...

The question is whether - or not - to defend trump - whose loyalty is only to himself - not to his country...

For those who would say that I have already decided that trump is guilty - I ask - were you ever so gullible that you believed that Nixon was innocent - or maybe still believe in his innocence?

After hearing what was going on - it was obvious that Nixon was guilty as hell...

So is trump...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 38

@mandm84 wrote:

Tex , defending Trump after he stated he knows more than all the Generals , Dodged the draft with "bone spurs" and cut down John McCain for being shot down and held prisoner , says what about you as a Veteran ?

Again it's about Tex?  And nowhere did I claim to know more about the Generals, in fact I didn't make any comments on operational matters.  I detect some political bias.  I would say that speaking as a Veteran says more than someone bent on basing their comments on politics.  And I was in Vietnam for many of the years he was a POW.  Additionally where have I been defending Trump?  Show my exact words.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 38

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 38

@aruzinsky wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

So, let me get this straight.  Unlike McCain, Trump avoided risk of death over Democrat LBJ's crackpot Domino Theory.   Did McCain actually believe in the crackpot Domino Theory or was he just following orders?

You mean to tell us that you didn't ask McCain -didn't get an answer from him and that you don't know for sure?

Now you have to ask liberals - because you don't know for sure...

Yes, but my ignorance is better than your ignorance.

That sounds somewhat like things that treasonous lying trump - Putin's butt-boi says...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 38

@aruzinsky 

Perhaps you ought to use your “crybaby button” on yourself for calling others stupid! Aren’t we suppose to be respectful to others?

Besides, what is your point...we already knew that more troops were killed or wounded under Johnson in Vietnam?

And if other Presidents helped start or fuel the conflict, then they are historically involved in that conflict. Nixon sure had his finger in it also. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 38

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

So, let me get this straight.  Unlike McCain, Trump avoided risk of death over Democrat LBJ's crackpot Domino Theory.   Did McCain actually believe in the crackpot Domino Theory or was he just following orders?

Are you referring to the conflict that Eisenhower got us involved in?

This should speak for itself:

US_Vietnam_War_deaths.png

But, for those too stupid to notice, my key phrase was "risk of death."  LBJ killed 36756 Americans whereas Eisenhower only killed 25.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 38

@alferdpacker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

You mean to tell us that you didn't ask McCain -didn't get an answer from him and that you don't know for sure?

Now you have to ask liberals - because you don't know for sure...

Yes, but my ignorance is better than your ignorance.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 38

@williamb39198 wrote:

LBJ did escalate, but the Vietnam insanity was started during the 50’s, even some roots post WWll. 

Prior to LBJ escalating our involvement in Vietnam our role was advisory, not engagement.  Yes our involvement started during the Eisenhower administration, but not in an active way. 

Most of us who actually served in Vietnam didn't think of McCain especially being a hero more so than the others held as POWs by the NVA.  If his father hadn't been an Admiral, he wouldn't be considered so.  Apparently not a thought is given to the others who were held as POWs and suffered as not. 

As far as who is responsible for military pay raises, of course every President has claimed credit for favorable actions during their administrations, but matters pertaining to funding comes from Congress.  It's interesting that many who has never been in the military or to Vietnam has jumped throwing in comments, even including McCain who has nothing to do with the train of thought.

As usual, liberal posters take every opportunity to sidetrack discussions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 38

@aruzinsky wrote:

Draft dodging with fake bone spurs is "avoiding risk of death". Oh .....................NOW I GET IT !!    And .......... going to war as a pilot and getting caught and tortured as a prisoner of war is "believing in a crackpot Domino Theory".     Oh ...... and trump lying to the military and promising them a "big" raise is OK, because Congress appropriates those raises, not the president.     ROFLMAO !!!!!!   I learn so much here.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 38

@TxGrandpa2 

So trump does not set military pay, so why did he make untrue statements about past pay raises, and promise future pay raises for the military when that was not in his domain? 

Or just another trump lie to the troops to try to make himself look good? 

What a guy, he demeans gold star families, berates hero’s, and makes a vain attempt to look supportive, while he is willing to throw any and all in harms way!

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors