Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THIS IS HOW DICTATORSHIPS START

Message 1 of 2

Trump tried to suppress freedom of the press by telling gullible citizens that the most balanced, bi-partisan news outlets in our country were "Fake News."  When that didn't work, he said that the press was the enemy of the people, just in case people didn't believe him at first, he continued to repeat it, today even mocking 1st amendments rights.  This mirrors Hitler's reign--there was even a name for the Hitler's regime's attempt to make the German people no longer believe in their press--(perhaps someone more knowledgeable then myself about this know the name--)

To me it is obvious why Trump is doing this, if he can make people believe that the BEST news agencies in our country are spreading propaganda about him, he felt he could control all the controversy swirling around him--especially, with regard to Russia. 

When that didn't work, there was an attempt to obstruct justice, which denials and whining about the press and leaks (He LOVED WIKILEAKS, REMEMBER--AND SO DID HIS FOLLOWERS) WON'T MAKE GO AWAY.

Trump doesn't stop there, he has has our Intelligence agencies aren't doing their job.  HE HAS TO DENIGRATE THEM TOO--CAUSE IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THESE ENTITIES FIND THE TRUTH THAT MOST OF US ALREADY KNOW.

And then today, CNN was blocked from entering a routine WH press briefing.  Come on, this is SO OBVIOUS--and yet so frightening when we realize that some Americans are still buying into this --read info. on Hitler, his coming to power, and the advent of the Third Reich--(can't help but feel Trump wants to build up our military to do his bidding--)

Surprising as I sit here, writing this, Texas Representative Joaquin Castro, when asked if he thought Trump would use our military to deport people, Mr. Castro said, "Sure, at this point,after what we've seen, I wouldn't rule anything out.  Representative Castro used the CBP agents checking of papers of everyone from a domestic flight from San Francisco to NY and ICE agents actually going into a court and removing a woman who was seeking a domestic order of protection, and a women who was days away from having a brain tumor removed and being held in a retention center as examples.  He also said his office had heard stories about US citizens and people here legally being caught up in these "dragnets." This sure reminds me of Jews, Catholics,  being rounded up and being placed into the ghettos.

Suppression of press, a Nazi like approach to  the removal of undesirableS, THE build up of military with hints that it will be used against private citizens

Here's a real kicker--yesterday a staunch Trump supporter called me a communist--JUST SHAKING MY HEAD. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

THIS IS HOW DICTATORSHIPS START

Message 2 of 2

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing
1 / 17

The Hill
Jordan Fabian
1 hr ago

The White House blocked a number of news outlets from covering spokesman Sean Spicer's question-and-answer session on Friday afternoon.
Spicer decided to hold an off-camera "gaggle" with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera briefing in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.
Among the outlets not permitted to cover the gaggle were news organizations that President Trump has singled out for criticism, including CNN.
The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend.
Several right-leaning outlets were allowed into Spicer's office, including Breitbart, the Washington Times and One America News Network.
A number of major news organizations were also let in to cover the gaggle. That group included ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, Reuters and Bloomberg.
The White House Correspondents' Association sharply criticized the decision.
"The WHCA board is protesting strongly against how today's gaggle is being handled by the White House," Jeff Mason, the association's president, said in a statement.
"We encourage the organizations that were allowed in to share the material with others in the press corps who were not," he added. "The board will be discussing this further with White House staff."
A White House spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs