Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THIS IS HIGHER EDUCATION???????

Message 1 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

But of course anything posted here is the poster's opinion.   Perhaps someone should obtain guidance from the AARP Communty Manager as to those type posts?

They do appear to be designed to create hateful feelings and dissension.  One would have to wonder what someone just surfing and came across those type posts?

Once again, your post is off topic.

Why are you trying to interpret the guidelines again?

And why do you mention the AARP Community Manager again?

The subject of the thread is the volume and frequency of RACIST activities that occur in TEXAS schools of "higher" education. Baylor and the University of Texas-Austin have had repeated incidents. People have even lost their jobs over these incidents. Of course, then we have the professors that mocked Blacks.

Anyway, that is the topic........

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 25

Republicans appear to be upset because they are not able to stop education.    Which is actually pretty funny as "resistance" training is FREE at Universities such as Havard.   

They seem especially bothered by the Title of the Coursework, which, rather than wander through all Poly Sci courses, that indeed do teach "resistance" to political rhetoric are really missing the point.

I attended a training program in my city.    It was offered by Greg Abbott ( TX Governor) and the course was offered by "Abbott University".    It was Resistance training 101 and it the same information that is taught at any other political science resistance training group.

Or, is it that they are upset that someone other than Republicans have become the owners of the activitity of Resistance?    Afterall, these same Republicans have been telling us for years that DC is terrible - gee, they even elected a guy based on that rhetoric and now they have lost control of the verbage.  

What next:   End Political Science courses especially when the topic of higher education high-lights the racist behavior of WASP that is mixed with Republican rhetoric. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

Of course, that is my opinion.

--

But of course anything posted here is the poster's opinion.   Perhaps someone should obtain guidance from the AARP Communty Manager as to those type posts?

They do appear to be designed to create hateful feelings and dissension.  One would have to wonder what someone just surfing and came across those type posts?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

One of the GUIDELINES at the top right corner is

• Using hate speech

We are a community of people with diverse beliefs, opinions and backgrounds, so please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

One  has to wonder if the repeated topics like this isn't meant to be incendiary and hateful?  Especially being continuously being made?

First, you were giving guidance on whether one should report posts to a Moderator and now, you are interpreting the guidelines.

Are you now a moderator???

Neither post is on the topic of Institutional Racism in TEXAS.

These news reports are emanating from TEXAS regularly and frequently and are "fair game" for discussion.

If fact, any news report, thought, opinion, or other topic is "fair game" for discussion as long as you are respectful.

I do not mention anyone personally in my opinions about the Institutional Racism in TEXAS while your posts seem to be totally directed toward another poster, me.

That is not respectful.

Of course, that is my opinion.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 25

@fangoh45 wrote:

Read the comments in this article. I can't help but believe one on this forum must live in a parallel state or more likely a profoud state of DENIAL (Caps lock used for emphasis, eh?).

What's the old adage, "those who live in glass houses should not....!!

--

One of the GUIDELINES at the top right corner is

• Using hate speech

We are a community of people with diverse beliefs, opinions and backgrounds, so please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

One  has to wonder if the REPEATED TOPICS like this isn't meant to be incendiary and hateful?  Especially being continuously made with the same theme?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

It appears that the perversion of "higher education" is of no interest if it happens outside the State of Texas.

A classic case by the original poster of the topic to not pay any attention to anything that he didn't post.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

Tx

Good attempt to 'whitewash' anything that would be detrimental to your claimed state of North Carolina, but it further indicates that you are more interested in stirring up dissension by going after another state...the reason you decline to reveal.

Seven years ago or yesterday, there is still plenty of dirty linen in your claimed state.  Your attempts to deflect any criticism shows your true purpose.   Why not Chicago which could be considered even racist with all the killings of Black youngsters without anything done to address it?  Or other cities or states?

Three disparate news items from a period of over ten years is certainly not "detrimental" to North Carolina while the ingrained INSTITUTIONAL RACISM that permeates the Law Enforcement Community, the "Higher" Education Community, the Judicial Community, and the Executive Branch of State Government in TEXAS is so offensive so as to have TEXAS designated #1 as the MOST RACIST STATE.

Why highlight a state that is 3rd or 5th? Why highlight a city?

It is TEXAS that has earned its #1 designation and deservedly so.

Week after week, racially related news items radiate from this state like no other.

If you will notice, I don't mention you as I post about TEXAS while you take aim at me personally in your posts such as "you are more interested in stirring up dissension" or "your attempts to deflect criticism". Those comments are certainly OFF TOPIC.

Does that mean that TEXAS is such a racist stronghold that there is no defense for the activities that take place there week after week?

https://www.thetoptens.com/most-racists-states-us/north-carolina-459684.asp

Read the comments in this article. I can't help but believe one on this forum must live in a parallel state or more likely a profoud state of DENIAL (Caps lock used for emphasis, eh?).

What's the old adage, "those who live in glass houses should not....!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 25

It appears that the perversion of "higher education" is of no interest if it happens outside the State of Texas.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

Does that mean that TEXAS is such a racist stronghold that there is no defense for the activities that take place there week after week?

No defense needed when a poster is determined to avoid admitting the these type posts are deliberately being made out of proportion to reality.  That is evident when he doesn't want to discuss happenings in his own claimed home state in comparison. 

Additionally when the poster highlights words by capitalizing them to emphasize the state, certain phrases, he must have an axe to burn. 

Regardless instead there should be no doubt that honest posters without bias would realize his intent and that the points he is attempting to make is false.  Therefore it reflects more on the poster than on the theme of the topics he is continuing to post taking this forum to a level of that of supermarket tabloids..

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 25

Tx

Good attempt to 'whitewash' anything that would be detrimental to your claimed state of North Carolina, but it further indicates that you are more interested in stirring up dissension by going after another state...the reason you decline to reveal.

Seven years ago or yesterday, there is still plenty of dirty linen in your claimed state.  Your attempts to deflect any criticism shows your true purpose.   Why not Chicago which could be considered even racist with all the killings of Black youngsters without anything done to address it?  Or other cities or states?

Three disparate news items from a period of over ten years is certainly not "detrimental" to North Carolina while the ingrained INSTITUTIONAL RACISM that permeates the Law Enforcement Community, the "Higher" Education Community, the Judicial Community, and the Executive Branch of State Government in TEXAS is so offensive so as to have TEXAS designated #1 as the MOST RACIST STATE.

Why highlight a state that is 3rd or 5th? Why highlight a city?

It is TEXAS that has earned its #1 designation and deservedly so.

Week after week, racially related news items radiate from this state like no other.

If you will notice, I don't mention you as I post about TEXAS while you take aim at me personally in your posts such as "you are more interested in stirring up dissension" or "your attempts to deflect criticism". Those comments are certainly OFF TOPIC.

Kudos
Views