Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THIS GROUP COMPRISES 34% OF THE RECENT MASS SHOOTERS IN THE UNITED STATES

Message 1 of 26

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq - we most certainly did not win...

So those of us that served in Korea or Vietnam doesn't matter?  Alferdpacker did you notice that I said "the many veterans throughout the country's history"?  

I do notice that the poster who started this topic refuses to answer if he is a veteran, which would indicate he isn't.

What difference does it make whether the OP is a veteran or not?

Coinsidering that only 7.3% of American Citizens alive today have ever served in the military - and that the number of Americans who served in uniform in any war never reached 20% of the population - there's no reason that a distinct minority group's opinions should ever be allowed to make any significant difference - or be granted any special considerations regarding their opinions being given any extraordinary level of credence...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq - we most certainly did not win...

So those of us that served in Korea or Vietnam doesn't matter?  Alferdpacker did you notice that I said "the many veterans throughout the country's history"?  

I do notice that the poster who started this topic refuses to answer if he is a veteran, which would indicate he isn't.

What difference does it make whether the OP is a veteran or not?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 26

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

https://worldbeyondwar.org/u-s-mass-shooters-disproportionately-veterans/

Interesting that the poster used as his source an organization that is anti-war, World Beyond War.  I would believe that a good many in this country are veterans so now he is going to attack them? 

Does he think that we could be freely posting our opinions here if not for the many veterans throughout the country's history.  If not for veterans we would probably be speaking German or Japanese instead of English.

To intelligent people, posting a fact isn't "attacking" anyone. But calling out a poster and presuming what their beliefs are, as in this case, certainly is an "attack".

Worse yet when one or more presumption in the content of a post is unquestionably flawed and entirely incorrect.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

https://worldbeyondwar.org/u-s-mass-shooters-disproportionately-veterans/

Interesting that the poster used as his source an organization that is anti-war, World Beyond War.  I would believe that a good many in this country are veterans so now he is going to attack them? 

Does he think that we could be freely posting our opinions here if not for the many veterans throughout the country's history.  If not for veterans we would probably be speaking German or Japanese instead of English.

To intelligent people, posting a fact isn't "attacking" anyone. But calling out a poster and presuming what their beliefs are, as in this case, certainly is an "attack".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 26

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Third ... I guess you just don't realize that this meme, so often repeated by righties, is irrelevant and a completely transparent attempt to divert attention from the real issue at hand.

What is the "real issue"? Hillary didn't get elected?

As is often the case, far right wing zealots can only blame Hillary and can't be expected to think objectively. Case in point, NOT wants to blame Hillary's defeat, but OBVIOUSLY that's:

Image result for four pinocchios

In 2006, well before the election, Trump was claiming "record numbers" of killings:

Chicago tops 700 homicides — with a month to go in violent 2016

Was Chicago’s murder rate in 2016 ‘record setting,’ as Trump suggested?

Given the "record" that Trump loves to lie about, maybe NOT will blame Nixon and Ford since the "record" occurred in 1974.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 26

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Using your link, those Vets didn't kill over many many years what the Democrat Chicagoans killed this year alone! Your point?????

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-homicides-data-tracker-htmlstory.html

And here comes @NOTHAPPENING with a RED HERRING.

What in God's name does Chicago Homicides have to do with VETERANS who become mass shooters?

A RED HERRING IS A FALLACIOUS ARGUMENT INTRODUCED TO DISTRACT FROM THE SUBJECT AT HAND.

Do you have any comments relating to mass shootings by VETERANS?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Or it could be that I am like many VETERANS and wish not to brag about my service.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Indeed, we do have citizens speaking German and Japanese anyway.

In fact, if it weren't for the military, our Japanese CITIZENS wouldn't have been put in CONCENTRATION CAMPS right here in the United States, losing their homes and businesses. If it weren't for the military, we wouldn't have TORTURED people with WATERBOARDING.

But those are stories for another day, @TxGrandpa2.

What really worries me, @TxGrandpa2 is that you can't look at an anti-war effort and the military at the same time.

It seems that you see it as an EITHER/OR situation.

That can be dangerous if the leadership of the country takes the same stance.

It is to our credit that the United States is strong militarily but also is aware that conflict can spiral OUT OF CONTROL.

Your comment that I am attacking VETERANS is absurd.

THERE IS A STATISTICAL ANOMALY RELATING TO VETERANS WHO BECOME MASS SHOOTERS AND "SOMEONE" NEEDS TO ADDRESS IT!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

I note that you didn't answer my question - everyone knows why.

Of course I didn't answer your nonsensical question.  Why should I? 

When anyone brings up 'everyone knows' I question the remark.  I don't deal in generalities like that. 

Putin would approve.

Vaya Con Huevos

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 26

@alferdpacker wrote:

I note that you didn't answer my question - everyone knows why.

Of course I didn't answer your nonsensical question.  Why should I? 

When anyone brings up 'everyone knows' I question the remark.  I don't deal in generalities like that. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors