THINGS THAT COULD BE FIXED IN THIS REPUBLIC OF OURS

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

THINGS THAT COULD BE FIXED IN THIS REPUBLIC OF OURS

Message 1 of 1

There are a few things that perhaps because  the mores of this society have changed need a little fixing or at least recognize as not being as efficient as they should be.

The electoral College.  We have seen on various occasions now that during an election they may not  represent the will of the people of this country.
The Judicial system

Lest's start with the judges.  each and any time that an Administration changes, the profile of the judicial system changes to indicated the party in charge. And they make the laws that are the reflection of the party that have named them.
The Supreme Court Justices.
This is one in which term limits should be imposed. 
Not only they represent the Administration that have had the opportunity to put those judges in charge but being a lifetime employment is really not conducive to really be objective in  evaluation of the laws.
I am not going to name Gerrymandering or the Lobby  system because those are things that politicians have been taken advantage of for many years. and they do have an important function in the kind of government that we will have in this country.
I imagine that there are more things that need fixing but these are for me  the most important.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors