Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THINGS LIKE THIS, DON'T HAPPEN IN AMERICA

Message 1 of 5

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Citizens United was decided after the Dems lost majority control of Congress.

You are correct, my bad,  still I truly believe that looking inward is now the time.

No worries.  But IMAHO, it's always a good time to reflect and look inward.  This is a good time as well.  It'll also be a great time when ALL the investigation of our President are completed.

Meanwhile, we have to get past this tribal mentality.....

Yes, we need unity, we need to reflect and look inside of all us and see and evaluate our own motives.
These are very dangeours times for all of us. and we need to really searh for our common sense and act  accordingly.

There  is much to see as of now. but don't allow our subjectivity cloud our real objectives.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@rker321 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

You are correct, my bad,  still I truly believe that looking inward is now the time.

No worries.  But IMAHO, it's always a good time to reflect and look inward.  This is a good time as well.  It'll also be a great time when ALL the investigation of our President are completed.

Meanwhile, we have to get past this tribal mentality.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

THINGS LIKE THIS, DON'T HAPPEN IN AMERICA

Message 5 of 5

Don't they?

Again, the words of Churchill have more meaning than ever. Americans always do the right thing after trying everything else.

I have spoken before about the ethnocentrism that exist in America. and soul searching by all is necessary in order to  understand.

Our  founders, never thought when they came about with our Constitution that there would not be in the chambers of our government enough morality to stop and deal with what we have seen recently.

Therefore, they never created the necessary laws that would help in case that we saw  what we have today.

But, take a look at all our government branches, both Republicans and Democrats.  let's face it, do we believe that any o them have actually dealt with the needs of this country?

We have seen now what this Administration has done to the morals of this country, but, I do't blame this Administration because it was up to those chambers to have the morality that they both lack.

Remember when Obama took office? remember that the Democratic Party had both chambers? Did they do anything at all  regarding  Citizens United?  and why not?

Sorry, guys, accept the fact that bad things happen here, because of our own inability to face that we are not perfect, that bad things do happen here, and that we have shown the world that own Democracy need a lot of fixing.

American exceptionalism, yes, it does exist so where it has been ?

Look around you,  and not inwards. example, even Israel can indicte a leader  and we can't .  If now this president decides to do horrible things to this country and his party wants to allow it. there are no vehicles or laws  that would stop him.
Stop thinking that bad things happen to other people but not here.

Create the necessary mechanism to be able to avoid in the future what we have seen happening now.

Had the morality bar gone so low that we are unable to deal with what we see? Both parties are to blame. and we as citizens are to blame, because we never have done one thing to make these politicians accountable for their actions.
And what is worse, there are no laws that would prevent anything like this.
I urge all of you, to stop thinking as Democrats or Republicans, and start thinking as Americans.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors