From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THEY THINK THIS IS HILARIOUS IN TEXAS

Message 1 of 89

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Cool - so it would be equally politically and socially correct and acceptable for blacks to put on whitecap and do rather pointed parodies lampooning the KKK, Milo's bois, Birchers, White Supremacists, Identity Movements, Alt Right and all their quaint cultural variations - and post it on youtube - true?

Obviously any who felt insulted or targeted should lighten up and take it as only lighthearted parody, and not any attempt to insult - correct?

And of course, Republicans, mainstream conservatives and trump supporters would find them hilarious....

Once again it was a parody. I really don't think anyone was actually outraged by this thing. It seems more like someone baiting an ex-Klatcher who still has not been forgiven for his "desertion".

We really do have to lighten up. 

Nope - not going to.

However I promise not to object should an alt right lighten up twice or more...

Illustrating the point - the topic is only the vehicle, the fight is the point.

Bp9k3l_IIAAFQ2F.jpg

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 89

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Cool - so it would be equally politically and socially correct and acceptable for blacks to put on whitecap and do rather pointed parodies lampooning the KKK, Milo's bois, Birchers, White Supremacists, Identity Movements, Alt Right and all their quaint cultural variations - and post it on youtube - true?

Obviously any who felt insulted or targeted should lighten up and take it as only lighthearted parody, and not any attempt to insult - correct?

And of course, Republicans, mainstream conservatives and trump supporters would find them hilarious....

Once again it was a parody. I really don't think anyone was actually outraged by this thing. It seems more like someone baiting an ex-Klatcher who still has not been forgiven for his "desertion".

Nope - not going to.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 8.02.08 AM.png

http://memeshare.xyz/content/uploads/images/funny-liberal-memes-6.jpg

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 89

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Nope - not going to.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 89

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Nope - not going to.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 89

@alferdpacker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 89

@umbarch64 wrote:

I truly am sorry such personal antipathy has built up between you two.  Wonder why. [rhetorical...no reply needed]

You might ask the original poster of these type topics.  But I believe it has to do with his not agreeing to my opinion about a country in the middle east and their treatment of the original indigenous peoples.  It's no loss to me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 89

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

Bigotry and it's little brother racism were the original topic[s].... and yes, what you and I were discussing is directly applicable.  If you choose not to answer, say so. 

--

It appears that hypocrisy is what one wants it to be. 

Not so.  I'll give just the first of Webster's definitions:  "1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral, or religious beliefs that one does not possess."...Seems clear to me.

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but I find there is much hypocrisy among those who claim to be liberals yet are so dogmatic that others HAVE to follow their philosophy.  That has been the trend here in giving a hypocratic definition to the term and what they supposedly believe. 

I do think what I said can be interpreted as saying a hypocrite is a hypocrite is a hypocrite.  If you have a problem with that tell me what it is.

As far as the original topic of this thread, it is part of a continual theme by a poster to find any minute item that could be sensationalized as wrong about Texas.  That's partly apparent as it follows a certain pattern in every post, supported by one article, different areas, different circumstances,  in the media.  Then it is exploited as to applying to all 27.41 million Texans, and by someone who has only made one trip across the state headed west, which is the only contact with the state.  Plus an individual who will not explain his obsession with denigrating the state.

I truly am sorry such personal antipathy has built up between you two.  Wonder why. [rhetorical...no reply needed]

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (of which incidentally we have a good many over in the Houston Clear Lake area) to figure out that is the reason for these type topics. 

No...sure doesn't take a 'rocket scientist' for that...they wouldn't be much interested, aren't particularly qualifed to do that and wouldn't come within a Texas Mile of the smell in any case...they've got better things to do. I kinda feel qualified to say stuff about those guys, my best friend was a nuclear physicist and a rocket scientist.,...Houston, Florida, California......we went to college together. You could say he had the 'right stuff' to do the 'real thing'.  He's gone now...and I miss him.  

Doubt there is any reason to continue this.

Well....there was little reason I can see to dispute in the first place.  So...why do it?.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 89

@umbarch64 wrote:

Bigotry and it's little brother racism were the original topic[s].... and yes, what you and I were discussing is directly applicable.  If you choose not to answer, say so. 

--

It appears that hypocrisy is what one wants it to be.  I'm not sure what you are getting at, but I find there is much hypocrisy among those who claim to be liberals yet are so dogmatic that others HAVE to follow their philosophy.  That has been the trend here in giving a hypocratic definition to the term and what they supposedly believe.

As far as the original topic of this thread, it is part of a continual theme by a poster to find any minute item that could be sensationalized as wrong about Texas.  That's partly apparent as it follows a certain pattern in every post, supported by one article, different areas, different circumstances,  in the media.  Then it is exploited as to applying to all 27.41 million Texans, and by someone who has only made one trip across the state headed west, which is the only contact with the state.  Plus an individual who will not explain his obsession with denigrating the state.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (of which incidentally we have a good many over in the Houston Clear Lake area) to figure out that is the reason for these type topics.  Doubt there is any reason to continue this.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 89

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

Your "Then again....". is absolutely irrelevent, and seems intended to deflect responsibility away from the hypocritical self professed Christians we both agree exist.  I presume you have a reason for doing that.  What is it?

--

Of course the topic has nothing to do with religion; doubtful the intent of the original poster had anything to do with being a Christian because in the past he has already let it be known he is of another religious belief.

As far as what they did to have some private fun and roasting of a departing professor, what business is it of others?  I recall attending blackface minstrel performances put on by the local Jaycees when I was young back in Tennessee.  Several years ago, the same organization in that city put on a performance, not blackface, but including prominent Black business leaders where they were roasting each other with jokes.  I would guess the original poster wouldn't find fault with that because it wasn't in Texas, much the same as he ignores the following about his own state. 

As far as the incident that the poster is attempting to use as a mark against Texas, he is generalizing as usual to label an entire state for the actions of a few.  Along that line, there was a county official in his state that claimed solar farms would suck up the sun from surrounding areas.  So should we take that to label the entire state of North Carolina as backward country hicks?  I don't think so, since I've known real intelligent people from North Carolina.. 

I guess I have to say you didn't answer the question I posed to you.  It was intended specifically in regard to what you and I were talking about....that's the two of us...nobody else.  I have to think you had reason to step away from what we were discussing.

You and I seem to agree about hypocrisy.  It  may be we don't.  I am adamant that responsibility for hypocrisy belongs to the hypocrite...and that it cannot be excused and it cannot be ignored just because 'one of our own' does it.  In fact, that makes it even worse. The hypocrite soils themselves.  When they claim commonaltiy they also soil everyone within the group. Bigotry and it's little brother racism were the original topic[s].... and yes, what you and I were discussing is directly applicable.  If you choose not to answer, say so. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 89

@umbarch64 wrote:

Your "Then again....". is absolutely irrelevent, and seems intended to deflect responsibility away from the hypocritical self professed Christians we both agree exist.  I presume you have a reason for doing that.  What is it?

--

Of course the topic has nothing to do with religion; doubtful the intent of the original poster had anything to do with being a Christian because in the past he has already let it be known he is of another religious belief.

As far as what they did to have some private fun and roasting of a departing professor, what business is it of others?  I recall attending blackface minstrel performances put on by the local Jaycees when I was young back in Tennessee.  Several years ago, the same organization in that city put on a performance, not blackface, but including prominent Black business leaders where they were roasting each other with jokes.  I would guess the original poster wouldn't find fault with that because it wasn't in Texas, much the same as he ignores the following about his own state. 

As far as the incident that the poster is attempting to use as a mark against Texas, he is generalizing as usual to label an entire state for the actions of a few.  Along that line, there was a county official in his state that claimed solar farms would suck up the sun from surrounding areas.  So should we take that to label the entire state of North Carolina as backward country hicks?  I don't think so, since I've known real intelligent people from North Carolina.. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors