From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 'THEY JUST DON'T CARE'

Message 21 of 45

Soosie - Cent I agree that he was a brown middle eastern , but can you site you source as to how he would have voted?

Tx - Did he tell you that?

Both of you are defending lies with the, 'I don't care' defense, but neither of you are able to cite Christ promoting and supporting those who are liars.

Besides what does religion have to do with political discussions?

You are asking what does lying have to do with politics?  LOL 

Why is it that Trump, religion, etc is always brought up in any discussion whether it's pertinent or not?

The topic is dt supporters who "don't care" about truth, preferring to accept his lies, that no religion condones, in their guidance as to how human society best functions.

Tx, being the Bible scholar that you are, where exactly are lies not pertinent to the well being of human institutions.

Even Jesus said that his Kingdom wasn't of this world, yet there are both liberals and conservatives who keep invoking religion to justify their politics or denigrate that of others. 

Sure Tx, nothing Christ said had anything to do with this world.  LOL

A good example of what Jesus and politics would be when they were supposed to pay taxes with his statement to give to Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God that which is God.

That example has nothing to do with the topic of, I don't care about lying.  If you consider your example as the only relationship Christ had with teaching about  politics, then again you are proving the topic post to be truthful.

A better example regarding liars is in the Book of Acts when husband and wife, Ananias and Sapphira, individually lie about the amount of money they had received in selling property.  (anyone else come to mind?)  When their lies were separately exposed, they both fell down dead in that moment and were immediately removed from the room.  It could be said the punishment for their lying was instantly prosecuted.

Both your's and Soosie's posts support the topic of how those who accept a pathological liar as president of this country, JUST DON'T CARE that the supposed leader of the free world is a pathological liar.  You offer your full support for the most evil deceptions this country has known and not one of the excuses or rationalizations for defense make that otherwise.  All that's been done is the offer of corroborating evidence for the topic post. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 45

Out of the total amount of Trump supporters who happens to be 35-40% of the American populations what % of those do correspond to the religious Right and the Evangelists and Fundamentalists.?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 45

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

A Gentle Reminder That Jesus Was A Brown Middle Eastern Refugee Who Would Not Have Voted For Trump;..................................@Cent I agree that he was a brown middle eastern , but can you site you source as to how he would have voted?

I don't know how Jesus would have voted then or now or if he would have voted or would vote at all. But I do know for sure, despite popular conservative belief, God is not a Republican! Nor is Jesus Christ.

And nor would she support "building a wall; whine about immigrant germs, attack the poor and hungry or steal from others.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 45

Very nice, @Centristsin2010 .  The article pretty much sums it up well!

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

A Gentle Reminder That Jesus Was A Brown Middle Eastern Refugee Who Would Not Have Voted For Trump;..................................@Cent I agree that he was a brown middle eastern , but can you site you source as to how he would have voted?

A Gentle Reminder That Jesus Was A Brown Middle Eastern Refugee Who Would Not Have Voted For Trump

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 45

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Besides what does religion have to do with political discussions?

PLENTY!!!!!

Why don't you ask the RELIGIOUS RIGHT and the EVANGELICALS how, WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE, they are able to support a politician who is a pathological liar, a womanizer, a serial adulterer, a draft dodger, a racist, a serial narcissist, a serial swindler, and an inept president.

INDEED!  It's stunning many faux Christians forget Christian Values when it's politically convenient.  What was Christian Value #7 in a prior topic?  Hypocrisy?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 45

@Soosie wrote:

A Gentle Reminder That Jesus Was A Brown Middle Eastern Refugee Who Would Not Have Voted For Trump

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 45

I was just replying to your post is all.  What does give to Ceaser have to do with voting?

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

No disrespect for your beliefs and philosophy, but we all can read in the New Testament just what Jesus would do for the stranger....the poor....the oppressed,no?  

And that has what to do with voting?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 45

Yes, Sir, that is correct about giving to Caeser but let us not forget some "Golden Rules" Jesus proclaimed like...."Love your neighbor as yourself" or "So in everything, do to others what you would have them done to you".

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

I don't know how Jesus would have voted then or now or if he would have voted or would vote at all. But I do know for sure, despite popular conservative belief, God is not a Republican! Nor is Jesus Christ.

I think that if one researched the Bible, they would find that neither God nor Jesus was involved in politics but in spiritual matters.  Even Jesus said that his Kingdom wasn't of this world, yet there are both liberals and conservatives who keep invoking religion to justify their politics or denigrate that of others.  We see that has happened in this discussion, especially the latter.

A good example of what Jesus and politics would be when they were supposed to pay taxes with his statement to give to Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God that which is God.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

But your description also describes one Democratic President who fits a good deal of what you have described. 

What Democratic President are you referring to?

It isn't the one that left office with the highest "end of office" approval rating ever, was it, @TxGrandpa2 ?

Or maybe the one that paid off $360 billion in National Debt while balancing a budget; even experiencing a surplus?

Or maybe the one that had the most diverse cabinet in history?

Or maybe the one that protected millions of acres of American land?

Or maybe the one that doubled training and education investment?

Or maybe the one that saw crime rates decrease each of his eight years in office?

It's NO WONDER that you like to leave his name off!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 45

@Laurie42010 wrote:

No disrespect for your beliefs and philosophy, but we all can read in the New Testament just what Jesus would do for the stranger....the poor....the oppressed,no?  

And that has what to do with voting?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors