Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 'THEY JUST DON'T CARE'

Message 11 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Chapter and verse Tx, when did Christ instruct us that all of his teaching about His Kindom was in no way to be connected to any who live in "this world"?

Why don't you give the chapter and verse?   Try Colossians 3:2-4 as a start.

Have a good day.

And I thougt you said that there was no place for religious  discussions in this message board?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 45

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Chapter and verse Tx, when did Christ instruct us that all of his teaching about His Kindom was in no way to be connected to any who live in "this world"?

Why don't you give the chapter and verse?   Try Colossians 3:2-4 as a start.

Have a good day.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Why should I or anyone listen to their views in our lives?  We have the New Testament scriptures.  I've not seen Christian Values #7 or any other number.  Or saying whether to vote Republican or Democrat in the Bible.  Or bringing up religion in a political discussion.

Agree 100% Religion has no place in any political discussion and yet........  laws in this country are made according to religious  beliefs. and not secular  and social issues.

I do believe in the separation of Religion and State and yet....  that line seems to be crossed a lot lately.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Or bringing up religion in a political discussion.
Sounds like you're almost ready to comment on The Topic.  I could be wrong though.  hohum.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 45

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Where did that "Christian Value #7" come from?   From the scriptures or from someone's post?  Christian Bible Reference Site.  What about it?

So you are getting your information from a site besides the New Testament?   You can't get your information from the scriptures but have to do so from someone's opinion?   I note that your site is run by a husband and wife team, no doubt reflecting their views. 

Why should I or anyone listen to their views in our lives?  We have the New Testament scriptures.  I've not seen Christian Values #7 or any other number.  Or saying whether to vote Republican or Democrat in the Bible.  Or bringing up religion in a political discussion.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Why is it that some bring religion into political discussions?   Did Jesus not say that his Kingdom wasn't of this world (John 18: 36-37).

Better still, staying on topic rather than objecting to Christ's and the entire Bible's teaching about lying, why do you think dt supporters don't care about our president's habitual lying?  Any ideas on the actual topic?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

INDEED!  It's stunning many faux Christians forget Christian Values when it's politically convenient.  What was Christian Value #7 in a prior topic?  Hypocrisy?

What about someone who hasn't claimed to be a Christian continually bringing up Christian values in a political discussion?  What about it?

Where did that "Christian Value #7" come from?   From the scriptures or from someone's post?  Christian Bible Reference Site.  What about it?

Isn't it hypocrisy judging others in violation of the commandment to "Judge not lest you be judged"?  You are wrong suggesting anyone is judging others.

I don't see any Christian values from someone judging the Christian values of others?  So?

What about the scripture about removing the beam out of one's own eye so they can see clearly about removing the mote out of another's eye? What about it?

Why the inserting religion into a political discussion?  Because the faux Christians are facilitating much of the hate in this country.  But thanks for asking....  Have you seen so-called Christians here, other than "Controlled" promoting Christian values?  If so, where?  What posts?  They're frauds; just like trump.  But again, thanks for asking....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 45

@Olderscout66 wrote:

YES! It's included repeatedly in the writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and while lil donny and the GOPers are not mentioned by name, Our Lord identifies them with crystal clarity in virtually every one of his parables and sermons, and His comments are to condemn the behavior of donny and the GOPers while praising behavior contrary to that of today's Republicans.

Could you give some examples?  Chapter and verse.

Why is it that some bring religion into political discussions?   Did Jesus not say that his Kingdom wasn't of this world (John 18: 36-37).

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 45

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

INDEED!  It's stunning many faux Christians forget Christian Values when it's politically convenient.  What was Christian Value #7 in a prior topic?  Hypocrisy?

What about someone who hasn't claimed to be a Christian continually bringing up Christian values in a political discussion?  Where did that "Christian Value #7" come from?   From the scriptures or from someone's post?  Isn't it hypocrisy judging others in violation of the commandment to "Judge not lest you be judged"?

I don't see any Christian values from someone judging the Christian values of others?  What about the scripture about removing the beam out of one's own eye so they can see clearly about removing the mote out of another's eye?  That is hypocrisy.

Why the inserting religion into a political discussion? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 45

@Soosie wrote:

A Gentle Reminder That Jesus Was A Brown Middle Eastern Refugee Who Would Not Have Voted For Trump;..................................@Cent I agree that he was a brown middle eastern , but can you site you source as to how he would have voted?

YES! It's included repeatedly in the writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and while lil donny and the GOPers are not mentioned by name, Our Lord identifies them with crystal clarity in virtually every one of his parables and sermons, and His comments are to condemn the behavior of donny and the GOPers while praising behavior contrary to that of today's Republicans.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors